Sponsored

2nd Blown Modified GT500? This time it's Stangmode with Hulk!

What do you believe is the cause of Stangmodes’ blown motor?

• Total voters

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Well I have a 2020 GT500 with 2.45 pulley lethal track exh lethal fuel rail kit ID1300s PBD E-85 tuned JLT big air kit Whipple innercooler and auxiliary cooler pump SPE thermostat. Signature 20x11 Nd 18x11 wheel set up. 305/45/18 M/T ET street R and ran 9.6 At 151 all weekend in 1500+ DA not a hiccup car ran great. PBD rob has the car manering very well drove to and from track 300 mile round trip twice sat/sun. I’m in love w my Shelby all over again do not hesitate to build and enjoy stangmode runs that car on any pump fuel he can get his hands on not to mention he beats the crap out of it and I’ve never seen him look at any gauges ever. But then again he probably wouldn’t know what to look for the guy is a Nubie at this game and only for the YouTube money for god sakes he blew up a midnight performance A-10 on 2 Nd time out. Geesshhh
Does your modded 2020 gt-500 have a triple pump fuel system?
Sponsored

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT 5.0 A-10 Whipple Charged 989 RWHP....2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Does your modded 2020 gt-500 have a triple pump fuel system?
Nope all stock GT500 pumps just division X fuel rail kit easy and simple

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
That's under the "check back for part 4" option. btw don't forget SMa$H that like and subscribe BUTTON!
Hulk smashed!:giggle:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Nope all stock GT500 pumps just division X fuel rail kit easy and simple
lets see the hulk had the same set up with big injectors, his best time at the track was a 9.99. He had 933 to the wheels. When you look at his melted piston, the evidence suggests it burnt up because it went lean. I’m still waiting for the next video to confirm thats what happened. But I guess I cant get my head around adding 230+ wheel hp and e-85 then leaving the stock dual pumps in the tank to handle that increase. I wouldn’t risk it myself. Everyone i know that’s around 1000 whp on E-85 has a triple pump set up with high volume pumps. I guess Gt-500 guys want to keep everything as non intrusive as possible so as to not reduce the value of the car when its time to sell it. Stangmode’s destroyed block has taken a big chunk out of his resale value. Its no longer a #’s matching car.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I don't get it. The price of a decent triple fuel pump setup is a drop in the bucket compared to a new short block. Personally, I'd have mine maxed out on fuel delivery before turning up the wick significantly.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
My guess is, a simple case of not understanding the Physics and maybe not the best tuner, I dunno. I just don't see this as being done intentionally for views or subs.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
These are my observations so don't take them as facts. But it appears that the current bolt-on recipe (pulley, tune, headers, E85, intercooler, injectors, fuel rail) is getting close/around 1000rwhp and it appears a LOT of people are running this.

From what i can tell most are doing this on the factory fuel system, few with boost-a-pump, few all out fuel hat and return system.

So it is, or should be a simple question. Either the factory system can handle this or it CANNOT.
I get the idea of better safe than sorry but still stock either works or it doesn't.

And please forgive me but i am coming from GM LT4(zo6/zl1) engines and all this talk on gas or e85 or bad gas or low e85.....Are these cars not flex fuel? Are they not monitoring ethanol content and adjusting as necessary. Obviously the fuel system has to handle the demands of E85 at full power but any fuel lower than e85 should be accounted for correct?

Also not sure what stangmode has done to abuse it or beat it? I mean if i can't run this thing multiple hard pulls back to back then well its not a good setup or beyond the limits of the motor. I do agree adding 200-300hp and expecting to track it is probably not a good idea. But taking it down the 1/4 mile a few times and cruising should not be an issue.

I am a computer analyst/programmer by trade for 25+ years, that being said i have never looked at auto stuff but surely these tuners can see the fuel system stats and where it stands. I mean if you are running 98% fuel system capacity and its the middle of the summer 95 degrees then once fall/winter/spring come then you are screwed. I guess what i am saying is i would think a tuner, with known fuel system components could/should tell if the system is able to support power/mods.

Then the wild card = cams. who knows on that, anything is possible when replacing those. Course i am no engine autopsy expert so i have no idea how one looks at that engine and determines the cause.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Likely, short block at a minimum....

Nos-pete

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT 5.0 A-10 Whipple Charged 989 RWHP....2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
lets see the hulk had the same set up with big injectors, his best time at the track was a 9.99. He had 933 to the wheels. When you look at his melted piston, the evidence suggests it burnt up because it went lean. I’m still waiting for the next video to confirm thats what happened. But I guess I cant get my head around adding 230+ wheel hp and e-85 then leaving the stock dual pumps in the tank to handle that increase. I wouldn’t risk it myself. Everyone i know that’s around 1000 whp on E-85 has a triple pump set up with high volume pumps. I guess Gt-500 guys want to keep everything as non intrusive as possible so as to not reduce the value of the car when its time to sell it. Stangmode’s destroyed block has taken a big chunk out of his resale value. Its no longer a #’s matching car.
Yes and correct numbers gone and a triple hat around $500-700 is nothing compare to the price of a short block but the difference is I check my logs and look at my gauges short term fuel trims air/fuel ratio lambdas all the time And do not run anything less then 85% ethanol content fuel. But then again I don’t get paid to drag face my $100k car on the streets either. Who knows ?? Maybe a publicity thing same as going 8s with the A10 car Then making a statement of how the 10 speed is a piece of crap

Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes and correct numbers gone and a triple hat around $500-700 is nothing compare to the price of a short block but the difference is I check my logs and look at my gauges short term fuel trims air/fuel ratio lambdas all the time And do not run anything less then 85% ethanol content fuel. But then again I don’t get paid to drag face my $100k car on the streets either. Who knows ?? Maybe a publicity thing same as going 8s with the A10 car Then making a statement of how the 10 speed is a piece of crap
Is this platform not capable monitoring ethanol content and adjusting tune accordingly or is that possible?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Is this platform not capable monitoring ethanol content and adjusting tune accordingly or is that possible?
No, well maybe. The PCM has the logic but it is factory turned off and has many parameters missing. It seems no tuner will make a flex tune for any supercharged coyote.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, well maybe. The PCM has the logic but it is factory turned off and has many parameters missing. It seems no tuner will make a flex tune for any supercharged coyote.
Well $hit!!! that explains a lot of things. So you are telling me that if i go E85 i must run E85 always?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Yes

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Well $hit!!! that explains a lot of things. So you are telling me that if i go E85 i must run E85 always?
Unless you have a 91 or 93 oct tune from your tuner.
Sponsored