Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm when you put it that way it looks like the Mach 1 is just a sticker package and nothing more. I’ll take one for the price a mustang gt and not a dollar more thank you
Your comment makes no sense?
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Your wrong
Front and rear is different
it's jut a bumper moulding. But ok sure, slight changes in some cheap plastic.
transmissions are different
cooling is different
Yup, but cost of goods is probably about $700 delta over MT82 on the trans and it's coolers. Diff cooler is about $500 wholesale. In any event straight off the GT350. Engineering effort, ZERO and already paid for back in '16-'20.
suspension is different
wheels are different
Nope, same stuff as on PP2 ang GT350. A cast wheel and as heavy as Ford makes them is very cheap to make.
and limited edition
It's not remotely 'limited' unless you think "we'll make as many as we can sell over the next 2 years", is somehow the new definition of the term. Yeah I think they'll sell more than 12,000 units (Bullitt production) over the next 2 years but this year will be slow - I'd say maybe 6. If the economy doesn't get in gear for 2022, the total units might not even make 10,000.

Last edited:

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I would've paid for something like this

1614212631953.png

1614212805101.png

1614213101951.gif

Last edited:

NC252

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dwayne
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro - 2020 GMC Denali HD - 2020 GT500
Get ready to be surprised then. The Mach will absolutely outsell the bullitt, provided another China virus doesn’t hit us and disrupt production too much. You would be a fool not to think so. The bullitt had to compete against the pp2 and Shelby. Mach doesn’t have those.
I completely agree. I was dead set on buying a MACH before finding a GT500. I get the history behind the BULLITT but I could not deal with the color. The MACH will give way to many people who want that special car without having to drop more coin on a GT500. And yes I think the MACH is special.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
The car at dealer definitely looks good in the fighter grey color but other than the stickers / painted calipers / wheels and exhaust tips (love them ) it did not look that much different from mine - with the steeda Q850 bumper .

inside It felt no different from sitting in mine with the Recaro seat except for the Tremec shifter .

For me it did really NOT have the “wow” factor ... that would keep me staring longingly at the GT 350 or GT500’s when they were in the showroom .
I did not find my self self “plotting “ about how I was going to get one when I left and got into my GT .
i think it’s too expensive at $60K which is $15k more than I payed for my fully loaded 18GT /premium/ PP1 with Recaro‘s 2 years ago .

That’s only few thousand less than I paid for my GT 350 in 2016 .
I understand it’s not a “Shelby “ but with the GT 350 out the picture I really think Ford should have put a NA/cross plane 5.2 - the 5.2 allumninator would have done nicely .and charged GT 350 prices ... I am sure there would be lot more takers .

For me (being a boost junkie) I would rather pay $20K more to get a bespoke 5.2 engine (with way stronger block /better heads ) , a $30K transmission”upgrade” and blower included ... and a lot more
Thats way more bang for buck .

Last edited:

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Even if they wanted to keep the 5.2 alluminator “exclusive “ to Ford performance or keep the DI , they could have just put the very much cheaper($3k less than GT350) Gen 3 heads on a 5.2 short block(the latest voodoo and predator blocks have the provisions For the extra knock sensors ) and still have had a “bespoke” engine in it .

...that’s what I am doing in my GT .

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
A 350r with a Mach 1 sticker on the side? That’s your example of how the current Mach 1 is too much of a parts bin car?
I reiterate it's all about looking "aggressive" and I concurred that the Mach 1 HP checks the box. My issue is with non-hp trim which offers nothing as far as aesthetics go for such a hefty price tag and that the HP should've been the standard model for the price. That's it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Even if they wanted to keep the 5.2 alluminator “exclusive “ to Ford performance or keep the DI , they could have just put the very much cheaper($3k less than GT350) Gen 3 heads on a 5.2 short block(the latest voodoo and predator blocks have the provisions For the extra knock sensors ) and still have had a “bespoke” engine in it .

...that’s what I am doing in my GT .
right but they'd have to run that thru EPA certification assuming they could just copy/paste the ECU mappings which would not work anyway. So add fuel-injection map development to the cost of a dying car. The Bullitt configuration was already paid for.

Now if Ford faces reality (ie. EV sales are going nowhere) and adds 4 more years to S550 lifespan, they could conceivably try to justify/recoup that expense but then they'd have to sell the 'Boss' for 4 years. Except after 2 years each of Bullitt and the Mach, there's nobody left to buy it for the likely stupid asking price. They've already priced themselves out of sales with the Mach, and that was produced on the cheap by recycling everything they could get their hands on.

Last edited:

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am a noob regarding all that so I have a few questions.

I confess I have no idea how EPA certification works but would they have to do all that for just an additional. .2 L of displacement?

That would be the only change from the Bullit if they kept the GT350 manifold ?

Why would they be adding the cost of DI If the ONLY change from the current Gen 3 coyote would be the extra displacement ?

And why not make the Mach I another 4 years ?
I am sure they would have no problems selling them especially with a “5.2 “ motor and the Tremec.

Not sure when the S650 drops but the “older” voodoo motor overlapped with the new Gen 3 coyote .
I assume the GT 500 is also going to overlap with the S650.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I reiterate it's all about looking "aggressive" and I concurred that the Mach 1 HP checks the box. My issue is with non-hp trim which offers nothing as far as aesthetics go for such a hefty price tag and that the HP should've been the standard model for the price. That's it.
I don’t agree. I think it depends on the color. Black is more “aggressive “
I do agree the HP package is also more aggressive but not practical for everyone.
And my last mustang appearance opinion is that the GT350 is the best looking mustang ever. The Mach is way better than 18-20 front but not as aggressive as I wish it could’ve been.
Something with the hood and vents maybe could change that.
Anyways, my 2cents

4CCCB3DB-F07D-40B4-AB54-DC32A10D59B7.png

C171E3F0-3963-4604-936A-006D6EF5B6C0.png

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Oh my god... I’ve said this before, so listen closely

MAKING THE ENGINE A 5.2 WOULD NOT ONLY BE ABSOLUTELY USELESS AND NON-BENEFICIAL, BUT IT WOULD ALSO REQUIRE EXTENSIVE R&D, CERTIFICATION, AND TESTING THAT CANT BE JUSTIFIED FOR A 1 1/2 YEAR RUN LIMITED EDITION CAR THAT ONLY COSTS $50K

I swear to god, some of y’all live in a god damn dream world

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I swear to god, I absolutely hate the idea of this car getting a shaker, but I wish Ford would’ve done it just so you idiots would shut up about it not “looking speshul enuf” because you’re too thick-skulled to see that the whole damn front fascia was revised

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I confess I have no idea how EPA certification works but would they have to do all that for just an additional. .2 L of displacement?
it's a "configuration" and as such it doesn't matter if 99.98% of the parts are the same, it's a distinct power unit and has to be certified as built and programmed.
Sponsored