Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Might even make sense to trade a GT with the MT82 for one .
This is exactly what I did. When I was running the numbers, everything I would need to add onto my GTPP to make it on par with the HP Mach 1 plus the initial cost of my car would’ve ended up being almost as much as an HP Mach 1, it would all have to be paid for in cash, and I still would’ve lost my warranty. It just didn’t seem worth it to me

I also agree that buying the Mach with the A10 makes less sense, but it’s still an upgraded auto and the HP Mach is gonna be FAST with an auto both on track and in a straight line, so I can also understand why people would want to get that
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly what I did. When I was running the numbers, everything I would need to add onto my GTPP to make it on par with the HP Mach 1 plus the initial cost of my car would’ve ended up being almost as much as an HP Mach 1, it would all have to be paid for in cash, and I still would’ve lost my warranty. It just didn’t seem worth it to me

I also agree that buying the Mach with the A10 makes less sense, but it’s still an upgraded auto and the HP Mach is gonna be FAST with an auto both on track and in a straight line, so I can also understand why people would want to get that
One of the main reasons I bought the Mach was because I needed to switch to a automatic unfortunately as I do love rowing the gears.
But I have driven the 10-speed and it is so much faster than the sticks plus has the great rev matching and paddles for fun.
I do think this 10-speed will be noticeably better with all the cooling and extra HP for Ford performance to improve with.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
One of the main reasons I bought the Mach was because I needed to switch to a automatic unfortunately as I do love rowing the gears.
But I have driven the 10-speed and it is so much faster than the sticks plus has the great rev matching and paddles for fun.
I do think this 10-speed will be noticeably better with all the cooling and extra HP for Ford performance to improve with.
you need this
https://www.fathouseperformance.com...atform/2021mach1/package/mach-1000-twin-turbo
LoL

Sponsored

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
Except it might be cheaper to put a Tremec in a GT if you already own one .

I completely agree with the assertion that if you don’t already have a GT and want a manual then it’s a no brainer to pay the premium for the Tremec .

Might even make sense to trade a GT with the MT82 for one .

I think the automatic makes less sense .
still need the magna ride and the 3 extra cooling units , mach 1 heritage name, HP splitters and fin and those wheels. come on.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Easier to do this and keep your strut brace:

IMG_20200916_173722098.jpg

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wish we got that rearview in the Bullitt, this one looks clean, modern, essentially frameless, ours are so bulky.
How hard would that be to swap out? probably super simple, right?
There’s a thread that discusses this

IIRC, the frameless mirror uses a different plug type, so there’s some wiring that needs to be done for it to work. And I think the mirror itself is a pretty expensive item

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Very weird with the Bullitt. My 2019 had the thick frame but my 2018 has the frameless auto darkening mirror. It is a much nicer looking item.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
There’s a thread that discusses this

IIRC, the frameless mirror uses a different plug type, so there’s some wiring that needs to be done for it to work. And I think the mirror itself is a pretty expensive item
Do you remember the link or the search term by a chance?
I've put a self-dimming in my '18 Accord, was I think $250 for the part. I wonder, why would there be different wiring between different "trims" of one model? Probably got something to do with being powered off of lane keep from GTs, which the Bullitt doesn't have?

Very weird with the Bullitt. My 2019 had the thick frame but my 2018 has the frameless auto darkening mirror. It is a much nicer looking item.
Yes exactly! I am not going to lie, short of the buttons on the bottom, looks like the early 2000s GM self-dimming mirrors that have the OnStar and emergency buttons etc underneath.
Not a huge fan of it, I've really noticed how bulky it is on a recent long road trip, kind of feel like with frameless I could get a tad wider view field.
Can you post a picture of your 2018 model?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do you remember the link or the search term by a chance?
I've put a self-dimming in my '18 Accord, was I think $250 for the part. I wonder, why would there be different wiring between different "trims" of one model? Probably got something to do with being powered off of lane keep from GTs, which the Bullitt doesn't have
Yep, I’ve quoted it down below so you can jump to the post. You’re correct; it’s different because it’s only optioned with the safe and smart package, and therefore plugs in through that system

Yup you got it! Drinking Kona Brewing Co. — Castaway IPA this weekend.. will definitely need more beer doing the winter maintenance on the Duc. Valve job is a royal pain hah.

Welp I finished it up. After 30 minutes of searching I realized these connectors on both Ford and the Gentex (Mirror) sides change constantly between years and vehicles. Spent the $20 for the Ford service site access to grab these:
1.jpg

Basically only need 3 wires. Two for power. One for reverse (turns off auto dim so you can see to backup). The other two are temp or not used. NOTE: These are the vehicle connection side. You will have to mirror these to the mirror side.

Soldered the new connector and the mirror together and made it look clean.
2.jpg

3.jpg

The new mirror doesn't have a wire guide clip. Decided to just throw in some felt pads to hold the clip in place. Note: I went back and put black ones in to match as I'm slightly OCD.
4.jpg

Mount mirror. Run both calbes to map light area. Mount wire beauty guide.
IMG_20181230_192900.jpg

Wrapped in felt similar to OEM cables. Prevent any rattles.
IMG_20181230_193426.jpg

All done!
IMG_20181230_193551.jpg

IMG_20181230_193826.jpg

So is it worth it? Eh. Not too impressed with the interiors of these cars. And I don't want to mess with the warranty on the powertrain. So here I am.

Hopefully this helps someone!

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yep, I’ve quoted it down below so you can jump to the post. You’re correct; it’s different because it’s only optioned with the safe and smart package, and therefore plugs in through that system
Thanks a ton!
That mirror looks SO MUCH BETTER!!
Sponsored