Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Just a reminder.......

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...of-conduct-please-read-before-posting.118153/

3. Inter Model Bashing — The forum will not tolerate any bashing of another member's choice of vehicle, options/equipment, modifications, stock vs. non stock etc. Respect for all models and model years (EcoBoost, V6, GT, GT350, 2015-17, 2018+, etc) is expected of all members. Posting in a thread or section related to a specific trim/model/model year vehicle for the sole purpose of bashing the vehicle will not be tolerated on the forums.
yeah, part of why I joined this forum, just for the sake of loving Mustangs, of all breeds. My first Mustang was a 76 Mustang II Ghia with a V8, ffs....but I loved it anyway. I've wanted a Mach1 since I was 10 years old, and now I have a chance and am at a place in my life to afford it. I absolutely love the look of the HP model and can't wait till it's in my garage
Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So your point is what exactly? The +3k paper price over GT covers improved parts, different look and premium for limited edition. Is it too much for you to pay? Then don't buy it, especially if you have GT350. For the rest of us Mach 1 has plenty of visual and hardware differences over GT and if we like them, we buy it.
Maybe you're a visual person.

1614198462941.png

1614198546672.png

If I didn't swap my PP2 spoiler and euro lights, the cars would look identical. That's not okay by my standards especially as new and special edition. I understand this is fine to many but to me and for my money, I want something different and unique.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Did previous Mach's get anything special on the steering wheel?
Nope. Not my point. That Ford can't be consistent across special editions is. That's all, FFS. It's a detail I'd be glad to have if I were forking over the dough, and it wouldn't have been a big deal for them to do.

They'll be great cars....

Sponsored

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Nope. Not my point. That Ford can't be consistent across special editions is. That's all, FFS. It's a detail I'd be glad to have if I were forking over the dough, and it wouldn't have been a big deal for them to do.
This. The GT500 rear valance isn't specific to Mach. And just for the record, no one is bashing anyone's choice in cars or model. I'm just venting towards Ford's mediocarty. We should expect better from the manufactures and if we don't voice our frustrations, they will continue to pump mediocre quality work.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)

They'll be great cars....
with respect though, isn't the fact that there is no special 2021 Mach 1 steering wheel being consistent with past Mach 1 models? Just trying to understand your point. To me, if they had done that someone would have complained about there being too MANY Mach1 badges. All past ones have only the Pony on the steering wheel, I believe.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
First line on wikipedia for Mach 1 says: "The Ford Mustang Mach 1 is a performance-oriented option package of the Ford Mustang", it actually has two levels here, standard and HP package. It basically is maxed out GT with different front, some homage decalls and badges, and bunch of (non-visible) improvements for track handling. S550 already looks gorgeous, no need to re-do sideline or rear to make it look differently. Bullitt had different fascia only too but it was more distinct difference in the colour than anything :) The whole is sum of parts. The differences are many.

BTR75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (FJG)
with respect though, isn't the fact that there is no special 2021 Mach 1 steering wheel being consistent with past Mach 1 models? Just trying to understand your point. To me, if they had done that someone would have complained about there being too MANY Mach1 badges. All past ones have only the Pony on the steering wheel, I believe.
I'm on that train, at some point there are too many badges on a car and it starts to look tacky. I'm behind the wheel, I know what it is, that's all that matters in the end.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
How long until people buy the oem mach1 bumpers for their 18+. I give it a year max.

Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)

1614198462941.png

1614198546672.png

If I didn't swap my PP2 spoiler and euro lights, the cars would look identical. That's not okay by my standards especially as new and special edition. I understand this is fine to many but to me and for my money, I want something different and unique.
Beautiful car by the way, but couldnt' it be argued that all the Mustang models are visually similar except for some differentiation in grills, rear fascia's spoilers, splitters etc? I wasn't lucky enough to be able to buy a PP2 at the time, so now that they are no longer available brand new, I'm happy that the Mach 1 has those parts that made the PP2 visually unique.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
It was a YUGE miss on Ford's part (backed up by financial numbers too). The original bullitt is STILL more aggressive and aesthetically better looking than the new gen. Big miss. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mach 1 #'s from Ford will be below Bullitt's. Aggressive sells. GT350 had both.

And I stated earlier, I trully like the handing pack "Mach 1" but it should've been the standard version.
I believe the Mach1 trim is going to sell very well, especially when compared to the Bullitt. This car was meant to bridge the gap between the Mustang GT and the Mustang GT500. And I believe it does that well.

I get that the Bullitt editions have their place in mustang history, but let's be real, outside of the auto enthusiast crowd, very few people are even aware of the movie/car it was a tribute to. The car in that movie was a Dark Highland Green 1968 Mustang GT w a 390V8 and a 4-speed manual. It did not have any special badges, bodywork, steering wheel center or anything else that differentiated it from any other 1968 Mustang GT fastback. That is why the S550 Bullitt remains understated; it was intentionally designed that way.

This Mach1 is a different design study in every way and, despite having a Coyote engine carried over from the Bullitt, it is an upgrade in almost every way. Better suspension, better aero, more cooling, etc.

Personally, I believe Ford Performance hit the mark and feel bad for those who feel the trim level is a letdown.

Fordified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several Mustangs thru the years
In the end, whether we like or dislike the new Mach 1 (or any other Mustang that Ford produced), Ford is still going ahead with production. People will either buy it or not, and that will be the true indicator of how well it will be received by potential customers.
Personally, I'm just glad that Ford is making the Mach 1 that offers such a fine level of performance. I think we've been spoiled by just how good these cars really are.
These are still good days that may soon come to an end.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Literally the same things I've had on my car for 2 years? Genius and groundbreaking innovation. And all those "updates" cost Ford $500.
I mean, I don’t know what more you want. You can modify even a standard Ecoboost to look like a GT350 or GT500 with relative ease. What’s the difference there?

It was a YUGE miss on Ford's part (backed up by financial numbers too). The original bullitt is STILL more aggressive and aesthetically better looking than the new gen.
The “original” Bullitt (and really, every single Bullitt since) has done less or just as much as the S550 to differentiate itself from the standard GT. It seems more like you just don’t understand the point of a Bullitt

Where the Bullitt was a real miss was solely in the fact that it was quite a bit more expensive than a standard GT even with that low amount of differentiation. The Mach offers significantly more than a similarly equipped GT for only $2k more

Big miss. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mach 1 #'s from Ford will be below Bullitt's. Aggressive sells. GT350 had both.
Yeah, you’re COMPLETELY wrong on this. The Mach 1 is already selling so well that Ford has restricted it to customer orders only. The Mach 1 is going to sell great

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

1614198462941.png

1614198546672.png

So tell me... if you instead added a GT350 diffuser and GT350 wheels and a GT350 spoiler, what exactly would be so different here?
Sponsored