Sponsored

2nd Blown Modified GT500? This time it's Stangmode with Hulk!

What do you believe is the cause of Stangmodes’ blown motor?

• Total voters

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Simply put, its not a Mustang GT. It shares the same name, chassis, and some common parts, but you can't compare a 350 or a 500 to a 5.0 GT.
Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Stangmode is annoying as f... I stopped watching when he listed it on Ebay... Total clickbait scammer, but hey, good on him brining in $ on being annoying; I don't get paid for it.

I don't see the fascination with the GT350/500's. I mean seriously, I can hit 155 in my GT. So they can go a little faster and sprint a bit quicker, is that really worth the 40K premium? We all have the same plastic doors...
I owned a 2017 GT350 and a 2018 A10 GT 5.0. No comparison for the driving experience. My GT was modded and faster no doubt. The GT350 is just a different animal. Way more fun to drive. Try to do a test drive and maybe you get lucky and feel the difference.

Last edited:

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Wow, a lot of salty commenters here. lol

Dude makes YouTube videos to make money and pay for his fun. Good for him. Sucks that his engine blew, but that's what can happen when you mod. At least with his YT income he should be able to be back up and running fairly quickly.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I just want to know what happened. I don't have any ill feelings for him and hate that it happened.

Saratoga87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
I couldn't believe how long it took him to pull over after he was aware of a problem.
I wouldn't of wanted to be driving behind him and get caught up in his oil slick

Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guessing he will now be raffling off a slightly used/modified GT500.

DOOOH!!

Maybe he saved up enough money from his price gouging N-95 mask sales from his website a few months back.

Karma will get you.

I posted up a screen shot of his site when he was doing that. Let me see if I can find it.
Found it.
Wow, a lot of salty commenters here. lol

Dude makes YouTube videos to make money and pay for his fun. Good for him. Sucks that his engine blew, but that's what can happen when you mod. At least with his YT income he should be able to be back up and running fairly quickly.
At one time I followed his videos and even made the same argument as you and defended the StangMode as a guy who found a way to work the system, make some money, and get a GT500 before most could. Then I found his site selling N-95 masks for $8 each at the peak of the shortage of masks and that was it for me. Not into taking advantage of people when there is a need for an item and you are price gouging. Just like when we have a hurricane here and people sell generators for double the price. I get making a profit, but price gouging is not acceptable. That sealed the deal for me and many others.

N95.jpg

thrillawill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
At one time I followed his videos and even made the same argument as you and defended the StangMode as a guy who found a way to work the system, make some money, and get a GT500 before most could. Then I found his site selling N-95 masks for $8 each at the peak of the shortage of masks and that was it for me. Not into taking advantage of people when there is a need for an item and you are price gouging. Just like when we have a hurricane here and people sell generators for double the price. I get making a profit, but price gouging is not acceptable. That sealed the deal for me and many others.

N95.jpg
Yea, that is pretty messed up move by him.

For the record, StangMode did say he was laid-off by his company due to Covid back in March, so his channel and his website is pretty much his sole form of income to my knowledge, but who knows, maybe he was lying?

As far as Zander13, hes retired military and has had the worst luck with his car, he also does all the installs himself and I find his channel more educational, I like him.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s a little update and some more footage of the incident :

WD :like:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still no what went wrong but for sure buy raffle tickets for the Raptor raffle. I am guessing 3-4 more videos before we really know.
Super sharp crew there to not recognize coolant in the oil when you see it.
SMDH

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like some shrapnel stuck in the thicker stuff at the bottom of the can too ?

Need to watch 4:20 to 4:25 on a good monitor with regular pausing, I think something might be hidden in those frames ?

WD :like:

Sponsored
OP
OP

kstand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Still no what went wrong but for sure buy raffle tickets for the Raptor raffle. I am guessing 3-4 more videos before we really know.
Super sharp crew there to not recognize coolant in the oil when you see it.
SMDH
That's just E85 froth, nothing to worry about. /s

Cobra99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Wasn't he tuned by PBD?

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'll bet money he blew it up on purpose.

There were way too many others around adding to the video.

I sure as hell wouldn't blame PBD for this.

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
Everyone has an opinion and value different things. For me, I can't really see it. Particularly when Ford (and other manufacturers) tosses a supercharger on it, change the seats, changes the body kit up a bit, a couple extra suspension parts, and boom: 50K+ premium for a car in which the interior looks 97% the same as an EcoBoost... The pragmatic side of me is rankled by what I consider the outrageous premium, but hey, it sells, and it's stupid fun, no doubt.
I can see what you're saying here, but the GT350 and GT500 are more than just bolt on affairs that you can replicate with the aftermarket. There is a lot of engineering that went into the improvements for these two vehicles even though they share the same S550 platform. Now for me personally (I love my Fords and currently own two) at the 100k pricepoint I'm probably looking for a car that has the engine behind me.

In regards to the GT350/500 etc we're kind of starting to see the limitations of what a front engine rear drive platform can do.
Sponsored