4 Door Mustang Coming soon

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I tried to upgrade to a 2017 or 2018 but was talked out of it by members here. And they were right...
Wait, but you drive a 2017 V6... so were you really talked out of it?
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Wait, but you drive a 2017 V6... so were you really talked out of it?

Talked out of a 2018 (engine issues for one) and they made the right call for me there. I went and looked quickly for a new 2017 and found one in black which is mandatory but it was just sold. I even took a pic of it. Man was I pissed off! :curse: So I put it out of my mind. I’m used the the V6 now and it is made without flaws and perfectly reliable. So how can I chuck it. It stays now! Next is a new Corvette or EV Mustang which ever comes first!

It’s better this way. I’m a bad sort with cars. Even last night I was ——- and cutting off a rig this time ( in a closed track in Mexico). He bitched about it and I apologized but we were both going for it in the heat of battle so to speak. Better I drive the V6.

Oh yah: If you see a performance car with body damage - don’t challenge that guy cause he’s fearless and foolish (I add foolish as I should know better at my age).

Last edited:

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Dude's talking about how a Mustang-inspired 4 door would be blasphemy, then follows it up with consideration of buying an all electric mustang... :facepalm:

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Dude's talking about how a Mustang-inspired 4 door would be blasphemy, then follows it up with consideration of buying an all electric mustang... :facepalm:

0-60 in 2.6 seconds and top speed over 200mph EV Mustang does it for me! The four door NA IC not so much...

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
0-60 in 2.6 seconds and top speed over 200mph EV Mustang does it for me! The four door NA IC not so much...
Wouldn't count on anywhere near those stats... even Teslas wont hit 200mph.

But curious how a 2.6 second 200mph 4 door is "blasphemy" when a life-sized RC mustang is a dream car

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Wouldn't count on anywhere near those stats... even Teslas wont hit 200mph.

But curious how a 2.6 second 200mph 4 door is "blasphemy" when a life-sized RC mustang is a dream car

2.6 certainly. The Tesla Roadster goes over 250mph so if the tech is not proprietary then why not in a Mustang. Now that the cat is out of the bag for an EV Mustang watch the hype ramp up and the first should be performance leaks from a mule. And there is one out there. Trust me!

Two many things get compromised with a four door Mustang. Like longer wheel base, like weight, comfort, handling. No place for that in a Mustang.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
2.6 certainly. The Tesla Roadster goes over 250mph so if the tech is not proprietary then why not in a Mustang. Now that the cat is out of the bag for an EV Mustang watch the hype ramp up and the first should be performance leaks from a mule. And there is one out there. Trust me!

Two many things get compromised with a four door Mustang. Like longer wheel base like weight, comfort, handling. No place for that in a Mustang.
The tesla roadster is a 2 seater about the size of a Lotus and doesn't even have confirmed stats or a production model made. The "tech being proprietary" argument could be made for EVERY SINGLE EV ON EARTH, but why is Tesla the only one doing it? Expect something more along the lines of a smaller displacement IC engine with electric assistance that MIGHT perform close to a GT and gets good fuel economy.

And weight and handling also get SEVERELY compromised in an EV, moreso than an extended wheelbase. Comfort simply depends on the target market, and seeing as though it will be "mustang inspired", there will be no need for any more comfort than your standard GT.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The tesla roadster is a 2 seater about the size of a Lotus and doesn't even have confirmed stats or a production model made. The "tech being proprietary" argument could be made for EVERY SINGLE EV ON EARTH, but why is Tesla the only one doing it? Expect something more along the lines of a smaller displacement IC engine with electric assistance that MIGHT perform close to a GT and gets good fuel economy.

And weight and handling also get SEVERELY compromised in an EV, moreso than an extended wheelbase. Comfort simply depends on the target market, and seeing as though it will be "mustang inspired", there will be no need for any more comfort than your standard GT.

Ford has invested over 11 billion in EV tech. They are already using it (Mustang EV) to build excitement as a halo car. Trust me it will be fast. I for one couldn’t care less about anything else. It will be faster than anything today for sure. So hang on for a couple of years.

It won’t be a DD.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Ford has invested over 11 billion in EV tech. They are already using it (Mustang EV) to build excitement as a halo car. Trust me it will be fast. I for one couldn’t care less about anything else. It will be faster than anything today for sure. So hang on for a couple of years.

It won’t be a DD.
The way you describe your driving habits, I won't want to be anywhere near you if you have a 2.6s, 200+MPH car... but anyway

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
4 Door Mustang Coming soon

Supposed to compete with the Audi A7 and Porsche Panamera.
Comes with turbo'd V8!

Looks more like a crossover rather a SUV.
Bullshit.

110% bullshit.

Nothing written above is the slightest bit believable.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Bullshit.

110% bullshit.

Nothing written above is the slightest bit believable.
Hard agree. Been calling BS since the beginning. This dude has no credentials, is a new member, and has conflicting stories about NDAs.

While I'm not opposed to a sedan version of a mustang, I don't believe anything other than the (previously titled) mach 1 crossover is in the works

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Hard agree. Been calling BS since the beginning. This dude has no credentials, is a new member, and has conflicting stories about NDAs.

While I'm not opposed to a sedan version of a mustang, I don't believe anything other than the (previously titled) mach 1 crossover is in the works
If there was a 4dr "Mustang" coming out, we wouldn't be hearing about it here. Nor would such a vehicle debut at a "dealer reveal". There would be months and months of spy photos, rumors, media events, etc. There are no secrets in the automotive world anymore, new vehicles are leaked sometimes years in advance.

OP is full of guano.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
How did this even make it to the front page of the Mustang6g website? What the heck?

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
I thought the next gen. Explorer was sharing an assembly line / "body" with the next gen. Mustang.

There have been many articles about it: https://www.thetorquereport.com/ford/2021-ford-mustang-to-share-its-platform-with-the-new-explorer/

So that means next generation mustang COULD be AWD.

Also means next generation Mustang could use the larger wheelbase of the Explorer and use 4-doors as a sedan.

I'm picturing Ford is going to use this as their Police Interceptor series frames:

1. Mustang 2-door RWD
2. Mustang 2-door AWD

3. Mustang based 4-door - AWD or RWD cheap "Panamera competitor"

4. Mustang based 4-door AWD - Police car
5. Explorer based 4-door AWD - Police SUV

6. Explorer RWD
7. Explorer AWD
Sponsored