Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I've got my Mustang, a new USA pony car V8 was an itch that needed scratching.
I'll keep it like I do with all my cars.

I won't buy another because I've got one. But I could be interested in a 4 door estate car version. It would have to look beautiful, with good steering and handling, a good strong powertrain, a reasonable price and a good sound.
Get a Kia Stinger...
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Now I am out of retirement and involved in hydrogen cell development my next car will probably be hydrogen powered, much better that these silly battery jalopies.

I love how you completely dismissed traditional IC cars out of the discussion just like that! :crackup: I wish you well but the trend is already set. I came off the freeway yesterday and was greeted with a sign advertising charging stations at this mall. At 4:00pm I’ll be at this charging station start up company. It is exciting times these days! I look at V8s and their noise like I look at old steam engines puffing away. One engine fuel I am glad never took off is propane. I lost my sense of smell for the longest while driving these vehicles. I have driven lots of different cars so I don't have this fear of the future the others have. Drive that hydrogen car in all conditions and note it all in a log. Every type of propulsion has its positives and negatives. No blinders during development!

Good luck!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Fair enough. And I know what I said was blasphemy around here but Ford has to face facts and correct it or else. So they teased the EV to create excitement and maybe prop up the stock. The market is a dog eat dog world and EV is the future.
EVs are most definitely NOT the future. There is no future with something that is just as bad for the environment as gasoline and diesel. EV is a passing technology, nothing more.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
OP, it's all lies! NO CAR that Ford makes has EVER competed with any Audi or Porsche(Non-racing, just sales). This wouldn't even make sense because Ford and VW(VAG) signed an agreement to work together. Heck, Ford and VW(VAG) are talking merger! Guess who owns Audi and Porsche? That's right, VAG!

While Ford is revealing new crossovers, it WON'T be called a Mustang. The Mustang will NEVER be 4 doors. This isn't the Charger we are talking about. SMH
What Dodge did with the Charger was.. sinful lol The Charger was never 4 doors. Completely stupid.

Reactions: Ebm

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
EVs are most definitely NOT the future. There is no future with something that is just as bad for the environment as gasoline and diesel. EV is a passing technology, nothing more.
Uhhhh....all types of energy have the possibility of being used to generate electricity and make clean power. Nothing to suggest EVs are a passing technology.

Unless you're talking about battery manufacturing but if cars last longer, probably still a net positive.

Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
As others have said..... This is the only 4 door Ford sedan that should have continued and perhaps released here. However it would be a bonus to have AWD available, Charger Hemi use to have AWD, but they took that away in current generation (now V6 only).

2014_fpv_gtf_351_04-0610.jpg

mustangfanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Pictures or no pictures, a 4 door Mustang is a bad idea. Ford ditched all sedans so why create a net new one. The Mustang is a 2 door sporty car and the nameplate should not be diluted in an attempt to sell cars in a segment that Ford has already indicated they intend to abandon

Guardstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I remember when the Wrangle 4 door came out, I thought it was a mistake but Jeep gained a whole new customer base. I can't believe Ford hasn't amortized the Mustang chassis buy building other body styles-especially a sport sedan for Lincoln.

15pgnatsum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Eight pages in and 90% of y'all are still believing the "Mustang" moniker will be used on this vehicle. Again, the FORD.COM website specifically states: "Mustang-inspired" not "Mustang-named" Gahdang!

rtOBYyT.png

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
What Dodge did with the Charger was.. sinful lol The Charger was never 4 doors. Completely stupid.
Yeah, it's bad, but if the Charger didn't go to 4 doors, I don't think it would still be around. Dodge couldn't afford to have 2 of nearly the same car, the Chally and the Charger.

Uhhhh....all types of energy have the possibility of being used to generate electricity and make clean power. Nothing to suggest EVs are a passing technology.

Unless you're talking about battery manufacturing but if cars last longer, probably still a net positive.
Yes, batteries. I think that's a short term solution to the problem, not long term.

Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Eight pages in and 90% of y'all are still believing the "Mustang" moniker will be used on this vehicle. Again, the FORD.COM website specifically states: "Mustang-inspired" not "Mustang-named" Gahdang!

rtOBYyT.png
Whether or not it is named the Mustang, it should NOT have tri-bar taillights. Period.

I don't care about the rest of it.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I remember when the Wrangle 4 door came out, I thought it was a mistake but Jeep gained a whole new customer base. I can't believe Ford hasn't amortized the Mustang chassis buy building other body styles-especially a sport sedan for Lincoln.
A dig through JeepForum or Jeeps Unlimited would result in many threads such as this one. Hahaha.

People even hated the long wheelbase Wangler.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I'm all about doing something different, I would of loved a Galaxy or Fairlane revival as a 4 door "Mustang" rather than adding another 2 doors to our 60 year old coupes.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Whether or not it is named the Mustang, it should NOT have tri-bar taillights. Period.

I don't care about the rest of it.

rtOBYyT.png

You know I didn’t notice that! So on second thought you might care about the rest...

lit.jpg

Ok - if that flaming blue pony ends up on the front of the car it’s all over...

The fat lady is singing... :angry:
Sponsored

Last edited: