cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Would rather see it as a Falcon.
Yes, this. The Aussie Falcon was an awesome car, would totally consider it over a Mustang as I have kids that are almost teenagers.
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Hoooooooolllllyyyyyyy crap!!!
Yeah, it just amazes me how many people treat non-disclosures as though they are signing a piece of vapor. In my company, if I disclose anything and get caught I get fired and prosecuted. Has happened before (not to me of course). Sheesh, no-one knows how to keep their mouth shut anymore. In other news, Fox News is regularly reporting rumors on a fan site as news. Have seen similar things from other networks now as well, where thy cite reactions on twitter in the story as though they are something relevant. How far we have fallen....

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Yeah, it just amazes me how many people treat non-disclosures as though they are signing a piece of vapor. In my company, if I disclose anything and get caught I get fired and prosecuted. Has happened before (not to me of course). Sheesh, no-one knows how to keep their mouth shut anymore. In other news, Fox News is regularly reporting rumors on a fan site as news. Have seen similar things from other networks now as well, where thy cite reactions on twitter in the story as though they are something relevant. How far we have fallen....

I think I may be the father of that form of journalism. Iā€™m a hack and proud of it!!!!!

And just to let you knowā€”ā€”-I am...

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Iā€™m totally down for a hot rod SUV.

ID BUY IT.

What Iā€™m NOT down for is crapping on the MUSTANG name by turning it into something itā€™s not.

Itā€™s a CAR. Not just a form of automobile. A CAR. two doors. Long hood. Short deck. At least V8 power and pick your shifting poison.

Itā€™s not a truck, station wagon, suv, 4 door grocery getter, etc.

So by all means, letā€™s see a hot rod SUV inspired by mustang. But for the love of all that is holy, DONT slap on a Mustang badge or any trim level of Mustang nomenclature.

Make it itā€™s own thing. Otherwise folks wonā€™t see the brilliance. Theyā€™ll just be mad.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I own a 2016 Edge Sport, w/ tune... and the new ST has even more performance. But it is a BIG SUV, not a nimble little car like the RS.

While the Focus RS is a Focus... just a "sporty" version for a niche crowd BECAUSE IT IS SO SMALL. And doesn't offer to much in the way of room, utility or ride quality.

Odd, that you don't believe, or understand why Ford would want a 4-door performance vehicle above the Focus RS, based on the s550.
Errr, I wasnā€™t suggesting that I didnā€™t believe or understand why Ford would want to produce such a car. I get in and am 100% onboard.

On the contrary, the Focus offers decent room for what it is. I would consider the Fiesta on that scale of being small. Coming from an Edge they both seem tiny. Going from Focus to Mustang, the Mustang seems tiny due to the lack of room in the rear seats.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah. If you really want to keep something under wraps these days, you donā€™t discuss it outside of those in the immediate need-to-know.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Well if anything comes from all this it is that the EV Mustang is a reality first. That is what that whole reveal really means. And all this talk just tells Ford the hard core Mustang fans are now grudgingly accepting of an EV Mustang - especially along side offerings like a 4 door Mustang...:crackup:

Ford is spending 11 Billion in EV tech and now itā€™s time. EV is a certainty reality like it or not. Mustang GTs are now ā€œembarrassedā€ by EV cars like the Tesla Performance which is little more than a Hyundai Elantra GT in the EV world. The Mustang has to change and change quick. Check out the vid below to see just how badly the Mustang GT loses racing a Model 3 Premium. He literally gets his doors blown off...

We have no idea what ET the mustang ran. Stock 2018-19s can run very high 11s in stock configuration. Judging by the sound of the one shift I heard, not a very good driver. Not to mention dead ass asleep at the tree.

An Elantra? Noted, but price is price... A decked out model 3 can cost anywhere from $60-80K...

Virtually no one that is buying Tesla cares about the performance. They want to be trendy, hip, green, and pay less for the fuel.

The two cars do NOT in any way target the same buyer.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
We have no idea what ET the mustang ran. Stock 2018-19s can run very high 11s in stock configuration. Judging by the sound of the one shift I heard, not a very good driver. Not to mention dead ass asleep at the tree.

An Elantra? Noted, but price is price... A decked out model 3 can cost anywhere from $60-80K...

