Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R (HR815) + 23' Rivian R1S
Vehicle Showcase
Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone out there was also hypothetically considering the Roush stage 3 as an alternative to either of the two GT350's?

I realize it's still very early but inquiring minds want to know and I'm interested in hearing different points of view and opinions.

Also, I too hope Ford offers some better options or packaging of options with the GT350's. I want the tech + track packs but I also want to keep the suede (basic) Recaro's!

Thanks,

Mike
Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I will bet you that the Roush Stage 3 will be 10K more than a 350GT, I for one can not see how they can sell one car witht he GT350 looming overhead, unless Ford just does not produce enough GT350/R, soon enough...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I'm not, but it's an interesting question. How much is a Roush Stage 3? I don't see an MSRP on their website. What warranty does Roush offer?

I would be more interested in just the power and suspension upgrades without all the bling. Do you know how much that is?

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
At this point... if Roush isn't offering something absolutely jaw dropping as far as performance for the money Vs What a GT350 will. Then they won't be selling very many Roush's. My guess is if they take a more form following function approach and stick to performance accessories that actually work instead of pretend side scoops and hood scoops attached with 3M tape. Again taking the cues from the GT350... they are at this point not in the same league of performance and value. That's of course if the supposed rumors of a 53K-ish MSRP is true.

If Roush doesn't step it up they might have to shut their doors to the consumer market and just focus on racing only in the near future.

Sponsored

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
I actually think this is the perfect opportunity for Roush and Saleen. Think about it, the GT350 is going to be a more track focused car with a little upwards of 500HP. The Roush is going to be supercharged with 600HP and have other packages to boost power further.

Roush has always made a great a Mustang, if not a little conservative with their tunes. It'll cater to those wanting a bit more power and don't want a track focused car.

Then there's the price, Roush's do come out a bit expensive but remember, the base car is a regular GT. That means you can get any discount that's available for the GT. With the S197 Stage 3's if you were smart with the options you could go home with one for a pretty reasonable price. Oh, and the scoops are optional. If you don't want them, don't select them. It's kind of a pointless thing to complain about.

That said, I would pick the GT350 any day over the Roush. I like the Roush a lot, but the GT350 is just about everything I've ever wanted in Mustang, plus a flat plane crank!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I've always thought of the Roush Stage 3 as an interesting alternative to the GT500.......a number of bolt-ons resulting in big power. The RS3 also has an advantage in being available as an automatic.

:cheers:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I actually think this is the perfect opportunity for Roush and Saleen. Think about it, the GT350 is going to be a more track focused car with a little upwards of 500HP. The Roush is going to be supercharged with 600HP and have other packages to boost power further.
And ... don't forget about Steeda. We will put our touches on this beauty! With our passion for racing & suspensions ... the sky is the limit with this vehicle.

www.steedavehicles.com

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
BadKarma!

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Also the Roush won't hold their value like the GT350 will

Great point. I hadn't considered that prior. My hope is to own and drive the car for 8 to 10 years as my "good weather" toy.

Thanks for the response.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BadKarma!

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not, but it's an interesting question. How much is a Roush Stage 3? I don't see an MSRP on their website. What warranty does Roush offer?

I would be more interested in just the power and suspension upgrades without all the bling. Do you know how much that is?
The rumor is the RS3 will be ball park $70k. That said it will come with a newly redesigned supercharger bringing the car up to 675hp. This new blower is now readily available for order on their site. Roush is also offering a programable suspension system as well as their new "Activ8" exhaust system which can also be tweaked within the car via a knob of sorts and wirelessly via an Apple iOS device. It's my understanding that the software will be further developed to interface with the cars GPS so the driver can program the active exhaust based on all sorts of variables. For example, it can be disabled within a radius of your home and in between certain times of day/night so not to wake the neighbors. VERY cool tech, but not enough for me to justify the added costs (yet).

I am keeping a close eye on further communications from Roush waiting patiently for their official pricing. From what I have been told, it should be out in the next 60 to 90 days.

OP
OP
BadKarma!

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I will bet you that the Roush Stage 3 will be 10K more than a 350GT, I for one can not see how they can sell one car witht he GT350 looming overhead, unless Ford just does not produce enough GT350/R, soon enough...
This is also an interesting point. As many of us already know, Roush has a very close relationship with Ford and they are aligned with the SVT. It's also my understanding that Roush does a fair amount of engineering work for Ford and the SVT because they are such a trusted partner.

I really hope that Roush leadership (I'm not sure it's Jack anymore) has vision and sees their great business opportunity they have in front of them.

If the latest RS3 "shake out / track" video is a window into their business plan, then I am sad to say they are setting themselves up to miss the boat.

OP
OP
BadKarma!

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree. They have an opportunity, to really grow their sales. I think Roush has a lot of credibility that they can capitalize on here. Ford is paving the way to make the Mustang a global contender. Now it's up to Roush, Steeda, etc. to produce their unique tuned versions of this great platform. That said, the cars need to do more than go really fast in a straight line or drift around corners. Don't get me wrong, drifting is a required and cool skill but it's not going to make me buy an expensive car. Also show me how the car handles the curves at speed without drifting....

At this point... if Roush isn't offering something absolutely jaw dropping as far as performance for the money Vs What a GT350 will. Then they won't be selling very many Roush's. My guess is if they take a more form following function approach and stick to performance accessories that actually work instead of pretend side scoops and hood scoops attached with 3M tape. Again taking the cues from the GT350... they are at this point not in the same league of performance and value. That's of course if the supposed rumors of a 53K-ish MSRP is true.

If Roush doesn't step it up they might have to shut their doors to the consumer market and just focus on racing only in the near future.

OP
OP
BadKarma!

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. I am looking forward to what the team at Steeda has to offer!

And ... don't forget about Steeda. We will put our touches on this beauty! With our passion for racing & suspensions ... the sky is the limit with this vehicle.

www.steedavehicles.com

Best Regards,

TJ

OP
OP
BadKarma!

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with you. I think these are exciting times for Mustang fans as well as overall car enthusiasts. The S550 platform is one hell of a canvas for these pro tuners to work their magic. With the Chevy and Dodge cars upping their games too I think we are setting ourselves up for one hell of an American sports car revolution.

As it sits now with what we know and what is rumored I too think the GT350 is going to hit the sweet spot when it comes to bang for the buck. Not to mention it's drop dead gorgeous and mean as hell all at the same time.

Time will tell.

Roush has always made a great a Mustang, if not a little conservative with their tunes. It'll cater to those wanting a bit more power and don't want a track focused car.

Then there's the price, Roush's do come out a bit expensive but remember, the base car is a regular GT. That means you can get any discount that's available for the GT. With the S197 Stage 3's if you were smart with the options you could go home with one for a pretty reasonable price. Oh, and the scoops are optional. If you don't want them, don't select them. It's kind of a pointless thing to complain about.

That said, I would pick the GT350 any day over the Roush. I like the Roush a lot, but the GT350 is just about everything I've ever wanted in Mustang, plus a flat plane crank!
Sponsored