Sponsored

2nd gen coyote catch can / open atmosphere tank

RaGwEeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2015 Rubicon, 2017 Titan, 2015 Dodge Durango GT
Guys,
I have a 2nd gen coyote with a gen 5 Whipple supercharger (2017 mustang), looking at catch can ideas for my setup. Several guys like the UPR setup, but I'm not sure which UPR set up will work with my gen 5 Whipple. I see that Fathouse Performace has an open to atmosphere catch can with dual breather filters.. I really like this set up since the hot air pulses from the crankcase are not being directed into the supercharger, but Im not a fan of oil all over my engine bay. Does anyone have experience with either brand with my current set up?
Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I have an open can I bought off ebay and mounted in my fender well. I have a post in here about it. I went with large lines but after pulling the valve covers off I realized that large lines are pointless because there are very small holes in there to vent fumes. I bought the fatfab fittings for the valve covers and I don't like them either. If I were to do it again I would just use to stock fittings in the covers and 8an slipped over them.

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP / 2016 F150 Lariat / 2018 Jeep Rubicon
I have a Gen5 Whipple on my 2017 GT and went with the UPR catch can for 18+. I did change 1 fitting, but otherwise worked perfect (it still would have worked fine without me changing the fitting).

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP

Sponsored

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
@Kona 18 you vent the can in the air box? Seems counter intuitive??
The PCV is venting into the can, any oil that comes from the PCV system is caught in the can. If the can does it's job, then it won't matter that it sits near the intake filter

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
The PCV is venting into the can, any oil that comes from the PCV system is caught in the can. If the can does it's job, then it won't matter that it sits near the intake filter
Sounds good

OP
OP

RaGwEeD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2015 Rubicon, 2017 Titan, 2015 Dodge Durango GT
I have that new dual port vented motion raceworks can, along with 10an fittings with upr pcv an fittings. I used a mount from a upr catch can I had laying around, it looks great and works great. I also agree with the above poster, if I would do it again i would just use regular pushlock fittings on the can with quick connects to the stock pcvs.

heres a link to the can https://www.motionraceworks.com/products/motion-raceworks-billet-dual-port-catch-can-dual-10-an
20200107_091427.jpg
Is there any oily residue released from the filter on the catch can? Obviously a healthy street engine should not have a lot of blowby, so I assume there is minimal residue released, is that correct?

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
No residue, the filter is still clean even. I am on E85 so it does collect alot of vapor from the crank case, which is normal. it does a really good job. Only drawback to a vented set up is sometimes you can catch a wiff, but obviously thats normal.

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I love seeing the nice clean installations many of you have on your Mustangs. UPR has high quality Catch Cans and Open Element Breather kits available that will fit NA and Supercharged applications. Many kits are simply Plug and Play. If you need help, Email [email protected] with a pic of your engine bay and he can direct you to the kit (s) that will work for you.
Sponsored