Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
From the knee pads it looks like this is a premium, the steering wheel doesn't seem to have the active cruise control buttons though. Does this mean that's not available on Mach 1's even though it has the radar sensors needed for pre-collision assisted braking already?
My dealer advised couldnt' get active cruise on Mach1 , something about the GT package it's based on doesn't include it..

What bikeman said , that's what it was:

For 2021 ACC is part of the Safe & Smart package along with Nav. On the Mach 1 S&S is not available and Nav is a standalone option. It seems ACC uses different sensors that did not fit the new bumper.

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
So how come we could be getting it? Or it’s just cause our ones are higher specc’d from factory?

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
It's bit weird that USA and Europe are not getting it and Australia would, that doesn't make much sense. The brochure printing error is more likely.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We have it standard on GT too, but not on Mach 1, our brochure specifically says that Mach 1 doesn't include ACC, rear parking sensors and front fog lights. Guess we'll wait and see. At least for me it's one thing I don't need at all. Maybe it's connected to the brake cooling vents not giving enough room for ACC sensors (and obviously fog lights). The missing rear parking sensors in the bumper are odd too since it's the same GT bumper, but at least it has a rear camera.

Last edited:

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
Huh. I automatically assumed the Machs would get a model-specific steering wheel center like the Bullitts and Shelbys. Way to sweat the details, Ford.
Me too. But then I thought maybe there isn’t enough room on the center of the wheel without making the emblem look to narrow. 🤔
And no sensors in the GT500 rear bumper either.
I never even noticed this until I went to back up. 😂😂 Although I did like the ACC feature on my GT it’s not something I really need.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wrote it wrongly, it has standard bumper, the diffuser is from GT500, but the bumper and sensors would be the same. So maybe it's some unit that does both ACC and rear sensors, some experts here may know better.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
These pics seriously have me questioning my color choice of silver..
Ditto. But, we will have to wait and see. Wait and wait....

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Huh. I automatically assumed the Machs would get a model-specific steering wheel center like the Bullitts and Shelbys. Way to sweat the details, Ford.
I never thought of that until you mentioned it, that truly sucks. I really liked the snake in my Shelbys reminded me just what I was paying for, and what I was driving.
Sponsored