Sponsored

3.7 Forced induction

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
How does the location of the turbos change with these manifolds? I guess you are going custom because of the flow restrictions of the F150 ones, right?
He's got a whole custom monster build coming, glad to finally see the parts rolling in on it though!
Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
How does the location of the turbos change with these manifolds? I guess you are going custom because of the flow restrictions of the F150 ones, right?
The flanges haven't been welded on to these manis yet. This is a custom top mount twin turbo kit using TD06 20G MHI turbos with billet wheels. Not doing ecoboost turbos.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
It is finally coming together...
received_890264914815272.jpeg
Looks sick!

Couple of things I think are worth mentioning, I had a manifold leak for a long time and I finally got around to fixing it well it turned out that the super six adapter on the passenger side was not sitting flush due to a bolt on the head. It was hard to see because of how the gasket's heat shield is. had to grind a relief around the bolt.

I also figured out that the battery box compartment divider thing is just bolted in and is easily removable. This makes accessing the passenger side 1000 times easier. I've read many forum posts about installing manifolds and no one ever suggested this. It is definitely worth taking it out.

20200507_153534.jpg
20200507_160323.jpg
20200507_112728.jpg
20200507_112755.jpg

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I take it your just using a good washer fluid with 40-60 or 30-70 mix.
Yea, the 30-70 is what they sell at all the gas stations around here for like $1.50/gallon. I made up a mix with Heet and tried it. For what I'm doing it's overkill, but always an option .I also switched in a #1 nozzle, it was just way too much with the #3. Now as soon as I hit 3psi my IATs start falling fast.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Bolt and bracket for water tube? I changed the way mine mounted.
Would have been nice if it was in the instructions. They tell you to grind the lip off the back of the head, but completely fail to mention that bracket. It's not easy to see I had to stick my phone down there and snap those pictures just to tell what was going on. It didn't start leaking on me until 6 months or so after the install.

Sponsored

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6 MT 2019 F150 STX Ecoboost 2.7
Sorry to resurrect this from the dead, What size turbos are you guys running and what type of RWHP with them?

cobo10201

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Coby
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang V6
Sorry to resurrect this from the dead, What size turbos are you guys running and what type of RWHP with them?
Hey! So a lot of us are running the turbos from the F-150 3.5L EcoBoost due to the ease of install since the engine blocks are so similar. The Garrett part number for the F-150 turbos is GT1549L. There’s not a lot of info online about specifics for the turbo, but stock on the F-150 it spools to 11 psi and makes ~450 hp and ~540 lb.ft torque. Most of us get similar results on a 93 octane tune At 8-10 psi with maybe not quite as much torque.

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I was hoping for more like over 500 rwhp. Was wondering what actual parts the turbos are, or what would they be similar to in an aftermarket part..... Been looking for turbine sizes and ar ratios for the stock units but not finding anything.

cobo10201

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Coby
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang V6
I was hoping for more like over 500 rwhp. Was wondering what actual parts the turbos are, or what would they be similar to in an aftermarket part..... Been looking for turbine sizes and ar ratios for the stock units but not finding anything.
If you’re willing to do E85 you can run 14 psi and I’ve seen people get 500+ with that setup. As Southerncyclone said, there are more expensive setups that could get you 500+ easy.

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
I would but E85 is not offered in a lot of places around here.

Sponsored

cobo10201

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Coby
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang V6
Has anybody had issues with MPT tune causing them to fail emissions? I have failed emissions in Texas three times in the last week now because the PCM monitors are saying not ready for my catalytic converter oxygen sensor and heated oxygen sensor. I spoke with MPT and they told me that none of these monitors are turned off in any of their tunes and that all of their tunes should be emissions-compliant in all 50 states. My original thought was that I had the battery disconnected for about eight hours to fix an exhaust leak on the passenger side so that caused the PCM monitors to reset. I’ve driven over 200 miles in the past week so that should be long enough for a recalibration. The only other thing that I can think could be causing this issue is that my battery is getting old causing the PCM to not retain the monitor status. I don’t have any other battery related issues though like difficulty starting.

Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Has anybody had issues with MPT tune causing them to fail emissions? I have failed emissions in Texas three times in the last week now because the PCM monitors are saying not ready for my catalytic converter oxygen sensor and heated oxygen sensor. I spoke with MPT and they told me that none of these monitors are turned off in any of their tunes and that all of their tunes should be emissions-compliant in all 50 states. My original thought was that I had the battery disconnected for about eight hours to fix an exhaust leak on the passenger side so that caused the PCM monitors to reset. I’ve driven over 200 miles in the past week so that should be long enough for a recalibration. The only other thing that I can think could be causing this issue is that my battery is getting old causing the PCM to not retain the monitor status. I don’t have any other battery related issues though like difficulty starting.
The number of miles isn't as important as the number of cycles. If you Google around you can find the exact amount needed. It's like so many cold starts, so many miles below 40mph, so many above, so many minutes at idle... it's a pain in the ass.

15ThreePoint7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Reviving it again. I have decided to go with upgraded turbos (58mm twins) 1000cc injectors, 450lph pump FMIC. Incorporated and going to sell kits once we get it all figured out. Estimated MSRP of $4500.

Follow me on the IG wtcyclone for more frequent info

20220129_133250.jpg
Sponsored