Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
it's spelled 'market research' but I'm guessing they don't ever get a roomful of Mustang owners (current or past) but rather the CUV/Minivan public to weigh in. And ask them worthless questions like "if you want to buy a sporty sedan, would you buy this?"
The same group is obviously in charge of color choices as well.....
Sponsored

mduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT M6 2018 Orange Fury, Mach 1 on order
Why does Ford struggle so hard to make a car that doesn't look bland even in special edition form? The Shelby's truly stand out. The Mach 1 doesn't. It looks like a teenager bought a GT and threw catalog aesthetic parts at it. Just one guys opinion, but it's consistent with what Ford has done for a while now.
This comment.... wow!
Grow up and get some hair on your chest boy .)

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I vividly remember the introduction of the wild colors starting in 1969. Chartreuse green, Grabber blue, etc. And, with that came the crappy, plasticy interiors. Before that most cars had beautiful interiors including the Mustang. So, what you are seeing with the new Mach I is nothing new.

They always had bolder colors like balloons or popsicles. Mopar, Ford, Chevy, Pontiac, all of them. They even made the 1970 GTO Judge in pink and blue. Pink for girls and blue for boys.

With a little know fact that the GTO had cast iron connecting rods...

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I do have to agree with the minority that are unimpressed with the Mach 1. Personally, appearance is everything to me when looking into a specialty vehicle. When you look at GT350, it looks mean and it differentiates itself from a regular GT. The Mach 1 to me fails to deliver that factor. Lookswise, it looks the same as the Bullitt. I do like the "handling package" but I think that should've been standard and beefed up the track version more. If I'm paying over $55,000, I would expect something different than swapped badges and few decals.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I do have to agree with the minority that are unimpressed with the Mach 1. Personally, appearance is everything to me when looking into a specialty vehicle. When you look at GT350, it looks mean and it differentiates itself from a regular GT. The Mach 1 to me fails to deliver that factor. Look wise, It looks on par as the Bullitt. I do like the "handling package" but I think that should've been standard and beefed up the track version more. If I'm paying over $55,000, I would expect something different than swapped badges and few decals.
However, the differences between the Mach I and the GT350 trim level for trim level are about 8K the way I figure it. Then you add in the rev matching which the 350 doesn't have along with some of the other issues the 350 had and the price is logical.
The 350 has it's own look for sure, which is very cool. But, from speaking with shops that dealt with the 350, the VooDoo engine had it's own set of issues. The Coyote is tried and true to my thinking.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
When you look at GT350, it looks mean and it differentiates itself from a regular GT.
The GT350 is the best iteration of the S550 in terms of aesthetics, IMO.....

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
However, the differences between the Mach I and the GT350 trim level for trim level are about 8K the way I figure it. Then you add in the rev matching which the 350 doesn't have along with some of the other issues the 350 had and the price is logical.
The 350 has it's own look for sure, which is very cool. But, from speaking with shops that dealt with the 350, the VooDoo engine had it's own set of issues. The Coyote is tried and true to my thinking.
Of course, I'm not debating that. Aesthetically, I expected more. Hell, my rear end :giggle: looks the same as Mach 1 and I had it for almost 2 years now. The front? Eh. You think they could've been more creative to put out a banger.

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
Hell, my rear end :giggle: looks the same as Mach 1 and I had it for almost 2 years now.
So the same as the GT500 (which it is).

Design and looks are subjective and people are entitled to their opinions, but I do find it strange that people go out of their way to the Mach 1 section to make them.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So the same as the GT500 (which it is).

Design and looks are subjective and people are entitled to their opinions, but I do find it strange that people go out of their way to the Mach 1 section to make them.
And why not? I can voice my opinion and you have no idea if I'm in the market for Mach 1 or GT500. It's silly to take "pride" into a mass produced vehicle and not allow enthusiasts to express their viewpoints.

Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
And why not? I can voice my opinion and you have no idea if I'm in the market for Mach 1 or GT500. It's silly to take "pride" into a mass produced vehicle and not allow enthusiasts to express their viewpoints.
However there is a difference between expressing viewpoints and whining like a baby. I'm not saying you have done that but some people on this forum have. I would think people that are on the market for a Mach 1 or GT500 wouldn't complain about them or put it down if they're going to be spending 50 to $80,000. It's just not logical.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Speaking for myself, I just don’t understand people that come in this sub forum and put down the Mach 1. There’s obviously a lot of us that are excited about the car. That’s great you have an opinion. The car has been in the public now for months, are you just now seeing it for the first time? I get back in October posting that it didn’t check all your boxes. What do you gain by doing it now? Other than stirring up the hornets nest of people that like the car. There’s many cars I don’t care for. I couldn’t imagine having the time to seek out a forum for them in order to post that I don’t really like the product.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I would think people that are on the market for a Mach 1 or GT500 wouldn't complain about them or put it down if they're going to be spending 50 to $80,000. It's just not logical.
people buy cars for all kinds of irrational reasons. :)
Once I drive a Mach1 I may well upgrade my $35k GT by slapping the Tremec into my car.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I just don’t understand people that come in this sub forum and put down the Mach 1.
because nobody created a "Why I didn't/won't buy a Mach1" thread in the general section. :)
Paging Adam...

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Once I drive a Mach1 I may well upgrade my $35k GT by slapping the Tremec into my car.
If it were me, I'd go T56 or T6060 before the GT350/Mach box....
Sponsored