D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
Procharged D1SC Stage 2, GT350 intake and 3.73 gears.. 8K redline, 50 out of 1st, 75 second, 105 in 3rd. No need to change gears, I kept the acceleration and gained over all range. Currently in 315/35zr20, but considering a 28.1 tall tire now.
Sponsored

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
Best thing you can do is drive the car with the 373's and make your own decision. I will probably go 331's at some point, but the 373's aren't bad at all. People blow it out of proportion, like the 373's are just awful with a SC. That's not the case. Traction is rough in 1st and 2nd. I am sure it's a little rougher than 331's. But it's not what everyone makes it out to be. Like anything else, you learn how to work with it. If you want to change over, change over. But don't change over before you even drive it and establish your own opinion. Just my $.02

OP
OP

MK5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic
3.15 auto.

Damn...sweet! :headbang: :eyebulge:

Best thing you can do is drive the car with the 373's and make your own decision. I will probably go 331's at some point, but the 373's aren't bad at all. People blow it out of proportion, like the 373's are just awful with a SC. That's not the case. Traction is rough in 1st and 2nd. I am sure it's a little rougher than 331's. But it's not what everyone makes it out to be. Like anything else, you learn how to work with it. If you want to change over, change over. But don't change over before you even drive it and establish your own opinion. Just my $.02
Thanks! I originally was assuming that the 3.73's were a bad choice for sc. But as you said, everyone has their own opinion...and in this case everyones input has been great and very helpful. Now I gotta put my shopping list together for a Whipple. I have a 2016 GT base now and will be trading her in for a new 2017 GT premium with PP and all the goodies. It's on order with status sub to plant. Now's the time to complete my research...can't friggin wait!

Wow...I just looked up the NT05's a few have noted on here...those are some sick tires!!

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Damn...sweet! :headbang: :eyebulge:

Thanks! I originally was assuming that the 3.73's were a bad choice for sc. But as you said, everyone has their own opinion...and in this case everyones input has been great and very helpful. Now I gotta put my shopping list together for a Whipple. I have a 2016 GT base now and will be trading her in for a new 2017 GT premium with PP and all the goodies. It's on order with status sub to plant. Now's the time to complete my research...can't friggin wait!

Wow...I just looked up the NT05's a few have noted on here...those are some sick tires!!
Much like you, I knew I was going FI before I even ordered my car. I wen't with the PP because I wanted the Brembo's and the black wheels. Had there been an option to do that, but also go with 331's or 355's, I would have done that. But I wasn't going to pass on things that I wanted, just to avoid the 373's. I think you will find them to be just fine. If you are a track guy, then you will want to change over sooner than later. Myself, I don't track mine. And for a DD, I have absolutely zero issues with the 373's. First gear is very short, but I don't mind cause I rarely bother with first unless I am at a 100%complete stop (which is rare as I generally roll very slowly through stop signs), or pulling away going up hill.

OP
OP

MK5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium PP Magnetic
Much like you, I knew I was going FI before I even ordered my car. I wen't with the PP because I wanted the Brembo's and the black wheels. Had there been an option to do that, but also go with 331's or 355's, I would have done that. But I wasn't going to pass on things that I wanted, just to avoid the 373's. I think you will find them to be just fine. If you are a track guy, then you will want to change over sooner than later. Myself, I don't track mine. And for a DD, I have absolutely zero issues with the 373's. First gear is very short, but I don't mind cause I rarely bother with first unless I am at a 100%complete stop (which is rare as I generally roll very slowly through stop signs), or pulling away going up hill.
Are you running with the stock rims and tires? If not, what are you using to keep the grip with the 373 and sc?

What whipple sc did you go with...stage 1 or 2 or custom?

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
First gear is very short, but I don't mind cause I rarely bother with first unless I am at a 100%complete stop (which is rare as I generally roll very slowly through stop signs), or pulling away going up hill.
You rarely come to a complete stop? How do you avoid stop lights on your daily commute?

Regardless, I will often start in 2nd even from a complete stop. Is not problem at all. With a whipple it would be even less of a problem.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Are you running with the stock rims and tires? If not, what are you using to keep the grip with the 373 and sc?

What whipple sc did you go with...stage 1 or 2 or custom?
Yes, stock rims and stock tires. When I bought mine there wasn't a stage 1 and 2 available per say. But I have everything that would consist of the current stage 2.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
You rarely come to a complete stop? How do you avoid stop lights on your daily commute?

Regardless, I will often start in 2nd even from a complete stop. Is not problem at all. With a whipple it would be even less of a problem.
I don't have much of a "daily commute" since I work from home. But my typical routes have me very rarely running into actual traffic lights. Most of my commute is stop signs. Not saying I never have to fully stop.. just saying it's pretty rare.

Farrdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO/PP
^^^^^^
This....If I went to the track..A LOT...I would definitely drop down to 3:31's.
But as a street car with NT05R's it's a blast to drive...and when playing with the big boys on the street..they have to catch up.:D
Thats why I always run the vettes 20 to 120. They dont stand a chance....

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
Whipple and 3.73s here and I love it. Car will see the strip every now and again but it's mainly a street car so I'm probably going to keep the 3.73s.
Sponsored