Sponsored

3rd party warranty, tunes

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
If your factory warranty has run out but you purchased a third party warranty. Your car needs repairs to drivetrain that would be covered, but you have got an aftermarket tune which in some cases would void coverage.
You have taken your shop to a local garage for repairs and hopefully have warranty pay for repairs to drivetrain.

Would that shop know you had aftermarket tune? Does it show up when they run test ? Or is it just Ford dealers that would see it?
Sponsored

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I'd suspect you'd have better chances with a 3rd party warranty at an Indy shop. I doubt the Indy shop is going to care much as long as they get paid. And the odds of the warranty company sending someone out to independently verify, is a percentage I'd consider small.

All depends on what is being replaced, dollar amount, and what's out there open source, likely on the internet, that they can find about your car or your driving habits.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
If your factory warranty has run out but you purchased a third party warranty. Your car needs repairs to drivetrain that would be covered, but you have got an aftermarket tune which in some cases would void coverage.
You have taken your shop to a local garage for repairs and hopefully have warranty pay for repairs to drivetrain.

Would that shop know you had aftermarket tune? Does it show up when they run test ? Or is it just Ford dealers that would see it?
I would expect that would depend on what the shop has in the way of software.

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
A car that has 30k miles and only 2 key counts would be a sign the car has been flashed or tuned.

OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
A car that has 30k miles and only 2 key counts would be a sign the car has been flashed or tuned.
Would an independent garage's equipment pop up this information, or would they need to do a separate search analysis?
Also if you left the tune in, as in Ford tune, the key counts would still be high.

Sponsored

IrishStallion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt mustang
Would an independent garage's equipment pop up this information, or would they need to do a separate search analysis?
Also if you left the tune in, as in Ford tune, the key counts would still be high.
Nope. Right, the more key counts (at the dealer w/ Starscan) the better. These do not show td1 like the german stuff.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Not all warranty companies work with all car dealers or indie shops. You best find a shop first and talk to them.
Sponsored