The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
This is cool, but it's a crate engine. If it had to be put into a production car I guarantee some power loss would occur.
Very true as it’s for dragstrip only but I’m impressed at the amount of horsepower they’re getting without any forced induction.

I would love to see somebody take this and add forced induction to it.:rockon:
Sponsored

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
Very true as it’s for dragstrip only but I’m impressed at the amount of horsepower they’re getting without any forced induction.

It is also a massive BB engine. Its making power right near the same ratio Ci to Ci with the Mach/Bullitt

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
So you deny human-caused climate change? Or you just don't think the situation is that dire? If the former, we're probably at an impasse (hell we probably are anyway), but I tend to trust people who have actually studied geology and climate science their whole lives... As well as my own intuition, especially when that intuition is going against what my heart desperately wants to be true. Because god knows I wish you were right... But sadly I am fairly certain you are not.

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I deny human caused climate change.
I've been around over 6 decades, and I have a pretty good memory still, and overall, I've seen no significant change in the environment. I have seen a big change in the way news and weather is reported, and I have noticed a biased agenda based reporting on news weather and events in my days. But lets stick to the weather for now. Growing up, summers were hot and winters were cold; usually got 2-3 days off from school for snow days, and in the summer it usually managed to hit 100 at least a few days. I also remembered the news (print and TV/radio) reporting when temperature records were matched or broken. Those records were usually 50, 150, or 200 years old give or take. Most were way before modern industrialization. In 1965 we had a cold summer, one week in July we had days that didn't get to 60 degrees. Then that winter in 66 we had 12 inches of snow and temps below zero for most of a week. The weathermen were talking about another ice age. The hottest day I ever remember, was the day Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. It was somewhere around 112*. In the winter of 1977 we had another foot of snow in early January, but the temps got down below zero and stayed there for weeks. It was rare for temps to hit 30 during the day. The Ohio river all but completely froze over, and barge traffic was stopped. In 1977 the summer was about like any summer, but the winter of 78 was worse than 77. Didn't get as cold, but almost. Snowed 2 feet Jan. 3rd and again February 14th. We had snow on the ground from January to April. The next few winters were cold too they just have the snow. Again there was talk of another ice age. Then the summer of 1988 we had a bad drought and the day time temps were in the high 90's to low 100's for what seemed like months. That was the first time I ever heard of man made global warming, and how it was going to destroy the earth and mankind. It wasn't just weather, but NEWS. Snippets at first but later it was stories about how man and industrialization were destroying the planet with global warming. Planet temperatures were being reported as higher than ever year after year. Then we started having some cooler summers and colder winters, and bam, all of s sudden it wasn't global warming any more, but "CLIMATE CHANGE". Now I happen to notice that the scientist that debunk global warming or climate change are never heard on the lame stream media. I also noticed that where temperatures are taken for the record are taken in urban areas and many in the hottest areas. Take my local big city. The temperature is taken by the National Weather Service at the second largest airport in the State. It's a large open area with huge runways, taxi ways, ramps, hangers, terminals, and The UPS World Port. The airport is surrounded by 2 large expressways on 2 sides with the Fairgrounds on the other side of one, one of the largest rail yards on another side, a Ford plant, and industrial areas on another. All places that absorb and produce heat. Almost any time of the year when I left work somewhere between 3 and 5 PM I could check the temperature which was usually the high for the day. Then I would drive home in the neighboring county in a rural area and check the temperature again; it was almost always 8 to 10 degrees cooler. Why don't they take the temperature out where I live, where the temperature is a more natural temperature with little effect by city heat islands? If they did, then the records set over a hundred years ago would still be standing.
The point is other than boring most of you and putting you to sleep. Weather changes all the time, but not to the extremes that the climate changers would have us believe. Some years are warmer than others and some are colder than others. Like we say around here, "If you don't like the weather, hang around, it will change". From my observations, weather runs in cycles, hot years, cool years, wet years, dry years, stormy years, and calm years. Problem is, you can't predict the weather.
If Al Gore is so worried about the seas rising in the next 12 years, then why did he buy beach front property when he made that prediction over 12 years ago.
Okay, I'm done for now. Now lets find those 10 lost horses and see if we can round up 10 more.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Here we go its 1972-73 repeating. Hold on to your high HP cars its gonna be a long time before we get them back.
With EV outselling everything chances are slim we'll even had decent HP gas models to pick from in 5 years. smh

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I don't post in general very often, but I've been there a few times... In fact I think I remember engaging you at some point in a discussion about the Mach 1 performance vs the Camaro 1LE!

And yeah, there's a lot of hypocrites up top, but the problem is very real, and we need to vote out the hypocrites and vote in people who will do more than flap their mouths about this issue... Easier said than done, of course, but our survival depends on it.