Virtually no one that is buying Tesla cares about the performance. They want to be trendy, hip, green, and pay less for the fuel.

The two cars do NOT in any way target the same buyer.

The Tesla Performance does 0-60 in the low 3s on a full battery. That says it right there. As for the track they ran another V8 Camaro that was in the 13s so the track conditions may have been crap with makes the EVs shine even more.

The reality is that soon performance people will go to EVs and V8s will be left in the dust. That V8 rumble will soon mean old and slow as your mother in a grocery getter EV will smoke you as she rushes home to see Days of our Lives. Think about that...

Now a Mustang EV solves that problem nicely.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Complete horseshit, but you keep believing that.

SOME EVs perform extremely well, but they have their limitations. No way do they replace gas powered vehicles at the racetrack nor make them obsolete, and no way do they run as quickly at the end of the day... Liquid fuel will hold that record for a very long time.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Complete horseshit, but you keep believing that.

SOME EVs perform extremely well, but they have their limitations. No way do they replace gas powered vehicles at the racetrack nor make them obsolete, and no way do they run as quickly at the end of the day... Liquid fuel will hold that record for a very long time.
Fair enough. And I know what I said was blasphemy around here but Ford has to face facts and correct it or else. So they teased the EV to create excitement and maybe prop up the stock. The market is a dog eat dog world and EV is the future.

Sponsored

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
I think everyone is getting ahead of theirselves on this. The Mustang has in the past, been based on variations of other car platforms. Gen 1 was the Falcon platform, then a highly modified Pinto platform for the Mustang 2. From 1978 to 2004, the Fox platform enveloped for the Fairmont went through several iterations. Even today, the Mustang has been on variants of the Volvo DEW platform since 2005. The S650 Mustang is going to be on a totally new platform, the CD6. Because the next gen Explorer and Navigator are also going to use the CD6, it means that hybrid and EV variants are going to be planned for the platform and easily adaptable to the Mustang. Ford has considered four door Mustangs and wagon models for almost every generation. They may find this to be the time for it, but the details are not going to be released anytime soon. I would like to see Lincoln get a 2-seat sports car and a 4-door sedan/wagon but I have no say in it.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Given that the Panamera 4S is $126,705 and goes 0-60 in 3.8 as well as 12.3 in the quarter I don't think the Mustang is giving up much at less than 1/2 the price as fully loaded as you can make it. Send it to Fathouse for twin turbos and for less than $75k you can say a big 'see ya' to the 4S and have a cool $50k in your bank account. You can have the 4S Ace.
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/porsche/panamera/2017/2017-porsche-panamera-first-test-review/
The Mustang is without doubt a great offer for the money. But people who are looking into buying a brand new Panamera, A7, etc are not only buying these cars for performance but for quality, prestige and newest technology. I would even go further that these cars are selling good because of the high price as a showcase for the size of your wallet.

Right now Ford can't even get the alignment of the front bumper on Mustangs right (the different gaps under the headlights are really bad on a lot of facelifts I saw), you can't sell this to the premium/luxury customers.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Exactly.

People shopping for a high end German brand arenā€™t looking at the Mustang.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Mustang outsells Audi TT and Porsche 911 in Germany

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
For what itā€™s worth, suppose Ford replaced that still of an EV Mustang (with a flaming blue pony) with a still side view of the four door Mustang, what do you think the response would be? The crowd would burst out laughing! Play that video again and imagine the reaction and you will see that instead of excitement over the future it would become a joke. And thatā€™s it right there folks...

And for those that still have a romantic attachment to the V8 remember this. When I was into cars in the 80s, that V8 rumble you hold so dear was not top of mind back then. Few replaced the exhaust. This love affair with shaping sound seems to be a relatively new thing. Sure we had the Thrush muffler glass packs and stuff. But when I took my dad for a test drive in my first 5.0 we were driving beside some old four door sedan with performance mufflers that sounded just like the modded Mustangs today, we never gave that car a second thought. It was just the speed. That was all. If something comes out faster then that is where the kids will go, especially when marketing money gets involved. But fear not, as we have a couple of years and when your paid off Mustang show a few dings, scratches and rust, that faster shinier Mustang EV will replace it. Things move on. I should say donā€™t tie your self-worth and self-image to the car you drive; but that would be a futile venture at this place...
Sponsored