Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I reiterate it's all about looking "aggressive" and I concurred that the Mach 1 HP checks the box. My issue is with non-hp trim which offers nothing as far as aesthetics go for such a hefty price tag and that the HP should've been the standard model for the price. That's it.
I agree, the Base Mach isn’t aggressive enough.......for me. And you. But many others like it. More non HP cars will be sold than HP equipped. It’s been some time since I priced a bullitt but the base Mach and bullitt seem pretty comparable to me and are they not priced about the same? I just think the price was so predictable and fits in exactly where any reasonable person would have expected. For the price it’s equipped pretty much exactly like I thought it would be. I also wonder if some of the increase in orders that are taking priority over dealer stock orders is due to the base car being a good value compared to the PP1 with its price increase this year.
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
right but they'd have to run that thru EPA certification assuming they could just copy/paste the ECU mappings which would not work anyway. So add fuel-injection map development to the cost of a dying car. The Bullitt configuration was already paid for.

Now if Ford faces reality (EV are going nowhere) and adds 4 more years to S550 lifespan, they could conceivably try to justify/recoup that expense but then they'd have to sell the 'Boss' for 4 years. Except after 2 years each of Bullitt and the Mach, there's nobody left to buy it for the likely stupid asking price. They've already priced themselves out of sales with the Mach, and that was produced on the cheap by recycling everything they could get their hands on.
Oh my god... I’ve said this before, so listen closely

MAKING THE ENGINE A 5.2 WOULD NOT ONLY BE ABSOLUTELY USELESS AND NON-BENEFICIAL, BUT IT WOULD ALSO REQUIRE EXTENSIVE R&D, CERTIFICATION, AND TESTING THAT CANT BE JUSTIFIED FOR A 1 1/2 YEAR RUN LIMITED EDITION CAR THAT ONLY COSTS $50K

I swear to god, some of y’all live in a god damn dream world
Good thing I am deaf - so yell all you want .
LOL... pretty sure most would not consider a 5.2 alluminator upgrade “useless “

First time I have heard you say it (Thanks for the info ) but would not be surprised if most people ignore what you say if you yell and throw around insults .

And it’s a $60K (not $50K) mustang with a run of the mill Gen 3 motor, a Tremec that can be bought all day for $2K and some bin parts...
... and I almost forgot ..a different front fascia/stickers , all for a $15K premium .

Enjoy 🤩

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Good thing I am deaf - so yell all you want .
LOL... pretty sure most would not consider a 5.2 alluminator upgrade “useless “
Anyone who knows anything beyond what the brochure tells them most certainly would consider it useless. That extra .2L of displacement will do just about nothing short of giving your fragile ego a little bump

First time I have heard you say it (Thanks for the info ) but would not be surprised if most people ignore what you say if you yell and throw around insults .
Maybe try having some thicker skin? If you don’t want to be called an idiot, be less of an idiot

And it’s a $60K (not $50K) mustang with a run of the mill Gen 3 motor, a Tremec that can be bought all day for $2K and some bin parts...
... and I almost forgot ..a different front fascia/stickers , all for a $15K premium .
Might want to recheck the numbers there... or, you know, you can just keep making them up (like most people who have a problem with the Mach 1 do)

Starting price is $51k, and it’s $2k more than a comparable GT PP. but hey, if you’re too dumb to realize that, then that’s not my problem. You can just miss out on an excellent car 🤷

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the base Mach and bullitt seem pretty comparable to me and are they not priced about the same
nope. 53.5K for the Bullitt with every option (MR, Recaro, Tech which included Nav and B&O as I recall). You're looking at 59.5k (6 more) for the same damn thing in 700A+Elite+Recaro+Nav+red caliper. There isn't remotely 6 grand of extra content. $1500-2000, sure.

Last edited:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Anyone who knows anything beyond what the brochure tells them most certainly would consider it useless. That extra .2L of displacement will do just about nothing short of giving your fragile ego a little bump

Maybe try having some thicker skin? If you don’t want to be called an idiot, be less of an idiot

Might want to recheck the numbers there... or, you know, you can just keep making them up (like most people who have a problem with the Mach 1 do)

Starting price is $51k, and it’s $2k more than a comparable GT PP. but hey, if you’re too dumb to realize that, then that’s not my problem. You can just miss out on an excellent car 🤷
LOL
Thicker skin ? I assure you need more than to survive in my profession .

lIdiot ? It’ would be hard to pass board certification exams being one .... bur ok “Jake from State Farm .”

miss out ?
LOL ... check my signature .
Based on what is in yours , I guess ANY S550 would be an upgrade .
The tremec is the only option I would consider an upgrade most cars with HP are going to sticker for close to $60k

... bur hey I am sure you would be happy to
pay $2K more for a “sticker upgrade “ only car .. as long as the sticker says “MACH 1“ ...

