Sponsored

37,000 mile report and a few other updates

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Just wanted to let the forum know that my GT350 has been going strong after 37,000 miles. I have just completed a 2,400 mile road trip in the middle of December crossing 7 states back and forth which gave me a lot of confidence about the capabilities of this car. It's worth noting I have done this 2,400 mile trip, twice now, both times with my wife and daughter joining me. This time road conditions were quite harsh, lots of icy roads, rain pouring in PA mountains sometimes more than half an inch. I just love this car so much. I have owned it for 25 months now of which the last 14 months it has been my only car and daily driver. I have had some issues with the car, all covered under warranty, and all fixed to my satisfaction. I was skeptical at first, but the extent of the repairs were quite a lot nevertheless, Ford came through. Please see below for the list of repairs as well as maintenance logs. Feel free to ask any questions, I'll happily answer.

The biggest issue I have with this car is that I don't drive it enough. I wish there were more than 24 hours in a day:)

Mod Log:

- Car has had Xpel Ultimate on 60% of the surfaces (full front, doors, rocker panels, partial roof, partial rear quarter, partial rear bumper) since 400 miles. Best money I spent, all that driving including those road trips, not a scratch on my paint. It also saved me from a door ding once taking all the damage leaving paint undamaged.
- MGW shifter added at 4000 miles.
- Jack rails and cross brace added at 6000 miles.
- Ford performance exhaust added at 8000 miles.
- Signature wheels added at 14,000 miles.

Maintenance Log:

- Oil changed every 3500-4000 miles consistently except first change done at 1000 miles. Every oil change I sent an oil sample to blackstone labs. Every oil report has had absolutely perfect numbers across the board.
- Washable filter added at 10,000 miles and since then has been washed every oil change
- Cabin filter at 20,000 miles
- Fuel filter at 30,000 miles
- Winter tires Michelin Alpine PA4 285 square added at 15,000 miles.
- Michelin PSS Summer tires corded and replaced at 26,000 miles with 305 square setup
- Windshield wipers replaced at 35,000 miles

Repair Log:

- At 8,000 miles A/C had to be replaced. I had green stuff all over my garage floor. It took 2-3 days for them to replace the entire A/C unit and hoses. No issues since then.
- At 34,000 miles front radiator has been replaced due to a slow leak. Also rear differential pinion seal and half shaft seals have been replaced. Hand brake re-adjusted (it required to be pulled way too high). Driver seat bottom and rails replaced (they were getting loose). Driver's side front fog light bulb replaced (outer).

Now as for the last bit of the news. GT350 is about to have a little brother join him in a few days. I'll be picking up a 2019 ZR1. I will post here with pictures/impressions as soon as I have it.

Cheers

IMG_0493.jpg
IMG_0830.jpg
Sponsored

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Congrats on the new ZR1. I have seen the new orange ones at both track events I was at in November and December.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Pics of that car do NOT do it justice. Gorgeous in person. Congrats.

1814GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 1971 GMC - 1988 GT - 1989 GT Pro Street - 1991 Vert - 1986 Coupe - 1987 Saleen 47
Nice write up. Good to see a GT350 being used. I have heard about the AC and differential issues (seems fairly common). Nothing major it seems like. Thanks for sharing !!!

brute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brute
Just wanted to let the forum know that my GT350 has been going strong after 37,000 miles. I have just completed a 2,400 mile road trip in the middle of December crossing 7 states back and forth which gave me a lot of confidence about the capabilities of this car. It's worth noting I have done this 2,400 mile trip, twice now, both times with my wife and daughter joining me. This time road conditions were quite harsh, lots of icy roads, rain pouring in PA mountains sometimes more than half an inch. I just love this car so much. I have owned it for 25 months now of which the last 14 months it has been my only car and daily driver. I have had some issues with the car, all covered under warranty, and all fixed to my satisfaction. I was skeptical at first, but the extent of the repairs were quite a lot nevertheless, Ford came through. Please see below for the list of repairs as well as maintenance logs. Feel free to ask any questions, I'll happily answer.

The biggest issue I have with this car is that I don't drive it enough. I wish there were more than 24 hours in a day:)

Mod Log:

- Car has had Xpel Ultimate on 60% of the surfaces (full front, doors, rocker panels, partial roof, partial rear quarter, partial rear bumper) since 400 miles. Best money I spent, all that driving including those road trips, not a scratch on my paint. It also saved me from a door ding once taking all the damage leaving paint undamaged.
- MGW shifter added at 4000 miles.
- Jack rails and cross brace added at 6000 miles.
- Ford performance exhaust added at 8000 miles.
- Signature wheels added at 14,000 miles.

Maintenance Log:

- Oil changed every 3500-4000 miles consistently except first change done at 1000 miles. Every oil change I sent an oil sample to blackstone labs. Every oil report has had absolutely perfect numbers across the board.
- Washable filter added at 10,000 miles and since then has been washed every oil change
- Cabin filter at 20,000 miles
- Fuel filter at 30,000 miles
- Winter tires Michelin Alpine PA4 285 square added at 15,000 miles.
- Michelin PSS Summer tires corded and replaced at 26,000 miles with 305 square setup
- Windshield wipers replaced at 35,000 miles

Repair Log:

- At 8,000 miles A/C had to be replaced. I had green stuff all over my garage floor. It took 2-3 days for them to replace the entire A/C unit and hoses. No issues since then.
- At 34,000 miles front radiator has been replaced due to a slow leak. Also rear differential pinion seal and half shaft seals have been replaced. Hand brake re-adjusted (it required to be pulled way too high). Driver seat bottom and rails replaced (they were getting loose). Driver's side front fog light bulb replaced (outer).

Now as for the last bit of the news. GT350 is about to have a little brother join him in a few days. I'll be picking up a 2019 ZR1. I will post here with pictures/impressions as soon as I have it.

Cheers

IMG_0493.jpg
IMG_0830.jpg
Hello OP, glad to know you are having a great time with your car. I was hoping you could give me some info about the Ford Performance Exhaust.

How was the Ford performance exhaust(FPE) during your long trip? in general? Would you say they are touring friendly?
1. Is FPE louder than a 350 with resonators removed?
2. Is the FPE in normal/non sport/touring mode as quiet as the stock GT350 exhaust in normal mode?

On a separate note, if anyone has any inputs on the exhaust sound(drone/noise) while touring(long distance driving) with a GT350R or a GT350 resonators removed, that will be useful. I understand a GT350R is not exactly a touring car, but that's what the electronically controlled exhaust should take care of.
Sponsored