Sponsored

3D Printed Manifold of the all new 3.8L Gen 5 Whipple for the 2020 GT500!

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Here's a 3D printed manifold fresh off the press of the new 3.8L Gen 5 Whipple Supercharger kit for the 2020 Shelby GT500. This kit is going to be insane once it's finished. We'll have more pics of the kit shortly. Stay tuned and if you have any questions in the meantime please let us know.

Thanks!

118468974_3518072494890757_726128324493800524_o-XL.jpg
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
In the meantime, more pics of the 3D printed manifold please! And is that an epoxied piece made up of 2 or 3 printed pieces?

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
New to the late gen SC engine scene. So have some questions. For the guy that wants to maximize the stock bottom end wants to retain reliability and not going crazy, is this something i should consider. For example, CAI, headers, no cats, injectors, pulley, e85 tune, bigger intercooler brick are on my list. Then plan on porting the stock SC and getting larger TB.....hoping to land around the 1000 RWHP range on e85 while still having good daily driving characteristic and call it a day. What is the whipple going to get me over a ported stock one. I know the whipple has more potential but if my end goal is 1000 RWHP is it money well spent? or overkill?

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the meantime, more pics of the 3D printed manifold please! And is that an epoxied piece made up of 2 or 3 printed pieces?
That's all one piece. :handsinair:

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New to the late gen SC engine scene. So have some questions. For the guy that wants to maximize the stock bottom end wants to retain reliability and not going crazy, is this something i should consider. For example, CAI, headers, no cats, injectors, pulley, e85 tune, bigger intercooler brick are on my list. Then plan on porting the stock SC and getting larger TB.....hoping to land around the 1000 RWHP range on e85 while still having good daily driving characteristic and call it a day. What is the whipple going to get me over a ported stock one. I know the whipple has more potential but if my end goal is 1000 RWHP is it money well spent? or overkill?
If your only goal is 1000rwhp then we've seen it can definitely be done with a ported stock blower and supporting mods. With that said I'm sure the Whipple will make the power a lot more efficient than the stock blower as it's going to take less boost to make that HP level and it will do it with cooler temps.

Tough to say at this point whether it's overkill or not until we see some testing done on a car and what it does. Whipple however never falls short in the performance department hence why it's always offered as an upgrade over stock OEM superchargers on most FI production vehicles.

Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If your only goal is 1000rwhp then we've seen it can definitely be done with a ported stock blower and supporting mods. With that said I'm sure the Whipple will make the power a lot more efficient than the stock blower as it's going to take less boost to make that HP level and it will do it with cooler temps.

Tough to say at this point whether it's overkill or not until we see some testing done on a car and what it does. Whipple however never falls short in the performance department hence why it's always offered as an upgrade over stock OEM superchargers on most FI production vehicles.
Exactly what i was thinking. With intercooler brick and porting you around $2500 so that is $2500 i could put towards the whipple.........decisions

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly what i was thinking. With intercooler brick and porting you around $2500 so that is $2500 i could put towards the whipple.........decisions
I can tell you with first hand experience Whipple is simply amazing. You will spend more money buying a Whipple kit, compared to the plan you have, but I believe it will be money well spent. As Lethal stated, it will be same or more power with less boost, less stress, better cooling, better efficiency, come with an amazing tune, and be 50 state legal. Just sayin.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jaime: I remember when I thought there was no limit to upping HP but after getting the '14 and then this one, unless you're going to the strip regularly, I can't get my head around needing more.

Then again, I'm a good ways from seventeen. <grin>

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Jaime: I remember when I thought there was no limit to upping HP but after getting the '14 and then this one, unless you're going to the strip regularly, I can't get my head around needing more.

Then again, I'm a good ways from seventeen. <grin>
After having my hopped-up '07 and never being able to really use that power on public roads, I keep questioning my want/need of getting into another GT500, modded or not.

Yet here I am....

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah i will likely pass on it , if not for the reason of , "Oh , you have a whipple no wonder" The appeal of a nearly stock looking engine setup that puts out 1000 rwhp is also something I like. No argument that the whipple is/will be better in every aspect as so it should be.
Sponsored