4 Door Mustang Coming soon

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
None of this latest news surprises me at all.

I’ll say it again...
Look how and successful both Porsche (and Audi) have been with their entire lineup of vehicles.
They all share very similar styling features and cues based off a common design language.
Has the heritage or history of the 911 been diluted?

The Mustang, now being the only vehicle designated as a “car” in Ford’s future needs to change and adapt with the times and demands of current and future consumers to stay relevant.

Mustang means excitement...in both styling and performance.
We may not like all of the decisions Jim Hackett has made, but he isn’t stupid.
Ford will build what it knows will sell.
And anything related, connected or affiliated with the name Mustang will sell.

It will be interesting to see if GM expands the Camaro lineup.
Sponsored

RMS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 EB, custom pack
Hope this a joke? Frst of April is still far of. If this all is true, this is the beginning of the end, bye bye Mustang. The end of an era.
I can live with an electric Mustang, shape of things to come, but a 4-door.
Ford torpedoes its flagship.

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I really can't believe they will make anything with 4 doors that looks like a mustang. Just the fact that your sources said it will try to compete with Porsche and Audi makes it suspect for me. My guess is that they may use the chassis of the mustang and EB engine and/or hybrid with a all new look. Possibly some design queues from the Mustang. To try to sell someone a 4 door AWD crossover type Mustang to me is just silly. But what do I know lol.

They are building a Mustang inspired 4dr vehicle.

That doesn't mean it's the end of days for the Mustang. If anything it will help it through the times. The Mustang and automobiles in general have always adapted.

There is a reason there is no Muscle cars anymore. Failure to Adapt.

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Its always fun when some guy runs out and buys their first mustang. Joins a forum. The posts the same wacky sh!t. They've been saying for the last 25 yrs.
Wind your neck in, mate. I've owned and driven Yank cars for nearly 20 years, and been interested in them since I was a kid (and the Mustang only just pre-dates me...). But obviously, as you're the expert on everything, you already knew that, right?

Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
They are building a Mustang inspired 4dr vehicle.

That doesn't mean it's the end of days for the Mustang. If anything it will help it through the times. The Mustang and automobiles in general have always adapted.

There is a reason there is no Muscle cars anymore. Failure to Adapt.
I think you were replying to someone else. Never said the Mustang would or would not away. All I said was that this new vehicle would be inspired by the Mustang not be a 4 door version.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Ugh. IMHO this and a "mustangy" SUV just waters down the Mustang lineage/nameplate. Do that shit with the Thunderbird nameplate if you want to go after the Panamera or whatever. You already gave up taking on the Corvette with it, but the name still resonates. Mustang is a two door pony/sports car period.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
australians are going to be all over this thing. can't wait to see 4 door mustangs fighting it out in v8 supercar racing rather than the 2 door bodyshell they are trying to work with.

... and then there is law enforcement.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
If this is what it takes to keep the coupe and convertible alive then it's fine by me. I'd rather own the best looking 2022 Mustang from the lineup than no Mustang at all because they couldn't make the businesscase any longer.

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Mustang looking SUV, 4 door Mustang. If that's true the Mustang just becomes the name for Fords new corporate identity.

Also a Ford against an A7 and panamera? Guess this Ford guy obviously never sat in these cars if he thinks a Ford can be on par...

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The thought of the topic of this thread makes me sick and is as rediculous as a 4 door Corvette.

Anyone remember "New Coke"?

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
My problem with this: noone desires/looks twice at a 4 door car. Who cares about that thing. They can be nice, they can be fast, but no one gives two craps about one. Seriously, take the Charger. I was at the most recent Carlisle PA Dodge show...those aisles might as well have had tumbleweed going up and down them. They had a "ride in a Hellcat" thing going on too. If you got stuck with the Charger versus a Challenger, it was like getting a damn consolation prize at the fair. I saw people try to swap in line. Viper and Challenger rows...different story. My wife, a total non-car person, doesn't even consider a Panamera or Porsche SUV a real Porsche...lol. She sees the allure of the traditional sports car versions though. Ford is making a big mistake if this is true. Electric...I can somewhat see that argument...four door or SUV, not so much. I would rather see the nameplate die to be honest as it will be dead except in name only. I would never have a four door Mustang or SUV sitting in my garage...the day this happens I will just go to some cheap ass Nissan sedan to get from A to B once my 2016 goes under.

18P51GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Are ya fn kidding me?! Bout as stupid as the idea of making it a wagon or front wd. There ya go fn up an American icon. It doesn’t need to be changed. It needs to be perfected.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Build the 4 door Turbo v8 Mustang, and call it a Falcon or Thunderbird. Doesn't need to be a Mustang.
Sponsored