22 GT and Mach down 10hp… Is this true?

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
This sucks all these turbo cars are becoming faster and faster, look at the supra stock.. it can beat a 10r80 stock vs stock and instead of going up in hp were going down 10 :crying::frown::facepalm:
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Well, that was an unexpected twist. Expect the unexpected in 2021 and 2022. I’m pretty sure there’s
more to come. Not necessarily good.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So the 21 Mach 1 will have 30hp more than the 2022 GT. Think you will notice 30hp?

FrankM5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401a package
So the 21 Mach 1 will have 30hp more than the 2022 GT. Think you will notice 30hp?
I dont think the problem is noticing the hp difference, when in a race is where the numbers will show, now imagine paying for mods to get 10hp more and now being at stock 2021 hp numbers

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I dont think the problem is noticing the hp difference, when in a race is where the numbers will show, now imagine paying for mods to get 10hp more and now being at stock 2021 hp numbers
Exactly.
I was at the Ford Performance Track Attack on Friday and asked one of the instructors if there will be a FP tune for the Mach... He said " Oh yeah there will be!"

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Exactly.
I was at the Ford Performance Track Attack on Friday and asked one of the instructors if there will be a FP tune for the Mach... He said " Oh yeah there will be!"
Do you know if the ford racing tune will work with catted long tubes?

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt it. Fords tunes usually aren't that flexible for mods.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
People only get FP tunes to keep the warranty, not really subject to add modifications after
I wasted my money on the level 1 tune for my 15GT because I later bought the CAI and Tuner from Steeda.
But on this one the Ford performance might be perfect since it keeps warranty and I don't plan on doing anything more with the intake.
And headers are way to loud for me and my neighbors
I would like speed limiter to be removed though

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I doubt it. Fords tunes usually aren't that flexible for mods.
People only get FP tunes to keep the warranty, not really subject to add modifications after
The only mod I want to do is kooks catted long tubes. Figure I need a tune of some kind to compensate for it but I don’t have any tuners near me that I trust and would feel much more comfortable with something from Ford if it would do the job. I don’t need any power increase I just want the sound and the car to run like stock and not throw codes

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The only mod I want to do is kooks catted long tubes. Figure I need a tune of some kind to compensate for it but I don’t have any tuners near me that I trust and would feel much more comfortable with something from Ford if it would do the job. I don’t need any power increase I just want the sound and the car to run like stock and not throw codes
Give Steeda a call. They already have a Mach 1 Tune with tuner and they can probably modify for headers too

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
I wasted my money on the level 1 tune for my 15GT because I later bought the CAI and Tuner from Steeda.
But on this one the Ford performance might be perfect since it keeps warranty and I don't plan on doing anything more with the intake.
And headers are way to loud for me and my neighbors
I would like speed limiter to be removed though
This has to be mentioned a lot but there is a warranty impact on “power pack” FP tunes: you get a supplemental FP warranty up to 3/36. After that your 5/60 is still active but in theory Ford doesn’t have to pay for repairs related to using an aftermarket tune. Engine-wise the Mach I is like power pack 3 for the gen3, so (and I’m only guessing here) there will be no hardware only a tune freed from <91 octane considerations. FP delivers great, reliable OEM-like tunes and it may be more aggressive and more fun, but there is a warranty impact. If I had a M1 I’d probably do it depending on what they claim for +hp/tq

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
What's an example?
The most recent example I can think of for Ford is the 6.2L V8 currently found in the Super Duty. It was developed around 2005 for the Mustang, and originally called the "Hurricane" motor. Katrina hit before it was supposed to be introduced, and decision makers decided it should not be called that name. So it became the "Boss V8" but then gas prices soared after the hurricane. The project was shelved for years and basically written off. Then, in 2010, it became an option for the F-150 and the standard engine for the Super Duty. So in this case Ford didn't lose their shirt on development, but only because they decided to use it for another application.

Brah really any of the navistar engines, especially the 6.4 lmfao 🤣. The 3 valves any of them basically didn’t last, a lot of money for alot of warranty work
Yeah, except Ford didn't design any of the Navistar engines. The 7.3L was a long-lived success; the 6.0L was a problem child for many customers, and the 6.4L was even worse in some ways. But after the 6.0L warranty fiascos, Ford was already working on the 6.7L engine and the 6.4L was just stop-gap.

...For another, a huge chunk of the population already lives in places that can charge their EVs as it is, and for those people, EVs are practically superior in almost every way:

1. No trips to gas stations, just charge when you get home.
2. Far fewer moving parts and fluids = FAR less maintenance
3. Quieter
4. Smoother
5. Faster in a straight line
6: And of course: Cheaper cost of energy usage

The only real advantage of gas cars is that there is no range anxiety. Otherwise, gas cars have already lost the practicality battle, it's just that battery technology and manufacturing costs as well as our electrical grid aren't yet ready to supply the world. "Practical", doesn't mean that it has to be ready to take over every single possible vehicle application all at once anytime soon...
People like you seem to enjoy creating prophecies you hope are self-fulfilling. Nothing is inevitable except death. There are many advantages to ICE vehicles you totally fail; some of those advantages will never be met by EVs. Overall range, thrilling engine sound, speed of refueling, portability of refueling, ability to adapt to a number of alternate fuels, ability to store fuel, etc.

...I've said it before that I've always been more of a chassis-centered sports car guy than an engine-centric traditional muscle car guy. Substance and "balance" over projected image and bragging rights...
Not to be rude, but "chassis centered" and "balanced" don't exactly apply to the nose heavy WRX you have...
Sponsored

Reactions: Ebm