Sponsored

2nd Blown Modified GT500? This time it's Stangmode with Hulk!

What do you believe is the cause of Stangmodes’ blown motor?

• Total voters

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I owned a 2017 GT350 and a 2018 GT 5.0. No comparison for the driving experience. My GT was modded and faster no doubt. The GT350 is just a different animal. Way more fun to drive. Try to do a test drive and maybe you get lucky and feel the difference.
No, I don't want to test drive one because I'm going to end up wanting one.

Plus, no way I'm even going to take the GT to it's limits anyway, so I would never "need" that degree of performance.

My overall point is I wish the manufacturers would make more of a distinction with higher end models. I shouldn't feel like I could be in an EcoBoost interior if I didn't know any better in a vehicle I paid a 50K+ premium for, that is all.
Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I can see what you're saying here, but the GT350 and GT500 are more than just bolt on affairs that you can replicate with the aftermarket. There is a lot of engineering that went into the improvements for these two vehicles even though they share the same S550 platform. Now for me personally (I love my Fords and currently own two) at the 100k pricepoint I'm probably looking for a car that has the engine behind me.

In regards to the GT350/500 etc we're kind of starting to see the limitations of what a front engine rear drive platform can do.
At the $100K price point i agree, i would be looking at other cars, however at the $80k pricepoint (what i paid for mine non-CFTP) the margin was way smaller from a fully loaded GT to lesser loaded GT500 so for me it was a no brainer.

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'll bet money he blew it up on purpose.

There were way too many others around adding to the video.

I sure as hell wouldn't blame PBD for this.
This does happen quite a lot in that industry. The only thing that matters in terms of revenue is number of views (and subsequently number of ad clicks that occur). If it seems like YouTubers are blatantly doing idiotic things to their cars - it's usually intentional. Not saying anything one way or another about StangMode, just saying if it seems too stupid to be true, it usually is. Unfortunately it's led to thousands of wannabes doing genuinely dangerously stupid stuff.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Everyone has an opinion and value different things. For me, I can't really see it. Particularly when Ford (and other manufacturers) tosses a supercharger on it, change the seats, changes the body kit up a bit, a couple extra suspension parts, and boom: 50K+ premium for a car in which the interior looks 97% the same as an EcoBoost... The pragmatic side of me is rankled by what I consider the outrageous premium, but hey, it sells, and it's stupid fun, no doubt.
Not sure about the need to mention "opinion and value" as that is as obvious as the sky being blue. And in your case the GT500 doesn't do it for you - for whatever reason. Like I said, for those that actually bought one, they value it.

The important distinction you seem to be missing is that Ford didn't simply "toss a supercharger on the car, change the seats, body, a couple of suspension parts." You are minimizing the factory effort to fit your narrative. Nobody wants to pay a premium for anything but in this case, if you want to play, you gotta pay.

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure about the need to mention "opinion and value" as that is as obvious as the sky being blue. And in your case the GT500 doesn't do it for you - for whatever reason. Like I said, for those that actually bought one, they value it.

The important distinction you seem to be missing is that Ford didn't simply "toss a supercharger on the car, change the seats, body, a couple of suspension parts." You are minimizing the factory effort to fit your narrative. Nobody wants to pay a premium for anything but in this case, if you want to play, you gotta pay.
Wasn’t aware of forum etiquette on potentially nebulous content...

I didn’t say it didn’t do it for me, I’d love one. That being said, I’m not minimizing the factory effort to fit “my” narrative. It isn’t mine, Ford is out to make the most money for the least effort Like any business. They did exactly that, threw a bunch of cool parts on it and slapped a premium on it. I’d do the same thing...

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

I didn’t say it didn’t do it for me, I’d love one. That being said, I’m not minimizing the factory effort to fit “my” narrative. It isn’t mine, Ford is out to make the most money for the least effort Like any business. They did exactly that, threw a bunch of cool parts on it and slapped a premium on it. I’d do the same thing...
Throw a Tremec DCT in your car and let me know how much money you have in it at that time.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Throw a Tremec DTC in your car and let me know how much money you have it at that time.
Its the 'ol slap a whipple on it mentality. I wouldn't waste your time.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
What a lot of folks don't realize is that for some people these cars are just entertainment and their income and new worth is such that it really no big deal to cook a 100K car now and then.

It is also possible that repairing the engine won't be that costly. I can't believe he makes his living on youtube clicks. You need a LOT of clicks to make any real money...

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
When you ask the average dodge owner what they would want if the cars msrp was ten grand higher most would say more power not a better interior. I suspect it’s the same here, Ford knows power and performance is what most want who buy these cars, it’s what I would want. Sure a better interior would be nice but do you want a great interior and 600 hp, or an ok interior and 760 hp?

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

What lead to your statement regarding forum etiquette, I don't know and I don't care. Nothing personal.

You kinda did say it didn't work for you. In fact, this is how you said it...

GMONSTA said:
I don't see the fascination with the GT350/500's. I mean seriously, I can hit 155 in my GT. So they can go a little faster and sprint a bit quicker, is that really worth the 40K premium? We all have the same plastic doors...
No so much love there to lead someone to believe you'd desire to actually buy one.

And yes, you did knock the effort done to differentiate the car to blend with your "I don't see the fascination" statement quoted above. You put it as such...

GMONSTA said:
I can't really see it. Particularly when Ford (and other manufacturers) tosses a supercharger on it, change the seats, changes the body kit up a bit, a couple extra suspension parts, and boom: 50K+ premium for a car in which the interior looks 97% the same as an EcoBoost...
They hardly "threw a bunch of parts on it" but your perception is your reality. I assure you, it was quite a bit more than that.

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
What lead to your statement regarding forum etiquette, I don't know and I don't care. Nothing personal.

You kinda did say it didn't work for you. In fact, this is how you said it...

No so much love there to lead someone to believe you'd desire to actually buy one.

And yes, you did knock the effort done to differentiate the car to blend with your "I don't see the fascination" statement quoted above. You put it as such...

They hardly "threw a bunch of parts on it" but your perception is your reality. I assure you, it was quite a bit more than that.
Whatever...

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like he had fuelling kit in his boot / trunk ?

He was well out of his area wasn’t he ? Maybe e85 was hard to come by on his journey ? Maybe he got caught with a bad batch ? Maybe he was mixing with race gas to get the e correct and got something wrong ?

I don’t know, e is an unknown to me, I’m just throwing ideas out there for discussion without jumping on and bashing a tuner that might / might not have touched the car at some point in it’s past :like:

WD :like:
Sponsored