Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
porsche gt3 rs 4.0 had 500 hp 10 years ago and better mileage normally aspirated
Sure, much higher compression, much less torque (by almost 100 ft-lbs.). 19MPG is hardly better gas mileage. I'm sure Ford could have increased power if it wanted to, but that's not the direction they wanted to go.
Sponsored

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Exactly what I was thinking. You may see another version of the Gen3 with something improved but Ford is not about to invest into a new engine for likely the last ICE generation we'll see. I think we have hit a performance high with the 5.0 and its output with Gen3 which is why I think the next one will be a slight bump if anything. I hope I'm wrong but with everything going on today and the recent "editions" being released, I am a bit skeptical.
I was really hoping with that last run with the coyote in the S550, Ford would release a factory flex fuel option. Think it would have really sold about of units.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I was really hoping with that last run with the coyote in the S550, Ford would release a factory flex fuel option. Think it would have really sold about of units.
You kind of forgot about that whole EPA thingy. Changing to flex fuel would require recertification.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Burt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
What's an example?
Brah really any of the navistar engines, especially the 6.4 lmfao 🤣. The 3 valves any of them basically didn’t last, a lot of money for alot of warranty work

the coyote will have one more generation i could see them getting 500hp and calling it a day

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Burt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I suspect there will be more of a "gen 3.5" than a Gen 4. It would likely be the Bullitt/Mach1 engine combined with the cylinder deactivation of the F-150 5.0. Maybe some other tiny tweaks, but not enough IMO to call it a proper "gen 4".
ford has made a habit of using the previous special edition cars engine modifications standard on the GT the next generation
2010 mustang was a bullitt
And the 2005 mustang used the mach 1 as a base line for performance testing

Sponsored

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
It's all nice and well being the only EV owner within a hundred-mile radius and having all the charging stations to yourself. But wait until everybody has an EV. A gas station can have, say, six fuel pumps, and each one can cater to ten customers per hour, give or take. An EV charger does one customer an hour. Will there be sixty ultra-high power chargers in every station to maintain the same rate?
Not everyone needs a charging station. If you have a garage you leave the house every morning with a full battery. Most EV drivers seldom charge on the road other than long trips.

It's a supply and demand issue. If there's demand for lots of charging stations, there will be lots of charging stations. Just like we have lots of gas stations today. Once upon a time there were no gas stations. You could get feed for your horse just about anywhere but not gas for the car. Demand eventually drove the expansion of the infrastructure.

Like it or not, the EV's are coming...and I don't like it. I also hate automatics, lane keeping, hill hold, and rev matching. Cup holders...now that was a damn good invention.

dave95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Don’t know if anyone has seen car and drivers article they uploaded today but apparently emissions standards have changed a bit and both the GT and Mach 1 have to lose 10 hp and 10 lb ft of torque to meet new emissions

Abyss512

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taggart
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp1
Are the emissions the confirmed reason? The article I read, that was their speculation. Wonder if they adjusted the manuals gear ratio to compensate? I have a 2020 gt pp1. And I’m not sure why I have a 5th gear.

dave95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
Are the emissions the confirmed reason? The article I read, that was their speculation. Wonder if they adjusted the manuals gear ratio to compensate? I have a 2020 gt pp1. And I’m not sure why I have a 5th gear.
Car and drivers article at least made it sound to be the definite reasoning behind the change in power . I have a 2021 mustang gt myself

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The fact is that we're all going to be driving electric cars in the near future.
ICE vehicles aren't going anywhere.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
We were talking about long trips.
We are not there yet, but we will. More mileage, faster, and more charging stations, updated electrical grid. It’s all coming. But that means a faster demise of our beloved ICE. Of course no one on this forum wants to hear this so distance is all we argue about.

ICE vehicles aren't going anywhere.
Brand new ones are. Used ICE cars will be around for much longer. That is until the profitability of producing gas drops and the price rises to a level that makes the cars unsustainable.
Sponsored