2011KonaBlue

Konabluepony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
When I got my new 22' GT, I installed a set of SHelby CS3 wheels, with new Nitto's and new Ford TPMS sensors. I have tried everything to get the TPMS sensor fault to go away and nothing has worked. Today I carried it down to Discount TIre where I bought the tires and had them installed, to see if they could get them to work correctly. The guy took his scan tool out there and worked with them for about 15 minutes to no avail. He said that his deviced sees the sensors and that they are working, but it want let him sync them to the car since his device is not a newer version. I don't pretend to know the details, but the car keeps asking for a newer device that DT doesn't have. He suggests carrying it to Ford. Now, when I did this same process on my 19' all I did was drive it and the sensors were found no problem. Has Ford changed this to make it necessary to have to go to the dealer now? It used to be so simple and now it isn't. On a different topic, I read on another post that the reason this car had lost 10hp was the addition of a charcoal filter in the air box and a different tune to account for it. I also understand the tuners don't have as much access to the tune parameters as before. Will I be able to buy a cold air set up with a tune for this car to get rid of the restrictive air box? I have been looking and I don't see anything listed for a 22'.
Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I had a 2020 GT Premium then switched to 2021 GT Premium and a few things changed. Are you sure that the TPMS are working on the frequency that the car is using. Maybe they switched it. I know that the APIM on the 2021 is completely different than the 2020 I had.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I put ford performance rims and tire rack supplied TPMS sensors on my 2022 without any problems. Maybe try new TPMS sensors, I can confirm the tire rack ones worked on my car.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Last edited:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
When I got my new 22' GT, I installed a set of SHelby CS3 wheels, with new Nitto's and new Ford TPMS sensors. I have tried everything to get the TPMS sensor fault to go away and nothing has worked. Today I carried it down to Discount TIre where I bought the tires and had them installed, to see if they could get them to work correctly. The guy took his scan tool out there and worked with them for about 15 minutes to no avail. He said that his deviced sees the sensors and that they are working, but it want let him sync them to the car since his device is not a newer version. I don't pretend to know the details, but the car keeps asking for a newer device that DT doesn't have. He suggests carrying it to Ford. Now, when I did this same process on my 19' all I did was drive it and the sensors were found no problem. Has Ford changed this to make it necessary to have to go to the dealer now? It used to be so simple and now it isn't. On a different topic, I read on another post that the reason this car had lost 10hp was the addition of a charcoal filter in the air box and a different tune to account for it. I also understand the tuners don't have as much access to the tune parameters as before. Will I be able to buy a cold air set up with a tune for this car to get rid of the restrictive air box? I have been looking and I don't see anything listed for a 22'.
The only time I ever had that kind of difficulty it turned out one sensor was bad. With my '15 and '19 no tool was necessary when the sensors were all good. They just worked from the get go. I'd be surprised if there's any difference with the '22s.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
OP, I really think the issue is with your TPMS or the tool used by DT. As for trying to make up for the missing ponies, it has been discussed on here many times with one thread showing how to replace that new type filter

OP
OP

2011KonaBlue

Konabluepony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If it is a failure with the Tpms sensor, then it is an out of box failure since they were all brand new Ford senors. Thanks for the link on how to get back my lost ponies.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Yep that is a possibility.

If it is a failure with the Tpms sensor, then it is an out of box failure since they were all brand new Ford senors. Thanks for the link on how to get back my lost ponies.

OP
OP

2011KonaBlue

Konabluepony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have never had magride before. Is there anyway to just set the firmness of the magride without putting it in track mode? Also, how do I get the color I choose for the dash etc.. work with my mode? When I click the toggle to the my mode I set up, the color changes back to blue.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
So how did you solve this issue?

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I ran into TPMS with my F150 a while back. Got a new set of sensors and they never would sync up. COme to find out I got the wrong frequency sensor. Maybe the 22 uses a different frequency than the older models? IDK but might be worth a shot to investigate. My F150 used 315 MHZ sensors and the ones I got were mistakenly for the Raptor which were 433 MHZ. Ooops.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
FWIW, my winter set of wheels and tires are from my 2016 and they work just fine on my 2022. No issues with my summer set that I bought brand new from Discount Tire last fall as well. They did swap the TPMS over from the wheels that came with my car though

OP
OP

2011KonaBlue

Konabluepony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So how did you solve this issue?
I went through the same thing as the OP. The tpms sensors I bought and put in were supposed to be for a 22' but the frequency must have been different. I carried it to my local Ford dealer where they informed me I need a different number. They want like $500 to install the correct sensors. I said no thanks, bought them off of ebay for $60 and then had Discount tire install them. They did it for free because that's where I bought my tires and had them installed previously. In short, I think Ford changed the frequency somewhere between 19' and 22' so you probably need new sensors. I believe you need F2GZ-1A189-A

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Iā€™m wondering if maybe you were just provided the incorrect sensors. Where did you buy the sensors that were not correct?

Appears sensors are the same 2015-2023
78CD40D2-F4FE-48E3-9D6C-C5E58FC08EE2.png

Last edited:
OP
OP

2011KonaBlue

Konabluepony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Iā€™m wondering if maybe you were just provided the incorrect sensors. Where did you buy the sensors that were not correct?

Appears sensors are the same 2015-2023
78CD40D2-F4FE-48E3-9D6C-C5E58FC08EE2.png
Looks like the first set I ordered were F2GT-1A180-AB. These said they were for a Mustang but would not work no matter what I did.
Sponsored