Sponsored

22 GT and Mach down 10hp… Is this true?

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
I certainly believe in "climate change" but our planet has been experiencing climate change since its inception. The naivety comes in when humans think they can somehow control this change, whether negatively or positively. There are a thousand uncontrolled variables included in so called climate change, yet apparently driving battery powered vehicles is going to make the difference. We all want the same thing: clean air, clean water, good food, etc. The thing is, we can accomplish that without changing our lifestyles. In fact, we pretty much already have.
Greta-Thunberg-How-Dare-You.gif
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I haven’t read this entire thread but I think Ford is being short sighted on this. There’s likely no way I’d notice the 10 HP loss and I probably wouldn’t notice 20. But that’s not the point. It’s 100% mental. There is no chance I’d buy a 2022 with a lower HP rating than a 2021 or my 2020. Am I a little CDO? You bet, and watch and see what happens to desirability (and likely prices) on the 460 HP models.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I think it's great. With any luck, the S650 will have even less. That will make my '21 worth more when it goes up for auction at Barrett Jackson. :party: :rockon:

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
EVs and charging stations will NEVER be “practical”. You tell me how people in the city, who live in condos and apartments that in some instances do not have indoor, parking garages or covered parking will be able to charge their Ev’s….

HOW. Answer the HOW.

Will there be massive amounts of extension cords hanging out windows snaking over parking lots to EV’s?

I mean let’s get damn real about it - EVs will not ever be as practical as an ICE powered vehicle, period.

The first massive storm that rolls through and knocks out power grids for days OR massive floods that will totally destroy ANY free standing charging station from being operational ever again - will interrupt ANY EV Owner’s LIFE.

Imagine Police, Fire, EMT, Towing and Utility Co’s that think it’s great converting to EV, only to be stuck DEAD when a massive power outage and/or flood affects their region.

Good luck trying to get critical needs patients to Hospitals with EV Ambulances that will be immobile due to no way to charge when needed during or after a major storm event… or power grid failure due to “X”.

Everyone (Govt push and forcing Auto Manufacturers into “play or pay”) has their heads stuck so far up their asses with this “EV” movement - without seeing the big picture. The damage being done to the earth by way of mining the necessary materials for massive battery packs, excessive wiring needed for motor windings, to the absolute resulting pollution from dead EVs will be far greater than keeping ICE as is, as it has been for the last 100+ years.

Practical…🤨😀😄😁😆😅😂🤣🤪
Liberals dont care about the earth, only their agenda. Well in a way that totally plays a role in their thinking with climate change, but to add to the point. All the oil and gas/diesel to power those charging stations

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I think it's great. With any luck, the S650 will have even less. That will make my '21 worth more when it goes up for auction at Barrett Jackson. :party: :rockon:
I just see it as another year of not being outshined by a new mustang model lol. Imagine having bought the 2010 MY GT when the coyote made it's debut in 2011

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Liberals dont care about the earth, only their agenda. Well in a way that totally plays a role in their thinking with climate change, but to add to the point. All the oil and gas/diesel to power those charging stations
I disagree, the rank and file everyday hemp clothes wearing, Prius driving, national park hiking liberal cares about the environment, because he believes the lies of power hungry, super rich elites told through an agenda oriented bias media.

Most power plants are coal fired and coal is supposed to be the second most evil fuel source.
If they were really concerned about saving the planet from a non existent crisis, they would be screaming for nuclear power plants. But that's the MOST evil source of power. Even if it is the cleanest. So they stay quiet because the leaders of the liberals don't want us to have that kind of energy independence.

Now I could go on, but then nobody would bother to read a long ramble, and DAMN IT, I said I would stay away from politics on this forum and here I am on the edge of going full conservative on ya'll.

Now get back to finding those 10 lost horses, before I tell you about all those lost horses back in the mid 70's, why they were lost, and what good it didn't do.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I just see it as another year of not being outshined by a new mustang model lol. Imagine having bought the 2010 MY GT when the coyote made it's debut in 2011
That's almost funny. I started looking at the 4.6L Mustangs and ignored the 5.0's. My police car was a 92 Crown Vic with a 4.6L at the time, and it ran like a scalded cat. I figured the lighter Mustang GT with a 4.6 had to be bad ass. Good thing I took my time and did my research.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
So no one has found out why Ford can not make more horsepower by making the 5.0 engine more efficient and thus emit less bad emissions.

Sponsored

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
I haven’t read this entire thread but I think Ford is being short sighted on this. There’s likely no way I’d notice the 10 HP loss and I probably wouldn’t notice 20. But that’s not the point. It’s 100% mental. There is no chance I’d buy a 2022 with a lower HP rating than a 2021 or my 2020. Am I a little CDO? You bet, and watch and see what happens to desirability (and likely prices) on the 460 HP models.
I agree. The modern Mustang is full of theater and drama, from the loud cold start to the little Mustang Ponys projected under the mirrors, to the lit door sills, to the changeable ambient lighting to the four exhaust tips, to the variable exhaust sound, to the "ground speed" on the speedometer.

So yeah, even 10 less horsepower, even if it makes no real difference, is going to be a problem. Ford added more drama when the 2018 refresh came out but showing the speedometer with a "460" displayed, which just barely one upped the Camaro's HP. With a deduction of 10, the Mustang will have less than the Camaro again.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
So no one has found out why Ford can not make more horsepower by making the 5.0 engine more efficient and thus emit less bad emissions.
Based on everything I’ve read the current Coyote has already reached its limits. As far as emissions the bar keeps getting raised. At some point our high horsepower V8’s will not be able to keep up. So enjoy the Coyote as it will most likely be the end of its kind.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I, for one, agree. It's a car guy thing.

Case in point, I'm currently on the hunt for the right '86 SVO. But why you ask, there's three model years to choose from. Because the '86 had the highest HP rating of the three. End of story.

In addition to emissions, I wonder if it's also some stupidity on Ford's part so the Mock-E trumps the best NA ICE Mustang in power rating....

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Absolutely nothing. They’re Mustangs not Ferrari’s.
You may want to re evaluate. Using the Oldsmobile 442 as an example. Peak year 1970. 1971 and 1972,
less HP due to new emissions resulted in value drop according to Hagerty. Same scenario. I think we know 442 wasn’t a Ferrari either. More examples follow in the history and values of the Trans Am in the HP vs. emissions vs. value arena. Same with the 1970 vs.1971/72 GTO.

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Based on everything I’ve read the current Coyote has already reached its limits.
This is what I suspect, too. The third generation Coyote is one of the most technically advanced Otto engines in production today. 92 HP per liter (or even 96 for the Bullitt and Mach 1) is an astonishing figure for an aspirated engine. The 2021 Corvette does merely 79.
I'm not sure there's much room left for improvement with today's technology.
Sponsored