3D printed oil funnels and oil filter guides temporarily halting production

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
Just wanted to publicly say thanks to Jon. Parts were received very quickly and are amazing quality feeling and looking. Kind personalization in the packaging, as well.

Top notch all around!

I'll see how it all goes in 900 more miles for a 1,000 mile oil change!
Sponsored

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Just wanted to publicly say thanks to Jon. Parts were received very quickly and are amazing quality feeling and looking. Kind personalization in the packaging, as well.

Top notch all around!

I'll see how it all goes in 900 more miles for a 1,000 mile oil change!
Thanks Jeff, I really appreciate that! Since I donā€™t do any advertising Iā€™m really thankful for you and the many that have spoken up in the past.

Goodluck on your first oil change, and donā€™t be afraid to watch the below video to really get a good sense for how to properly insert the oil filter guide. (Anyone whoā€™s had an issue with leaking didnā€™t have it inserted properly.) Let me know if you ever have questions!!

-Jon

4:26 roughly is where I discuss how to insert it properly.

ah64aviator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
4:26 roughly is where I discuss how to insert it properly.

What kind of site is this? I didn't know this was the kind of place to skip to 4:26 to see how to insert it properly! šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Why wouldn't a regular 5.0 oil funnel work on the M1? Is it the intake manifold that gets in the way?

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I have my 3D products from a while back and they are very useful. I am due for an oil change. Anyone know the current best deal on oil / filter for a DIY oil change ? I recently called my local dealership and they wanted $255 for an oil change on a 2020 CFTP.

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
I have my 3D products from a while back and they are very useful. I am due for an oil change. Anyone know the current best deal on oil / filter for a DIY oil change ? I recently called my local dealership and they wanted $255 for an oil change on a 2020 CFTP.
Thatā€™s not a terrible price. The parts are $150-$175 from rock auto depending on shipping. So ~$100 labor is about right if they check over standard stuff plus do the oil.

not bad to save $100 and DIY, but for me itā€™s more the peace of mind of knowing itā€™s done right and avoiding the inconvenience of waiting/getting a ride/drop off of taking it to the dealer

Sponsored
OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Thatā€™s not a terrible price. The parts are $150-$175 from rock auto depending on shipping. So ~$100 labor is about right if they check over standard stuff plus do the oil.

not bad to save $100 and DIY, but for me itā€™s more the peace of mind of knowing itā€™s done right and avoiding the inconvenience of waiting/getting a ride/drop off of taking it to the dealer
Letā€™s not forget the inevitable oil dripping on the garage floor for the next week, coming from the belly pan where the tech didnā€™t clean up after themselves. YMMV :)

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
Letā€™s not forget the inevitable oil dripping on the garage floor for the next week, coming from the belly pan where the tech didnā€™t clean up after themselves. YMMV :)
Yep. I feel like the only reason I might even take it to Ford for one is a) I have two dealers 5 minutes away that are both decent and b) I have all those Ford points from buying the car and could basically get a free oil change, I think.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Yes, I know I usually do all my own changes just with three kids. Itā€™s been hectic recently. Iā€™ll check out rock auto. I was looking at K-man parts earlier.

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
FWIW, with mild googling, I couldnā€™t find a case discount or code for RA, but RA was still the lowest I found and lower than Bezos World

ah64aviator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2008 Shelby GT500
I got a case of Motorcraft last week from Orielly online for 105 (using their 20% off code). Free shipping too.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.