Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
How much is the conversion? $450?
I think it is a bit more than that. Ford Performance used to sell a kit, but it says no longer available.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6881-52CA

If I'm looking at the correct part, just the physical filter adapter is > $600. Description seems a bit odd (including supercharger? - maybe refers to cross-over between GT350 and GT500?).

https://parts.autonationfordwhitebe...9MjAxOCZ0PXNoZWxieS1ndDM1MCZlPTUtMmwtdjgtZ2Fz

But the ford performance instructions also list some type of wiring pigtail required as well (see attached). Probably the wiring on the new adapter connection is slightly different pin outs than the original spin-on adapter. I haven't looked in detail.
Sponsored

Attachments

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
He is, and he offered to let me trade cars with him sometime this winter, it just hasnā€™t happened yet. Also, I need one of my printers to be down for an entire week so I can quickly get through iterations of the design, and both printers have been printing nonstop for over 2 months.

The final hurdle isā€¦. How many will I actually sell. As bad as it sounds, Iā€™d hate to spend $100 in wasted plastic and 20 hours of time if Iā€™m only selling 10-20 at $20/per profit (and thatā€™s If @Gearz and I able to come up with something good enough that people will actually want.) At least when I designed the one for the 17-20 GT350ā€™s, I had a feeling it would also fit the gt500 (which it does, and thatā€™s where 2/3 of my sales have gone.)
I would be willing to pay more for the one that fits the spin on due to less volume. Perhaps we can get some more people to chime in on this.

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
I would be willing to pay more for the one that fits the spin on due to less volume. Perhaps we can get some more people to chime in on this.
Yeah, whatever makes economic sense based on the volume you expect to be able to sell and the profit margin needed to cover your initial investment of materials, time, and IP. There is certainly an upper bound on what is tolerable :) Not sure what that is, though.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
I canā€™t find it, but I recall a TSB or something for 2017 GT-350ā€™s that have an oil leak from the oil filter housing area. They replaced the housing with the new style for free. A fellow club member showed it to me.
I inquired about this for my 2016 and it didnā€™t qualify.
So you 2017 owners might have an avenue to get this for free.

NDALLAS40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Funny, youā€™re the third person to ask in the last 24 hours. Unfortunately thereā€™s been zero movement on that front. I still need a test car to sit in my garage for a week so I can rapid prototype. I havenā€™t completely given up, but itā€™ll probably be a while.
Hey Jon, I just skimmed through your thread. I was impressed with the end result and your initiative. I would gladly leave you my car for a week, but like Neal, the distance between us is rather prohibitive. Just as a reminder for any owners still using the original filter (FL2069ST), you can still reduce spillage greatly by drilling 2 small holes in the bottom of the filter and allowing it to drain before removing. With proper placement of some paper towels and cardboard, I've totally eliminated the mess aspect of the oil filter change.

Sponsored

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
This thread was a great find! I love any tool that makes my life easier! Put me in for a v2 set!

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Hey Jon, I just skimmed through your thread. I was impressed with the end result and your initiative. I would gladly leave you my car for a week, but like Neal, the distance between us is rather prohibitive. Just as a reminder for any owners still using the original filter (FL2069ST), you can still reduce spillage greatly by drilling 2 small holes in the bottom of the filter and allowing it to drain before removing. With proper placement of some paper towels and cardboard, I've totally eliminated the mess aspect of the oil filter change.
Thanks. I appreciate the thought!

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Got the package a short time ago & I used the funnel for the first time..... WOW...!!!!
The funnel is priceless.............. this thing is a stoke of genius! Fits incredibly.

The cap for the funnel fell off after about 150 miles of driving... I started smelling oil burning off my exhaust... opened the hood and discovered the funnel cap fell off... probably due to vibration.
My lawyer initially said I probably have a good case of "Failure to Warn" since there were no instructions on how to properly use. The lawyer hired some sort of expert who assessed the situation and his report indicated that the bulge in the hood after I closed the hood with the funnel attached should have been noticed by me. The attorney said I don't have a case based on the expert report.

AUTHENTICITY/BULLSHIT DISCLAIMER
The 1st paragraph is authentic, the second.... well, not so much!

Great work Mr. Gore...!!!!

Last edited:

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Maybe start a thread in the General Forums asking for those who would be interested with a GT?

There are far more GT owners so maybe the demand volume would surprise you.

Last edited:
OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Got the package a short time ago & I used the funnel for the first time..... WOW...!!!!
The funnel is priceless.............. this thing is a stoke of genius! Fits incredibly.

The cap for the funnel fell off after about 150 miles of driving... I started smelling oil burning off my exhaust... opened the hood and discovered the funnel cap fell off... probably due to vibration.
My lawyer initially said I probably have a good case of "Failure to Warn" since there were no instructions on how to properly use. The lawyer hired some sort of expert who assessed the situation and his report indicated that the bulge in the hood after I closed the hood with the funnel attached should have been noticed by me. The attorney said I don't have a case based on the expert report.

AUTHENTICITY/BULLSHIT DISCLAIMER
The 1st paragraph is authentic, the second.... well, not so much!

Great work Mr. Gore...!!!!
Iā€™d sue the bastard!!!!

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Maybe start a thread in the General Forums asking for those who would be interested with a GT?

There are far more GT owners so maybe the demand volume would surprise you.
I should be completely through the Black Friday queue by tomorrow afternoon, after that Iā€™ll reach out to the GT/Mach 1 crew. @Gearz and I have a Mach 1 and GT solution ready to go for the funnelsā€¦. I just need the printers to free up :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.