Sponsored

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Bring your own ACM Additional Customer Markdown sticker -10,000
slap that on there and see what they say. Mother F Ford dealers and the ADM in the neck.
Ill never buy a car with ADM .
And that is your prerogative. There are many, including myself, that feel the same way in most cases. I did, however, pay a $5K ADM when I purchased by 2016 GT350R in January of 2016. That is what I agreed to with the dealer in the summer of 2015 when I ordered the car to my specs. The dealer held the line despite the crazy amounts they were getting for the R's at the time it was delivered, and I respected that.

Dealerships are in the business of making a profit, just like any other business. As a consumer, not paying an amount over the sticker price on a car is a personal decision. Not doing so does not make anyone morally superior to some one who does. One person might look at paying $5K over sticker for a car as throwing money away but that same person might not have any issue spending that same $5K on booze over the course of a year.

Personally, I have never had any interest in any BMW product and would never buy one no matter what sort of pricing incentive that was offered. The brand just does not appeal to me despite having some great performers throughout the years.

Last edited:

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
It is unfortunate that the manufacturer establishes a suggested retail price for the vehicle and that "suggested" price is the one that, in general, determines the vehicles original value and the same figure that the depreciation is calculated from. In contrast, the dealerships that actually sell it, establish a higher selling price that will NOT ultimately be reflected in the cars long term value. Something in that scheme doesn't seem quite, right...BUT it isn't breaking the law either.

Ultimately, the dealer/manufacturer own the car, so I guess they are entitled to ask what they want for it. Too bad there is a gap between the manufacturer and dealer in that regard. I'm sure the manufacturer could address this in their contracts with dealerships.

Sponsored

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
It is unfortunate that the manufacturer establishes a suggested retail price for the vehicle and that "suggested" price is the one that, in general, determines the vehicles original value and the same figure that the depreciation is calculated from. In contrast, the dealerships that actually sell it, establish a higher selling price that will NOT ultimately be reflected in the cars long term value. Something in that scheme doesn't seem quite, right...BUT it isn't breaking the law either.

Ultimately, the dealer/manufacturer own the car, so I guess they are entitled to ask what they want for it. Too bad there is a gap between the manufacturer and dealer in that regard. I'm sure the manufacturer could address this in their contracts with dealerships.
Dodge did it with the Demons, they told the dealers that if they charged over MSRP that they would pull future orders.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
And that is your prerogative. There are many, including myself, that feel the same way in most cases. I did, however, pay a $5K ADM when I purchased by 2016 GT350R in January of 2016. That is what I agreed to with the dealer in the summer of 2015 when I ordered the car to my specs. The dealer held the line despite the crazy amounts they were getting for the R's at the time it was delivered, and I respected that.

Dealerships are in the business of making a profit, just like any other business. As a consumer, not paying an amount over the sticker price on a car is a personal decision. Not doing so does not make anyone morally superior to some one who does. One person might look at paying $5K over sticker for a car as throwing money away but that same person might not have any issue spending that same $5K on booze over the course of a year.

Personally, I have never had any interest in any BMW product and would never buy one no matter what sort of pricing incentive that was offered. The brand just does not appeal to me despite having some great performers throughout the years.
I don't care if you paid ADM or don't like BMW, I think paying ADM is stupid and because people will pay it and justify it to themselves is the reason the dealers tack it on.

Never said you should buy BMW or people that don't pay ADM are superior in any way. Its your money do what you want with it. Enjoy

I'm not a BMW homer this is my first one. If they keep the front end grill design they just went to it will be my last as well, I got it because I wanted to get a Mach but I wont pay Ford dealers ADM for any car ever.

So far I really love it. Hope you love yours as well .

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Dodge did it with the Demons, they told the dealers that if they charged over MSRP that they would pull future orders.
Yep and Ford should do the same thing. Dealerships around here and their stupid ass ADM cost them a sale from me and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
I don't care if you paid ADM or don't like BMW, I think paying ADM is stupid and because people will pay it and justify it to themselves is the reason the dealers tack it on.

