285’s on 19x10 rim Squared on a 2018 Mustang GT

moodywizard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I emailed them got a reply, 27 to 28 lbs.
Sponsored

moodywizard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP1
OEM Perfomnce Package wheels are heavy AF:

Front: 34lbs

Rear: 37.5lbs
I didn't know the rear was 37.5lbs, in fact I read that the rear was actually a pound or two lighter than the front for some reason.. I do agree that the factory pp wheels are heavy af though.:) waiting until these tires need replacing then going to change to 285 square and keeping my eyes open for lightest wheels that suite my style.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
If it's +40 to +35 offset, it will work. A +45 offset wheel with a 5 mm slip-on spacer would be fine too.
wondering why American muscle would designate their 19x10 replica wheels "rear only" if they will fit the front wheel as well?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
wondering why American muscle would designate their 19x10 replica wheels "rear only" if they will fit the front wheel as well?
Because they're +48 offset. Too much to fit on the front, and more than a 5 mm slip on spacer isn't safe on stock studs.

Blacktop17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT , 1986 GT
Vehicle Showcase
So if I have ARP wheel studs on front and rear I can run 19x10 aftermarket PP Wheels on the front and rear with a spacer a little bigger than 5 mm on front and nothing on back?

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mercedes C280
So if I have ARP wheel studs on front and rear I can run 19x10 aftermarket PP Wheels on the front and rear with a spacer a little bigger than 5 mm on front and nothing on back?
Get 19x10 wheels with a +35 offset and you will need no spacers front or rear. It will look exactly like the op posted 4 years ago. I'm also running 19x10 wheels with a +35 offset 285/35/19 tires and lowered in the front by about 1.25". No reason for spacers, never had an issue.

Redmcguire

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 5.0 PP1
Get 19x10 wheels with a +35 offset and you will need no spacers front or rear. It will look exactly like the op posted 4 years ago. I'm also running 19x10 wheels with a +35 offset 285/35/19 tires and lowered in the front by about 1.25". No reason for spacers, never had an issue.
How do you like the square set up? Just ordered mine from SVE.

Howitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
First Name
Howie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2000 Mercedes C280
How do you like the square set up? Just ordered mine from SVE.
They've served me well for the past 7 years. Started using the same set at track over a year ago and they've been good there as well. The car feels very balanced with everything else I have.

Sponsored

Redmcguire

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 5.0 PP1
They've served me well for the past 7 years. Started using the same set at track over a year ago and they've been good there as well. The car feels very balanced with everything else I have.
Thanks for the response. I'll be using mine for mostly street (maybe 1 in spacer on the rear to stagger), then square set up for track days- maybe a couple of times a year... Decided to roll the dice on square set up with Ford Performance Track Pack. Looking forward to getting it out of the shop next week.

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the response. I'll be using mine for mostly street (maybe 1 in spacer on the rear to stagger), then square set up for track days- maybe a couple of times a year... Decided to roll the dice on square set up with Ford Performance Track Pack. Looking forward to getting it out of the shop next week.
Keep us posted. I’m considering that exact same setup.

Redmcguire

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 5.0 PP1
Keep us posted. I’m considering that exact same setup.
Just got the car out of the shop. Excessive in Manassas VA did a great job with the Ford Performance Track Handling Pack install, tire set up and alignment. The 19X10 285 square set up from SVE (their X500 wheel) fit and offset are perfect. I'm currently running FP's recommended Camber w/o an adjustable camber plate (the kit does not come with or require it). No issues yet, but I'll see how grip, tire ware, and track performance are in the future. However, I can't run my current 1 inch spacer in the back because of the offset and backspacing. The tire "pokes" too much for my taste and for optimal performance. I'm looking for another spacer that will give me the 305 rear staggered look. But this looks so good I might not care at all. My initial impressions on the street are looks fantastic, feels planted, loves the corners, and not noticeably bad tramlining like reported with the 305 square set up. I love the FP handling pack. My car is a PP1, so this exceeds (IMHO) what I was missing in the PP2 magnaride set up for a hell of a lot less than trying to install magnaride aftermarket. The ride is not at all jarring on the softest sway bar adjustment point. Frankly, it feels better than the PP1 with MUCH less deflection and hop. Depending on the tire compound, I expect to exceed PP2 road course performance with this set up and have the added bonus of better street handling and longer tire life because I can rotate the tires. If I get some 10ths of a second off a road course time (compared to the PP2 or GT350, Mach 1), I'm cool with that. For now, I recommend the FP Track Handling Pack, and I'll keep you posted on the 285 square set up.
New Shoes 1.JPEG
New Shoes 3.JPEG

New Shoes2.JPEG

Last edited:

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just got the car out of the shop. Excessive in Manassas VA did a great job with the Ford Performance Track Handling Pack install, tire set up and alignment. The 19X10 285 square set up from SVE (their X500 wheel) fit and offset are perfect. I'm currently running FP's recommended Camber w/o an adjustable camber plate (the kit does not come with or require it). No issues yet, but I'll see how grip, tire ware, and track performance are in the future. However, I can't run my current 1 inch spacer in the back because of the offset and backspacing. The tire "pokes" too much for my taste and for optimal performance. I'm looking for another spacer that will give me the 305 rear staggered look. But this looks so good I might not care at all. My initial impressions on the street are looks fantastic, feels planted, loves the corners, and not noticeably bad tramlining like reported with the 305 square set up. I love the FP handling pack. My car is a PP1, so this exceeds (IMHO) what I was missing in the PP2 magnaride set up for a hell of a lot less than trying to install magnaride aftermarket. The ride is not at all jarring on the softest sway bar adjustment point. Frankly, it feels better than the PP1 with MUCH less deflection and hop. Depending on the tire compound, I expect to exceed PP2 road course performance with this set up and have the added bonus of better street handling and longer tire life because I can rotate the tires. If I get some 10ths of a second off a road course time (compared to the PP2 or GT350), I'm cool with that. For now, I recommend the FP Track Handling Pack, and I'll keep you posted on the 285 square set up.
Awesome, thanks for the write up. Sounds like the install is working great!

I was considering camber plates with my setup (as well as camber bolts), it’s interesting to hear that the track pack doesn’t require it. I like the idea of the spacer in the rear to still give it that staggered look, I’ll have to look more into that. If you have any pics to share, that’d be awesome!

I‘m really looking forward to the track pack install!