I wonder whose “fragile ego “ is looking for a bump ?
ED5D2A2D-4857-4394-A82C-888998259599.png

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
LOL
Thicker skin ? I assure you need more than to survive in my profession .

lIdiot ? It’ would be hard to pass board certification exams being one .... bur ok “Jake from State Farm .”
Man, all those words to tell me how smart you are, but can’t even read the window sticker you posted... crazy how it says “base price: $51,720”, huh?

miss out ?
LOL ... check my signature .
Man, I don’t even need to check your signature to know you’re a Shelby nerd lmao

Guess that explains the fragile ego

Based on what is in yours , I guess ANY S550 would be an upgrade .
I’ve already had an S550, but okay?

The tremec is the only option I would consider an upgrade
Cool? Well, anyone who isn’t an idiot would consider every other upgrade on the Mach 1 an “upgrade”

most cars with HP are going to sticker for close to $60k
“Most fully loaded cars are going for the price of a fully loaded car”

Okay lmao

... bur hey I am sure you would be happy to
pay $2K more for a “sticker upgrade “ only car .. as long as the sticker says “MACH 1“ ...
Reach harder, bud. Imagine being on a Mach 1 subforum and still being dumb enough to think the Mach 1 is a sticker package LMAO

I wonder whose “fragile ego “ is looking for a bump ?
Let’s see... you’re a Shelby owner who has no intention of buying a Mach 1, and you’re in a thread completely unrelated to Shelbys trying to convince everyone why the Mach 1 is bad

Man, this is a tough one 🤣

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man, all those words to tell me how smart you are, but can’t even read the window sticker you posted... crazy how it says “base price: $51,720”, huh?

Man, I don’t even need to check your signature to know you’re a Shelby nerd lmao

Guess that explains the fragile ego

I’ve already had an S550, but okay?

Cool? Well, anyone who isn’t an idiot would consider every other upgrade on the Mach 1 an “upgrade”

“Most fully loaded cars are going for the price of a fully loaded car”

Okay lmao

Reach harder, bud. Imagine being on a Mach 1 subforum and still being dumb enough to think the Mach 1 is a sticker package LMAO

Let’s see... you’re a Shelby owner who has no intention of buying a Mach 1, and you’re in a thread completely unrelated to Shelbys trying to convince everyone why the Mach 1 is bad

Man, this is a tough one 🤣
LOL - “trying to convince everyone “
by posting pictures of a Mach 1 - as I was offered on a thread about delivered cars and stating my opinion .
Yes , I own a Shelby, a far superior car to the Mach I and paid close to what the car I was offered “stickers” for .
I also also own a PPI GT ,similarly quipped to the $60k Mach I as I was offered , but which cost $15k less.

i guess it shows how smart you are noting the base price on the Mach is about $15K more than the base price on a GT - with the same engine .
But hey , enjoy your $15K Tremec upgrade.
I will keep enjoying mine without the downgrade .

I am out .

8C13B765-4FCF-47CE-8FE3-CA86551F2B83.png

A0880576-8DDC-4975-A058-380B8DCE104C.png

71CF573E-F910-4310-884C-B3B3017F4F75.png

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
nope. 53.5K for the Bullitt with every option (MR, Recaro, Tech which included Nav and B&O as I recall). You're looking at 59.5k (6 more) for the same damn thing in 700A+Elite+Recaro+Nav+red caliper. There isn't remotely 6 grand of extra content. $1500-2000, sure.
What would the bullitt cost had they carried it over to this model year? The PP1 cars jumped in price this year. They are closer in price than you are giving them credit. Not quite apples to apples to compare vehicle pricing from year to the next.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
LOL - “trying to convince everyone “
by posting pictures of a Mach 1 - as I was offered on a thread about delivered cars and stating my opinion .
Lmao yes, that’s all you’ve been doing here is posting pictures... Jesus, do you even think before you type something that dumb? :facepalm:

Yes , I own a Shelby, a far superior car to the Mach I and paid close to what the car I was offered “stickers” for .
Lmao you’re gonna be REAL mad when the Mach 1 runs faster lap times than that “far superior car”

I also also own a PPI GT ,similarly quipped to the $60k Mach I as I was offered , but which cost $15k less.
So, a worse car with less options for less money? Crazy how that works, huh?