Never said you should buy BMW or people that don't pay ADM are superior in any way. Its your money do what you want with it. Enjoy

I'm not a BMW homer this is my first one. If they keep the front end grill design they just went to it will be my last as well, I got it because I wanted to get a Mach but I wont pay Ford dealers ADM for any car ever.

So far I really love it. Hope you love yours as well .
I did not even notice you drove a BMW until just now, so my opinion regarding BMW was not meant to be directed at you. As for getting a Mach 1 with no ADM, those deals can be made all day long if you shop around and are willing to travel a little bit to take delivery. Very few of those will be posted on this site, as what tends to get posted are only those that have an ADM attached, making it seem like the majority of dealers are asking above MSRP. Simply not true. And even if they are asking, most will come off it if they know you are serious about buying that day.

I think paying ADM is stupid and because people will pay it and justify it to themselves is the reason the dealers tack it on.
No dealers tack it on in an effort to increase their profits for an item they feel is in demand. stores throughout the country put ADM's on the newest XBox back around Christmas and sold every one they could make until the demand subsided. Cars are no different than any other product.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
No dealers tack it on in an effort to increase their profits for an item they feel is in demand. stores throughout the country put ADM's on the newest XBox back around Christmas and sold every one they could make until the demand subsided. Cars are no different than any other product.
Exactly. Try getting a most Rolex models at MSRP. Authorized Dealers will put you on a 1-2 year waitlist and the aftermarket will rip your eyeballs out. You think a $5K ADM for a $60K car is bad. How about a $5K markup on a $15K watch.

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Exactly. Try getting a most Rolex models at MSRP. Authorized Dealers will put you on a 1-2 year waitlist and the aftermarket will rip your eyeballs out. You think a $5K ADM for a $60K car is bad. How about a $5K markup on a $15K watch.
I like Breitling more and don't pay ADM on those either. Listen not trying to start drama. I just hate Ford dealers ADM. Its garbage and no spin or comparison justifies it to me. Pay all the ADM you want.

I realize I could have got a Mach if I call all over the country and fly somewhere etc...I would rather just get an M2 local and have fun with it. Maybe ill pick up a used Mach one day as a track car.

Again I'm a Mustang guy at heart (owned 5 of them so far) that bought an M2C because I don't want to FK with Ford dealers nonsense. I'm not a Biimer guy in here telling anyone the M2C is better or anything else. I don't care if people hate BMW in here, I hate ADM more.

I really like the Mach 1 and congrats to all who get one! See you on the road.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I like Breitling more and don't pay ADM on those either. Listen not trying to start drama. I just hate Ford dealers ADM. Its garbage and no spin or comparison justifies it to me. Pay all the ADM you want.

I realize I could have got a Mach if I call all over the country and fly somewhere etc...I would rather just get an M2 local and have fun with it. Maybe ill pick up a used Mach one day as a track car.

Again I'm a Mustang guy at heart (owned 5 of them so far) that bought an M2C because I don't want to FK with Ford dealers nonsense. I'm not a Biimer guy in here telling anyone the M2C is better or anything else. I don't care if people hate BMW in here, I hate ADM more.

I really like the Mach 1 and congrats to all who get one! See you on the road.
Talking about watches, if you like Regulators, check out Chronoswiss. They have some really nice watches. Met the CEO at a Watch Times Show in Manhattan, nice guy.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Talking about watches, if you like Regulators, check out Chronoswiss. They have some really nice watches. Met the CEO at a Watch Times Show in Manhattan, nice guy.
I have 2 Breitlings love them both but I find myself wearing my 200.00 Nixon battery watch the most. I guess having one you don't worry about banging into stuff makes it nicer as a daily. I also like supporting Nixon as they are a local SD company

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yep and Ford should do the same thing. Dealerships around here and their stupid ass ADM cost them a sale from me and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
I never understood the tradeoff of "milking one person for extra $5k" versus actually establishing a relationship with a customer and hoping they come back next time they have a need for a vehicle or they even positively recommend the dealer to friends and family.

I cannot imagine that the return on ADM is greater than building a relationship with potentially repeat customer.
Sponsored