Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Definitely my favorite color of the Mach 1. It's crazy how much different lighting conditions change the color appearance. But that's true of Bullitt DHG too.
I do see some filters on these pics tho too.

I do have to agree with the minority that are unimpressed with the Mach 1. Personally, appearance is everything to me when looking into a specialty vehicle. When you look at GT350, it looks mean and it differentiates itself from a regular GT. $55,000, I would expect something different than swapped badges and few decals.
I understand why people like it and why people don't. I think it kind of depends where you come from. If from a previous gen, it'll look awesome and updated. If comparing to GT or Bullitt, it's very similar (essentially identical to the Mach 1).

I type this as we are hauling on the highway in my Bullitt with wife driving. It kind of reminds me why I got this- the somewhat unique thing about the Bullitt and I reckon people getting the Mach 1 want some unique looks while still retaining the things that work so well on other S550 Mustangs and having a vehicle not too many people will have...

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It might look similar in pictures but irl there will be a quite big difference compared to a GT looks wise.

I remember when I was in the states in 2019! We were on the turnpike and my eyes caught a red car and from distance I could tell the stance of the car was not the same as regular GT as it was a PP2. We don't have the PP2s here in Sweden.

What am I trying to say is only the wheels on the PP2 makes big difference. Add to that Mach 1 can be had with quite aggressive wheels, different rear diffuser, tailpipes,
spoiler on the rear and the different front end with the grilles and the additional splitter the car will look very different compared to a regular GT

With that said the HP pkg is almost a must for me or I would retrofit some of the parts to a none HP

Last edited:

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
it looks the same as the Bullitt
It's not green, that's for sure :crackup: I'm glad it doesn't look diametrically different from GT. It's performance package on top of the GT, the driving qualities should be clear in first lap :)

I do like the "handling package" but I think that should've been standard
The HP wheels are nice but not really meant for normal driving. I'd fear I'd break the additional front splitter on some potholes here too. The rear spoiler would be cool, though, shouldn't be a problem to buy separately.

Last edited:

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
My dealer just got a 700a in with AP think there will be a lot of the FJG running around
E5CBAD9A-93BD-4F1D-9DCE-937BBE5E6B3E.jpeg
37C8B7DC-C882-4BD1-B172-F8F66A378412.jpeg
EDC4BFD4-F9F7-4F74-9C96-161850362C7A.jpeg
DC2D673F-F35E-43EB-BD3F-AF661BC7F72E.jpeg

Sponsored

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
My dealer in Byron GA will be getting one in within the next week or so. I ordered it but I won't be buying it. FJG 6 speed.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
What happened to the GT500 styled swing wing? I thought the Mach1s were getting that. Did they cancel that last minute?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
What happened to the GT500 styled swing wing? I thought the Mach1s were getting that. Did they cancel that last minute?
HP cars get it.

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
MPG difference from my previous 2020 GT Premium with a PP1, they add a $1,000.00 Gas Guzzler tax? Who comes up with where the tax start?

Attachments

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Who comes up with where the tax start?
your elected CONgress critters who then delegate it to the EPA or DoT.
2020 GT if built in 2019 duck the tax.

These built-in-2019 also get the PP1=$4000 package price instead of the 5 grand one. So if buying a MY2020 you can save $2000 just by locating an example that has been rotting on the lot since 2019.

Last edited:

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
your elected CONgress critters who then delegate it to the EPA or DoT.
2020 GT if built in 2019 duck the tax. These built-in-2019 also get the PP1=$4000 package price instead of the 5 grand one. So if buying a MY2020 you can save $2000 just by locating an example that has been rotting on the lot since 2019.
The Beatles said it best. šŸ˜‚
Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman
Should five per cent appear too small?
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm the taxman
Yeah, I'm the taxman

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Speaking for myself, I just donā€™t understand people that come in this sub forum and put down the Mach 1. Thereā€™s obviously a lot of us that are excited about the car. Thatā€™s great you have an opinion. The car has been in the public now for months, are you just now seeing it for the first time? I get back in October posting that it didnā€™t check all your boxes. What do you gain by doing it now? Other than stirring up the hornets nest of people that like the car. Thereā€™s many cars I donā€™t care for. I couldnā€™t imagine having the time to seek out a forum for them in order to post that I donā€™t really like the product.
The cars are slowly trickling into dealerships as we speak and you're surprised people have opinions on looks? They've literally had styling changes up until last month, changing the badging etc. I will never understand taking things personally over a car you own. Are people that insecure over their decisions that they cannot rationalize another member's input? Hell, I've seen people critique Ferrari's and Lambo's over styling let alone a mustang. You may be happy but I'm not since I had high expectations for this car (I would've purchased it in a heartbeat).

Ford was too lazy to even customize a steering wheel something even the Bullitt had. So much for details.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
You may be happy but I'm not since I had high expectations for this car (I would've purchased it in a heartbeat).
Ah yes, so we once again arrive at what Iā€™ve been saying for months... the problem isnā€™t the car, the problem is the unrealistic expectations people had for the car

I never once believed that the car was going to get a 5.2 or have any more than 500hp, and I was really expecting a bullitt with some stickers. I was so surprised and impressed when it came out that I sold the 2018 GT that I was planning on keeping for the rest of my life just to order a Mach 1

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Ford was too lazy to even customize a steering wheel something even the Bullitt had. So much for details.
I don't think it's unrealistic at all that it have the model specific steering wheel center that it deserves. I was actually surprised that it doesn't. I'm surprised they're even bothering with the dash badge.

Small details make all the difference when you're fleecing customers with your latest speshul edition, at least to me (I've had a few). To some it doesn't matter...but it should. Ford was apparently too busy fiddling with Easter eggs on the Mach-E to be bothered with this detail.

They did nail a nice exhaust note, I'll give them that.
Sponsored

Last edited: