4 months and still Stang smiling

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow edition Grabber Blue
Its almost 4 months since I decided to buy the Stang or Blue Thunder as my mate called it recently!

I did have a few doubts but honestly every day I get to drive it, i cant stop smiling. Even mundane trips to the shops are an event.

I have become accustomed to the 70 foot door span, the 200 foot wide turning circle or lack of, the stress of multistorey carparks, especially the ones designed for 1930's Austin's with parking spaces and access ramps to match!

Morning starts with a cold engine looooooud exhaust , hoping the neighbours wont be annoyed.

The fuel economy has surprised me. Roughly 21 around town( ish) and 28 - 35 ( yes 35mpg) on a motorway run, that includes a full tank of fuel bags and hills up to the Lakes or Scotland! I even managed 340 miles to a tank once.

I did notice a substantial mpg improvement after the first service so maybe the cooking fat they put in the factory wasn't quite up to scratch?

Commuting through Manchester its really not the most slender car to navigate the Wacky Racers or nutter van and taxi drivers, with a few stressful moments, however offset by admiring or is that bemused looks from pedestrians. Bikers love it, I generally get a thumbs up or 'Nice on mate'!
Some people wip their phones out and take a pic , probably to share on FB and say look at this person with their gas guzzler its killing baby swans and little pigs with its emmisions!

I expect the rest of you get similar reactions?

But anyway still on the original Pzeros kind of dreading autumn, with its slippy diesel stained roads and wet weather, but so far its taken everything in its stride and that 5 litre is just a powerhouse.

Blimey I can do a full Costco shop in the boot and no need to worry I am not in my van.

I love the illumination inside, my daughter likes purple so thats what we must have and its always the Stang she insists we go in anywhere.

So far so good lets hope it lasts and Grabber Blue might be a rubbish paint name but such a nice happy colour.

Hope you guys are still enjoying yours.

Can you spot it in the photo! Haha. Those concrete posts are scary!
IMG_20190606_110703811.jpg
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Glad to see someone getting fully accustomed to Mustang life - it gets better as time goes on :)

I never get tired of the admiration and attention it gets. Just makes it all the more special

You should be fine on the pzeros in the winter, just go easy with that right foot ;)

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Glad to see someone getting fully accustomed to Mustang life - it gets better as time goes on :)

I never get tired of the admiration and attention it gets. Just makes it all the more special

You should be fine on the pzeros in the winter, just go easy with that right foot ;)
Haha thanks. :like:

I dont drive like a spanner anyway but this one has to last, no chance to get anything interesting after it falls to bits. :crazy:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The fuel economy has surprised me. Roughly 21 around town( ish) and 28 - 35 ( yes 35mpg) on a motorway run, that includes a full tank of fuel bags and hills up to the Lakes or Scotland! I even managed 340 miles to a tank once.
I managed 366 miles and had 25 miles left on a trip through France this week. I reckon in the right circumstances you could squeeze 400 miles out of a tank. Interestingly I get better mpg on UK 97RON super unleaded than 99RON French fuel. Both E5 so that isn't it. Same journey (opposite directions) 32mpg on UK fuel and 30mpg on French fuel

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
I managed 366 miles and had 25 miles left on a trip through France this week. I reckon in the right circumstances you could squeeze 400 miles out of a tank. Interestingly I get better mpg on UK 97RON super unleaded than 99RON French fuel. Both E5 so that isn't it. Same journey (opposite directions) 32mpg on UK fuel and 30mpg on French fuel
Impressive! Maybe it was uphill on the way back? Hope your trip was nice over there.

I usually stick 97 Ron when at costco or 95 anytime else. I tried Tesco 99 but frankly didn't notice any difference?

I did 4.5 hours straight no stopping on one trip home, got out and other than wanting a pee, felt fine not tired or stiff at all. Like the seats very comfy.

Sponsored

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
Great to read the report on your car Stan, and I agree with all you say.

I’ve had mine just over a year and have enjoyed every one of the 5,000 miles so far. it’s not a daily driver so mostly gets used for longer, fun trips.

Pleasingly, I’ve never had a negative comment about the car. All people want to do is admire it - and ask about fuel consumption..!

Keep on enjoying your car!

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Great to read the report on your car Stan, and I agree with all you say.

I’ve had mine just over a year and have enjoyed every one of the 5,000 miles so far. it’s not a daily driver so mostly gets used for longer, fun trips.

Pleasingly, I’ve never had a negative comment about the car. All people want to do is admire it - and ask about fuel consumption..!

Keep on enjoying your car!
Thanks . Haha yes first question.

'Is that a Mustang?'
'What mpg do you get?'

You dont buy one of these if you care about mpg do you? :crackup:

Thankfully my commute is short otherwise I wouldn't have considered it just lucky I can (for now until these congestion zones ban them)

s1ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks . Haha yes first question.

'Is that a Mustang?'
'What mpg do you get?'

You dont buy one of these if you care about mpg do you? :crackup:

Thankfully my commute is short otherwise I wouldn't have considered it just lucky I can (for now until these congestion zones ban them)
We have the best colour combination. Period. I have it a bit longer than you but I still get a smile on my face every time I see my car. Have fun with your car!!!

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
We have the best colour combination. Period. I have it a bit longer than you but I still get a smile on my face every time I see my car. Have fun with your car!!!
Thanks, yes the colour makes it as much as anything else for me. Doesn't mean everyone elses isnt isn't nice they are but we have our favourites.

Got to love these primary colours!:like:

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Two year`s in and I still smile with every mile
The only downside I get it seems to provoke people to prove they can beet a stang in there people carrier or 4x4 and especially hot hatches even tho your not racing them and you just cruised past them when they where doing about 60 mph seconds later they flash by or spend miles up ya ass or race past undertaking you even tho you are just cruising along with all the other traffic lol
Grabber Blue my second favourite colour lol enjoy mate

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Two year`s in and I still smile with every mile
The only downside I get it seems to provoke people to prove they can beet a stang in there people carrier or 4x4 and especially hot hatches even tho your not racing them and you just cruised past them when they where doing about 60 mph seconds later they flash by or spend miles up ya ass or race past undertaking you even tho you are just cruising along with all the other traffic lol
Grabber Blue my second favourite colour lol enjoy mate
Thanks , yes I get similar usually kn@bs in scroaty hatches as you say, thankfully I have a slightly higher IQ than your average MP so I just ignore them.

Its just when you see a car caning it right up your backside to then move to the side of you hoping you will race them because thats what Stang owners do in Texas however the M60 is not Texas is it, nor is it a Fast and Furious set! Muppets. :headbang:

pdavison

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible 5.0 V8
The MPG question and fascination is why I bought my plate ... perfect match
Front Mustang.jpg

jgruben1134

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2 Velocity Blue "Moby"
Had mine a little over a month now and still grin every time I see it. i make excuses to go outside and just look at it. Now, I did just have to make the first payment on it today. Quite the shock making a second car payment in a month when I've only had one for so long, but totally worth it!

OP
OP
Stanski

Stanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
Had mine a little over a month now and still grin every time I see it. i make excuses to go outside and just look at it. Now, I did just have to make the first payment on it today. Quite the shock making a second car payment in a month when I've only had one for so long, but totally worth it!
I know what you mean, same here and still appreciate it like the day I first saw it.

It wasn't new but hardly any miles on it and the previous owner must have kept it in a nice garage it was and still is mint or rather blue!
I have done about 4000 miles in just under 4 months. Well it is a GT car and I do long trips at weekends or days off.
Sponsored