Sponsored

2nd Blown Modified GT500? This time it's Stangmode with Hulk!

What do you believe is the cause of Stangmodes’ blown motor?

• Total voters

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah stang mode makes good money from you tube itself..He really rakes it in with his merchandise sales by way of giveaways. I can remember way back when covid hit and he and his wifey both lost their jobs. he put his Gt-500 on the market because he couldn’t afford the payments on unemployment. Needless to say he didn’t sell it. At that time he started his 1st 2020 gt-500 merchandise giveaway. He’s been rolling ever since then. He says he’s going to buying a 2021 bronco, a 2021 mach one, and i think he’s going to be buying a mustang mach e gt..So he’s making big bank with the merchandise sales.
Sponsored

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
So here's a pic I took of his shot under the passenger side.

Screenshot_20201202-041133.png

I circled what I thought looks like a hole.

Screenshot_20201202-041133~2.png

But, I don't know for sure.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@Warpath Is it easy to stick the camera under yours and check the same area for comparison ?

WD :like:

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
@Warpath Is it easy to stick the camera under yours and check the same area for comparison ?

Unfortunately not now, since it's parked in the garage with the passenger side by the wall. I need to move it out to get to that side.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
No worries, I am sure will be along soon who recognises that area and if anythings 'different' - but I do agree with you that it looks like a hole ... :frown:

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I still say he purposely blew it up to get more views of his channel.

Looks like it tossed a rod so I assume he over revved it. Probably many times before it finally blew.

Why else would he have 10 mustangs following him? From the edits it looks like all were filming.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Whatever...
What did you think was going to happen when you strayed over here and said something like that?

There is a reason I don't hang out over in GT world over in the general population and talk crap about the shortcomings of the GT......

I've seen bigger beat downs over less. Consider yourself lucky, lol

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
@K4fxd - If that's true the guy in the white 350 will be well pissed as he collected some shrapnel damage. I was surprised how quick he tucked in behind him, I would have backed well off to keep oil and debris off the paintwork :frown:

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
What did you think was going to happen when you strayed over here and said something like that?

There is a reason I don't hang out over in GT world over in the general population and talk crap about the shortcomings of the GT......

I've seen bigger beat downs over less. Consider yourself lucky, lol
Yeah, that was quite the internet beat down...🤣

Sponsored

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Mustang GT
Everyone has an opinion and value different things. For me, I can't really see it. Particularly when Ford (and other manufacturers) tosses a supercharger on it, change the seats, changes the body kit up a bit, a couple extra suspension parts, and boom: 50K+ premium for a car in which the interior looks 97% the same as an EcoBoost... The pragmatic side of me is rankled by what I consider the outrageous premium, but hey, it sells, and it's stupid fun, no doubt.
While I agree that you can build a better car for the 100k price tag, you will never be able to get back most of that money. The 13-14 GT500's are still fetching 50K+

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
No, I don't want to test drive one because I'm going to end up wanting one.

Plus, no way I'm even going to take the GT to it's limits anyway, so I would never "need" that degree of performance.

My overall point is I wish the manufacturers would make more of a distinction with higher end models. I shouldn't feel like I could be in an EcoBoost interior if I didn't know any better in a vehicle I paid a 50K+ premium for, that is all.
Its the compromise you get unfortunately with Mustangs.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.