So you deny human-caused climate change? Or you just don't think the situation is that dire? If the former, we're probably at an impasse (hell we probably are anyway), but I tend to trust people who have actually studied geology and climate science their whole lives... As well as my own intuition, especially when that intuition is going against what my heart desperately wants to be true. Because god knows I wish you were right... But sadly I am fairly certain you are not.

As I was getting at with Atlas, though, I fully agree that the message right now is convoluted by oligarchs.
ah yes I remember now! Good luck on your Mach order I hope you get it!! I’m not sure voting alone is going to solve the issues we have with the political class but I’ll tread very carefully with where I take that thought :giggle:

the only thing I’ll say regarding the issue of climate change is that it’s really hard to ignore the financial incentives those in power have to push the subject on the rest of us, all while ignoring so many other issues relating to the health of the planet. I also can’t ignore that some of the most powerful voices telling me to feel guilty about causing the poles to melt do not hesitate to buy water front property. Odd they would do so, when the sea levels are such a concern. Until that type of behavior changes along with the private jets, limousines, etc you’re never going to get average people like me to join the movement and I mean that respectfully. It is not as easy to “trust the science” or the people sounding off about it when sadly that is a subject that has become as politicized as any maybe more. Look no further than the tyranny that has been imposed in response to the CCP virus. When those telling you to mask up get caught admitting it’s all theater and when the science is constantly changing to justify whatever they want, believing in science becomes a little less straightforward than it should be.

Last edited:

Sponsored

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
I majored in economics. That said, I have a number of geology and meteorology courses under my belt. I graduated college in 2008, so climate change was certainly a thing back then. I watched Gore's "An Inconvenient Truth."

Yes, I flat out deny humans are responsible for climate change, and further I do not believe the situation is dire.

As the climate changes, we will adapt. The adaptations we are pushing for now (electric everything) is completely silly, and is only a method of making a new round of billionaires as I mentioned. Fear is a powerful motivator (see Covid-19) and the problem is that most people are not afraid of climate change. Those who are will claim they are more highly educated and enlightened, and those who deny are ignorant. Sadly, the climate movement pushes this type of thinking and it has become much like a religious cult where members give up more and more of their lives to some sort of pseudo-god leader, much like followers of climate change are willing to give up large homes, ICE vehicles, even eating meat, and considerably more. Of course, a quick study of climate "leaders" reveals they continue to live lavish jet-setter lifestyles and have very large environmental footprints all while they tell us what we cannot have.

Nevertheless, I respect all opinions, including yours.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
Is that right? Not ever having been interested in one I never really looked at performance figures. I’m sure you’re just throwing that 95% number out there to make a point and I do that too so I get it. But without me researching it would an EcoBoost Mustang really be faster and quicker than say something like a 65-66 Tri-Power GTO?

Here's an example:

A 69 GT500 did 0-60 in 6 second range with its old fashioned tires and suspension and went down the 1/4 in 14.3 seconds. Even an EcoBoost Mustang, on it's worst, day will do 60 in the mid 5 second range and the 1/4 in the mid to high 13's.

Things change. Today is the true muscle car era.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Here's an example:

A 69 GT500 did 0-60 in 6 second range with its old fashioned tires and suspension and went down the 1/4 in 14.3 seconds. Even an EcoBoost Mustang, on it's worst, day will do 60 in the mid 5 second range and the 1/4 in the mid to high 13's.

Things change. Today is the true muscle car era.
I of course remember that it was tough in real life to get a showroom stock ‘60s muscle car under 6 seconds/low 14s, but of course we all hung our hats on the mostly bogus car magazine write ups. Never mind that these were often cars with calibrated distributors and carbs, maybe headers and occasionally even cheater slicks. It suited our purpose to believe them. Maybe a 375 horse solid lifter Nova or Camaro pulling 4.10s would do it but they had a hard time getting a bite. Problem is that today we have trouble knowing the reality because surviving accounts can’t be trusted.

The most glaring example of disparity between claimed times and bone stock reality was the Chrysler Corp. Hemis. Sure, they would run strong once they were massaged but as delivered they might as well have been a disassembled kit car. We used to delight in eatin’ them up with stock GTOs and Chevelles.

But I digress. Thanks for opening my eyes re: the EBs. I consider myself educated.

P.S. You’re 100% right about today being the true muscle car era. No question about that, I just didn’t realize it included the EBs.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda

Me to would love put it one of my older Chevrolets..probably like 25k for that Create engine.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I'm guessing you think professional wrestling and the tooth fairy are real too? :crackup: :cwl:
Stop. You’re bringing back horrible childhood memories that I have tried to repress. The day I found out that the WWF was fake it was like my whole life had been a lie. Up until about age 12 I binge watched that garbage, only to find out they were actors. :angry:
Sponsored