Sponsored

2nd Blown Modified GT500? This time it's Stangmode with Hulk!

What do you believe is the cause of Stangmodesā€™ blown motor?

• Total voters

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Dumbass on public roads... 15 minutes done yet?
Sponsored

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
There are many quality aftermarket parts out there that have crap ton hours of R+D but there will always be weak points when upgrading around stock components. Itā€™s the job of the consumer to build the proper combo that works together, fits their needs, and understand the limits of surrounding parts. A lot of us enjoy cars for the sport and that will make us continually push them.
Yes, there are some reputable aftermarket companies out there that put the R&D in. I'm not saying that we should all drive around cars as they were from the factory, but I've specifically chosen mods and parts for both my car and truck that won't eat into the safety factor nor affect the long term reliability. I might be more of an extreme case of if the part doesn't come from ford performance/roush/rtr then it doesn't go on my vehicle with only a couple exceptions (and everything was installed by me).

Stangmode doesn't turn wrenches, doesn't know what he's doing and is no more knowledgeable than the average car modder that looks like it had a pep boys explode on their car....

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I couldn't believe how long it took him to pull over after he was aware of a problem.

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
Seems like the 900 hp mark may be ambitious for these continuous hard pulls. Thoughts? I had the plan to do a full bolt on but...
I feel like the 5.2 can take it with a properly setup fuel system, which it seems like he cheaped out on. I have no idea why it took him so long to pull over though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I like how those idiots are standing right along the yellow line of a busy highway. A whole pack of some real sharp individuals there, more money than brains.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Next video "Tricked ya, was a smoke bomb but here is my other new GT500, keep the clicks coming" LOL

WhinRR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
1988 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Mustang GT

Sponsored

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Stangmode is annoying as f... I stopped watching when he listed it on Ebay... Total clickbait scammer, but hey, good on him brining in $ on being annoying; I don't get paid for it.

I don't see the fascination with the GT350/500's. I mean seriously, I can hit 155 in my GT. So they can go a little faster and sprint a bit quicker, is that really worth the 40K premium? We all have the same plastic doors...

Snakecollector

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra (sold), '08 Viper (sold), '20 GT500
is that really worth the 40K premium?
Yes, worth it. Not to take away from your GT (I like them too), but the GT500 is in a different league when it comes to handling and chassis control. It's not only about straight-line anymore.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I don't see the fascination with the GT350/500's. I mean seriously, I can hit 155 in my GT. So they can go a little faster and sprint a bit quicker, is that really worth the 40K premium? We all have the same plastic doors...
To you, it appears as though it wouldn't be worth it. To those that actually bought and drive one I think it fair to say that it is worth it to them.

As to plastic doors...we can only wish the doors were composite.

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
To you, it appears as though it wouldn't be worth it. To those that actually bought and drive one I think it fair to say that it is worth it to them.

As to plastic doors...we can only wish the doors were composite.
Everyone has an opinion and value different things. For me, I can't really see it. Particularly when Ford (and other manufacturers) tosses a supercharger on it, change the seats, changes the body kit up a bit, a couple extra suspension parts, and boom: 50K+ premium for a car in which the interior looks 97% the same as an EcoBoost... The pragmatic side of me is rankled by what I consider the outrageous premium, but hey, it sells, and it's stupid fun, no doubt.
Sponsored