Sponsored

3 In The Wrapper GT350R's For Sale On Monday - No Reserve!!!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
For any of you R Model enthusiasts that want to bid on some virtually brand new and still in the wrapper GT350R models there are 3 of these very cool vehicles crossing the Mecum Auction block on Monday, June 29th with the auction starting at 1:00 PM on Monday afternoon in Jefferson, N.C.

Based on the pictures that Mecum has provided each of these R models look as though the polyurethane shipping blocks are still intact on each of these vehicles along with the front chin spoilers still sitting in the passengers front seat which is just the way that these cars left the Mod Shop at the FRAP when they were first produced.

All of the Window Stickers and appropriate labels/stickers still seem to be in place along with the plastic wrap that covers much of the interior.

Each of these R models are virtually brand new R models and are being sold at "No Reserve" therefore it will be exciting to see where the bidding ends up on each of these terrific cars.

Lot # V12 - 2018 R Model - Kona Blue & White OTT stripes - 7 miles

Lot # V21 - 2017 R Model - Shadow Black & Black OTT stripes - 15 miles

Lot #V62 - 2018 R Model - Oxford White & Blue OTT stripes - 7 miles

I could only determine the VIN for the last R model but based on it's VIN I suggest that this vehicle may have a very early chassis number?

Hope that possibly one of our members might pull the trigger on one of these R's!

:like::like:
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
So, what is the story behind the three GT350 R Mustangs ? Did someone order them and not pay for them ?

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
So, what is the story behind the three GT350 R Mustangs ? Did someone order them and not pay for them ?
They are part of the Eddie Vannoy collection. If you go th the Mecum web site you can view his collection.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
I can’t see them even bringing close to msrp but I hope I am wrong. IMO the wrong time to sell a wrapper R since you can still buy them new. The 19 and up Rs have much nicer interior finishes as well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

These 3 R models which have a total of less than 30 miles between all 3 of them are part of the Eddie Vannoy Car Collection with Eddie selling of ~80 of his prized cars but will keep ~6 cars from his collection for continued personal use.

Over the last few days he is also selling off all of his auto memorabilia as well and has some outstanding pieces.

Eddie is a construction magnate from N.C. and it is my understanding that him and his company built more Lowe's stores in America than any other construction company.

Over the last 50 years or so he has amassed a terrific car collection with these 3 R models being sold at the Mecum Auction as part of his collection on Monday afternoon and believe the auction is being held at his own location in Jefferson, N.C.

If you want to get a better idea for all of what Eddie has/is selling (car and automotive memorabilia) I suggest that you head over to the Mecum Auction site and look up the Eddie Vannoy collection as it is very impressive to say the least!

I wished I was there especially to see all of his cool cars going across the block tomorrow and I believe all at "No Reserve" !

:clap::clap:

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I can’t see them even bringing close to msrp but I hope I am wrong. IMO the wrong time to sell a wrapper R since you can still buy them new. The 19 and up Rs have much nicer interior finishes as well.
Maybe I am just out of touch with today's market place but are there a great number of brand new 2019 and 2020 R models that are presently for sale?

Secondly, if you are suggesting that these R models will not even come close to MSRP pricing at this auction what numbers are you suggesting that they will go for?

:)

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I am just out of touch with today's market place but are there a great number of brand new 2019 and 2020 R models that are presently for sale?

Secondly, if you are suggesting that these R models will not even come close to MSRP pricing at this auction what numbers are you suggesting that they will go for?

:)
There are enough for sale both new and with under 500 miles yes. These 3 being owned by someone who is a builder doesn’t increase their value IMO. They aren’t even rare color combos

As an owner of both and 18 and 19R I hope they bring $100,000. I was offered $54k for my 1 of 30 Orange Fury R by a dealer and it has 150 miles. I feel it’s worth $65k.

I hope I am wrong because it would be good for all of us R owners

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I am guessing all of them have had the time ticking on the warranties? The 17 likely no longer has any bumper to bumper left. I can’t imagine paying close to MSRP on a used car with little to no bumper to bumper warranty left.

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I am guessing all of them have had the time ticking on the warranties? The 17 likely no longer has any bumper to bumper left. I can’t imagine paying close to MSRP on a used car with little to no bumper to bumper warranty left.
Just curious as to how you determined that the 2017 R likely has no bumper to bumper time left?

Not saying that it does but with a 3 year coverage do you know when this car went into service?

:wink:

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
There are enough for sale both new and with under 500 miles yes. These 3 being owned by someone who is a builder doesn’t increase their value IMO. They aren’t even rare color combos

As an owner of both and 18 and 19R I hope they bring $100,000. I was offered $54k for my 1 of 30 Orange Fury R by a dealer and it has 150 miles. I feel it’s worth $65k.

I hope I am wrong because it would be good for all of us R owners
I have not suggested at anytime where the values of these cars should or might be and certainly did not suggest their values increase just because Eddie was a builder but merely providing some background information to a poster of where these cars came from.

Like you I have owned multiple R models and have another on the way but that has nothing to do with where the pricing of these cars will go?

When you suggested earlier that these cars will not bring prices anywhere close to MSRP I responded by just asking a simple question to another fellow R owner such as yourself as to how much below MSRP do you think that they will go for based on your post?

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not suggested at anytime where the values of these cars should or might be and certainly did not suggest their values increase just because Eddie was a builder but merely providing some background information to a poster of where these cars came from.

Like you I have owned multiple R models and have another on the way but that has nothing to do with where the pricing of these cars will go?

When you suggested earlier that these cars will not bring prices anywhere close to MSRP I responded by just asking a simple question to another fellow R owner such as yourself as to how much below MSRP do you think that they will go for based on your post?
it is a no reserve auction setting so anything can happen. $65,000 maybe?

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
it is a no reserve auction setting so anything can happen. $65,000 maybe?
Appreciate your response and opinion and looks as though that you are suggesting that whoever purchases any of these R's that will end up paying pretty much what you think that your 2018 Orange Fury R is presently worth or ~$4,000 below MSRP.

With respect to rare color combinations possibly having an effect on the price of R models or any HP vehicle for that matter I would agree with your comments and would also suggest that a very early chassis number for any R model may help drive up the price slightly as well.

Having said that I do not know the chassis numbers for any of these cars but do know that the 2018 Kona Blue w/ White OTT stripes R model in question is in fact a fairly rare color/stripe combination as it is just 1 of 29 cars assembled at the FRAP in that configuration.

Of the 3 R's in question and if I was going to bid on one of these R's tomorrow I personally would be going after the Kona Blue car not only based on it's rare color combination but mostly on how good this car looks as to the way that it is configured.

If this Kona Blue R had a very early chassis number that would then just be a big bonus!

:like::like:

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Only 44 Kona Blue R's manufactured in 2018 ........... ;-)

OP
OP
PP0001

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Only 44 Kona Blue R's manufactured in 2018 ........... ;-)
Yes, and as you probably already know you have 1 of 11 cars with Black OTT stripes and 1 of only 6 cars coming with a Black Painted roof.

Based on that combination it could be possibly be a 1 of 2 or even a 1 of 1 color/stripe combination therefore very nice.

BTW, the FRAP only built 2 Base R models in Kona Blue which just happens to be the rarest color combination for all of the 135 Base R's built over the 2015 to 2018 MY's.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Sponsored