Sponsored

2nd Blown Modified GT500? This time it's Stangmode with Hulk!

What do you believe is the cause of Stangmodes’ blown motor?

• Total voters

-Armoured-

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wolfgang
Vehicle(s)
Mazda RX7
I started following him in the beginning with his gt 5.0 but as he got more popular, so did the bullshit and clickbait crap. A 15 minute clip with 2 minutes of useful footage.

I now avoid him like the plague. Same with that zander13 fella. 🤮
Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
He is probably more than happy it blew up.
How does a YouTube content creator afford a gt500 in the first place? Clicks mean money.
Now he has his gt500 he needs to keep the clicks coming. Can’t leave it stock and do a review once a yr as that won’t pay for the fuel. No, he has to tune it so people keep clicking. Going bang in a cloud of smoke is going to get him loads more clicks than just doing yet another drag race against a Tesla. This car will be back up and running within a few weeks. There will be maybe 2 or 3 more videos of it before he trades it for something new. The next one needs to be non ford as he will have gained all the clicks he can from the ford crowd. Suspect a new corvette next. These guys don't go round buying obscure cars that people have no affinity to... They buy things like AMG, Porsche, Pony cars etc, review them, turn them, crash them, then move them on. This is a job for them. Don't pity this fool for his stupidity. If this iteration didn't go bang, he would have tuned it a little more until it went bang. Note the act of going bang was filmed right.. didn't happen accidentally.

As you may have guessed I hate YouTube and all it has become. Total dumbing down for the sake of a quick buck. When I grew up kids aspired to be astronauts/pilots/explorers etc. Now my 8yr old believes making YouTube videos about toys is a legitimate career choice.

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
He's nuts to post this
Unfortunately, such foolish practice is common on The Toob. They all get too boresighted on views and likes. I bet his car payment is going to be pretty painful next time.

KB

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I loved that video. The buildup, the action, then boom...game over!! I literally laughed out loud. Adios amigo!

Sponsored

Jbraun2828

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350
Wasn’t referring to a chevy small block. My choice was donovan and brodix. 572 or 632, usually blown. 20k wouldn’t cover drives and props. Being from FL you should be familiar with what I’m referring to.
Exactly; I’ve had cigarettes the last 15 years. These cars are cheap to run compared to high performance boats. With boats double everything, big cube engines usually blown, trannys, outdrives, props.

OH3Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Convertible
He lost we with the flat bill and little content. Watching and learning from people in the know is one thing. Click Bait headlines and bad grammar have me watching older movies and Chappelle show/SNL clips.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I really hate that this happened however I am VERY interested in what happened and what failed. Outside of the cams his recipe of mods is about what everyone is doing to get around 1000rwhp. And was pretty close to what i was planning on doing so i want to know what failed and why.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
this is the reason I don't tune or modify anything that will void my warranty.

Blow the trans, 30K..... pop the engine, about the same. Not worth it one bit.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I really hate that this happened however I am VERY interested in what happened and what failed. Outside of the cams his recipe of mods is about what everyone is doing to get around 1000rwhp. And was pretty close to what i was planning on doing so i want to know what failed and why.
My money says it was the fuel system setup he was using. I don’t know what he used, but I bet it got too lean then it went boom.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
this is the reason I don't tune or modify anything that will void my warranty.

Blow the trans, 30K..... pop the engine, about the same. Not worth it one bit.
Im curious to know what a stock for stock replacement will cost. I suppose if it is just a long block replacement, then I can agree with your guess. If when it detonated it affected a head, or the supercharger, or more, we are closer to $50,000.

Did a price come out on the crate engine Ford announced?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
These are the kinds of things that boost subscriptions and likes and that's what youtube pays you cash for! Think about it, 933 wheel hp and no triple pump fuel system? The mamba has one. Doesn't make sense.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
SM is quite the mechanic. He hadn't even stopped rolling when he concluded the engine was blown. Probably not planned but definitely makes for more views. <shaking head>

KB
He is a far cry from being a mechanic. He doesn't turn his own wrenches. Just like the other youtube kid penom, all the work is done by other people.

Go back to the video..... when he is pulling over, that dreaded chime went off. I suspect by the amount of smoke flying out the back and the amount of oil lost along the way, the engine was starved of oil and in a low or no oil pressure situation.

That engine is toast.

Someone here on the forum had a warranty long block engine replacement. I seem to recall it was about 30K? Was it @jwhite?

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392 6 speed manual.
He is probably more than happy it blew up.
How does a YouTube content creator afford a gt500 in the first place? Clicks mean money.
Now he has his gt500 he needs to keep the clicks coming. Can’t leave it stock and do a review once a yr as that won’t pay for the fuel. No, he has to tune it so people keep clicking. Going bang in a cloud of smoke is going to get him loads more clicks than just doing yet another drag race against a Tesla. This car will be back up and running within a few weeks. There will be maybe 2 or 3 more videos of it before he trades it for something new. The next one needs to be non ford as he will have gained all the clicks he can from the ford crowd. Suspect a new corvette next. These guys don't go round buying obscure cars that people have no affinity to... They buy things like AMG, Porsche, Pony cars etc, review them, turn them, crash them, then move them on. This is a job for them. Don't pity this fool for his stupidity. If this iteration didn't go bang, he would have tuned it a little more until it went bang. Note the act of going bang was filmed right.. didn't happen accidentally.

As you may have guessed I hate YouTube and all it has become. Total dumbing down for the sake of a quick buck. When I grew up kids aspired to be astronauts/pilots/explorers etc. Now my 8yr old believes making YouTube videos about toys is a legitimate career choice.
I’m betting he will get a Mach E soon. Honestly his channel used to be pretty good. Back when he was pushing his 5.0 NA I enjoyed a lot of his videos.
Sponsored