Best part is, you’re still under the impression that a Mach 1 is $60k, so you’re really just trying to flex about owning a worse car for only $5k less 🤣

i guess it shows how smart you are noting the base price on the Mach is about $15K more than the base price on a GT - with the same engine .
But hey , enjoy your $15K Tremec upgrade.
I will keep enjoying mine without the downgrade .

I am out .

8C13B765-4FCF-47CE-8FE3-CA86551F2B83.png

A0880576-8DDC-4975-A058-380B8DCE104C.png
Lmao imagine trying to compare a base GT to a fucking Mach 1... and the best part is... you still insist that you’re NOT an idiot

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
The one thing that gets me is when people say “coyote engine carried over from the Bullit”. You guys understand it’s a gen 3 coyote with a 350 manifold. Lol. It’s not a different engine. Furthermore if you were to ever boost the car it’s little “difference“ in the engine completely goes away. You literally pop on the same exact blowers. I know most know this but seriously!, There’s nothing special about this car unless you get the tremec and the handling pack. In Auto trans it’s just a GT with trans and rear diff coolers and a sticker pack.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

mduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT M6 2018 Orange Fury, Mach 1 on order
What happend to this thread?
Did it get hijacked by russian trolls? (ironic, maybe to much but I am fed up with these stupid comments)

Is not the Mach 1 made in USA?
Be proud of what you are manufacturing, the Mustang is a dinosaur and one of it last kinds!

GT, GT350, GT500, Mach1, Bullit
Or any other special edition, does not make a difference..

Stop ranting!
We all bought our cars for a reason and we should all be available to enjoy it without people being just plain stupid and acting out.

This is s Mach1 thread and should be treated with the respect it deserves since it is made for us who has decided or are thinking about buying a Mach1

So lets bring it back to topic or close the section?

albanygt40

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dave
Vehicle(s)
82 Mustang, 70 Fastback, GT40 replica
Lmao yes, that’s all you’ve been doing here is posting pictures... Jesus, do you even think before you type something that dumb? :facepalm:

Lmao you’re gonna be REAL mad when the Mach 1 runs faster lap times than that “far superior car”

So, a worse car with less options for less money? Crazy how that works, huh?

Best part is, you’re still under the impression that a Mach 1 is $60k, so you’re really just trying to flex about owning a worse car for only $5k less 🤣

Lmao imagine trying to compare a base GT to a fucking Mach 1... and the best part is... you still insist that you’re NOT an idiot
Jaken ZX2 just shut the f#k up and let people have an opinion. People are allowed to not like a badge or think its bad value. Take a break from the screen and do something else for a few days

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
What happend to this thread?
Did it get hijacked by russian trolls? (ironic, maybe to much but I am fed up with these stupid comments)

Is not the Mach 1 made in USA?
Be proud of what you are manufacturing, the Mustang is a dinosaur and one of it last kinds!

GT, GT350, GT500, Mach1, Bullit
Or any other special edition, does not make a difference..

Stop ranting!
We all bought our cars for a reason and we should all be available to enjoy it without people being just plain stupid and acting out.

This is s Mach1 thread and should be treated with the respect it deserves since it is made for us who has decided or are thinking about buying a Mach1

So lets bring it back to topic or close the section?
Don't underestimate the power of social media. Remember the Sonic movie that came out and there was an enormous outcry over the aesthetics? Guess what, they listened and improved it. I'm not saying that's what Ford will do but people discussing their lethargic attempts, which by the way is tailored to exclusive clientele which is you, me, and others here, should be voiced as a valid concern. Afterall, they're in a business to make money. That's why Chevy did a whole 180 on the corvette to try and bring a younger demographic to increase their bottom line. The increasing costs on these cars is insane, especially a Mustang GT or Mach 1. That's not what the Mustang stands for, especially if you look at stagnant wages and financial crisis all across. So if they DO want to charge a premium for a specialty product, then make it special (and no, using parts from parts bin is not special for the prices they want, IMO).

Time will tell but we should allow people to dissect all aspects that most of us are in the market for. There's no "pride" here. We're all on the same side. Wouldn't you have liked it more if your Mach 1 had a customized performance steering wheel rather than the wimpy one they've been using on all trims?
Sponsored

Last edited: