Sponsored

27 MPG in my GT tonight on the NYS Thruway

MRose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Track your mpg with gallons used vs miles. Then compare to what the computer says. You may be surprised.
I have tracked every fillup in my GT/PP and found that it is optimistic by about 4%. That's pretty good compared to my RAM 1500 which is optimistic by over 15%.
Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 12.59.08 PM.png
Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
In 29,500 miles I've gotten over 30 mpg in a tank twice -- both times straight downhill, going from the Grand Canyon to Needles, CA (a drop of about 6200 feet), and from Clines Corners, NM to Holbrook, AZ (a drop of about 2500 feet). Overall on my cross-country drive from NYC -> LA -> NYC last year I got about 27 mpg.

On the low end, I've gotten 12 mpg several times, in tanks where I did solely city driving with no highway miles to stretch it up. Averaged around 19.5 for the whole time I've had the car.

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I typically average 26-28 MPG on road trips. Thing is great on the highway. It's the 14-17 in the city that gets me...that and my lead foot.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
I have tracked every fillup in my GT/PP and found that it is optimistic by about 4%. That's pretty good compared to my RAM 1500 which is optimistic by over 15%.

What program are you using for this and where did you find it ?

MRose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
What program are you using for this and where did you find it ?
It's just a google drive spreadsheet that I enter the odo/price/gallons into each time I fill up.

There's a couple more pages to it that calculate some statistics about miles driven per year and average fuel costs. Nothing too fancy.

Sponsored

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
I typically average 26-28 MPG on road trips. Thing is great on the highway. It's the 14-17 in the city that gets me...that and my lead foot.
Well, I can dream about getting 28 mpg highway... although I do match the 14-17 mpg city. Maybe it's your tires - do you like Your Firehawk Wide Ovals? Are they the summer version, or the all-seasons?

I ask because my factory 19" Pirelli P Zero Nero all-seasons are at 22,000 miles (minus 2 winter seasons of dedicated snows, so actually 18,000 miles) and have started to lose traction, ride rough and get noisy... they won't last. I liked them until now, but want an all-season that wears longer than 2 years.

P.S., I'm open to tire suggestions but don't want dedicated summer tires: they're worthless when temperatures get into the 60s, and we get plenty of days like that in PA before the snow falls.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
im averaging 17.2mpg which is worse than my 2007 gt. 2 miles in town driving then 7 miles highway ~80mph. on the way back form the dealer i was doing 60-70mph and had about 21mpg new.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I am still amazed by the gas mileage this engine gets without the use of any gimmicks, like active fuel management.
ACT is the reason I wont even buy a GM vehicle anymore,I had it on my 2011 GMC and its a mess so I traded it in last year for a 5.0 F150.
ACT is responsible for to many blown LS motors and engine issues

michformulas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
picture isn't great but traveled across Michigan on back highways a couple weeks ago doing a lighthouse tour. Averaged between 30 and 31 mpg cruise set at 63 on 55mph highways. GT manual with 3.31 gears.
milage.JPG

Dudie7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Well, I can dream about getting 28 mpg highway... although I do match the 14-17 mpg city. Maybe it's your tires - do you like Your Firehawk Wide Ovals? Are they the summer version, or the all-seasons?

I ask because my factory 19" Pirelli P Zero Nero all-seasons are at 22,000 miles (minus 2 winter seasons of dedicated snows, so actually 18,000 miles) and have started to lose traction, ride rough and get noisy... they won't last. I liked them until now, but want an all-season that wears longer than 2 years.

P.S., I'm open to tire suggestions but don't want dedicated summer tires: they're worthless when temperatures get into the 60s, and we get plenty of days like that in PA before the snow falls.
They are the summer version but I live further south than you. I still put her up for most of the winter though. As for how I like the tire...it's a good performer but when you consider the price it might be the best mod I've made to this car. Road noise is fairly low (hard to tell with the exhaust) and they handle great in the rain.

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
If you go into engineering mode you can adjust the mpg readout by a number of percent to read more accurately. Your numbers are all over the place but I see a lot around 3 and 4% off. It's something I've been meaning to do for a while but don't have enough data to pick the value

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43684

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27581&highlight=engineering+mode
Sponsored