Sponsored

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Ah yes, so we once again arrive at what I’ve been saying for months... the problem isn’t the car, the problem is the unrealistic expectations people had for the car

I never once believed that the car was going to get a 5.2 or have any more than 500hp, and I was really expecting a bullitt with some stickers. I was so surprised and impressed when it came out that I sold the 2018 GT that I was planning on keeping for the rest of my life just to order a Mach 1
I'm not even going there...I was fine with all that. But if you're slapping parts from a parts bin at least be somewhat original/creative aesthetically speaking. Give it that differentiating factor over other models. Ford thinks they can shove it down our throats and charge 8-10k more. I strongly believe that's why Bullitt wasn't as popular - it looked so bland. Lazy.
Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
I don't think it's unrealistic at all that it have the model specific steering wheel center that it deserves. I was actually surprised that it doesn't. I'm surprised they're even bothering with the dash badge.

Small details make all the difference when you're fleecing customers with your latest speshul edition, at least to me (I've had a few). To some it doesn't matter...but it should. Ford was apparently too busy fiddling with Easter eggs on the Mach-E to be bothered with this detail.

They did nail a nice exhaust note, I'll give them that.
can correct me if wrong, but I don't believe ANY other Mach1 got any special center cap on steering wheel previously either? So not sure why this one should have. Yes exhaust sounds fantastic. I'm happy with the dash plate and sill plates saying Mach 1. along with the badging on the outside, not gonna complain about none on steering., Dont think would have looked right anyway.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not even going there...I was fine with all that. But if you're slapping parts from a parts bin at least be somewhat original/creative aesthetically speaking. Give it that differentiating factor over other models. Ford thinks they can shove it down our throats and charge 8-10k more. I strongly believe that's why Bullitt wasn't as popular - it looked so bland. Lazy.
So an upgraded front fascia, splitter, spoiler, rear diffuser, and more aren’t differentiating enough? Sounds more like a personal problem... I think the way they designed the car was flawless

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I think there's plenty of "Mach 1" badges on it. Bullitt didn't have any exterior badges, maybe that's why they used the specific center cap.

So an upgraded front fascia, splitter, spoiler, rear diffuser, and more aren’t differentiating enough?
Don't bother, if they don't see the design differences and hardware upgrades and don't deem them worthy then you won't persuade them otherwise.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
I think there's plenty of "Mach 1" badges on it. Bullitt didn't have any exterior badges, maybe that's why they used the specific center cap.

Don't bother, if they don't see the design differences and hardware upgrades and don't deem them worthy then you won't persuade them otherwise.
agree 100% , but actually think the Bullitt did actually have one badge on the back of the car

Sponsored

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So an upgraded front fascia, splitter, spoiler, rear diffuser, and more aren’t differentiating enough? Sounds more like a personal problem... I think the way they designed the car was flawless
Literally the same things I've had on my car for 2 years? Genius and groundbreaking innovation. And all those "updates" cost Ford $500.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
The cars are slowly trickling into dealerships as we speak and you're surprised people have opinions on looks? They've literally had styling changes up until last month, changing the badging etc. I will never understand taking things personally over a car you own. Are people that insecure over their decisions that they cannot rationalize another member's input? Hell, I've seen people critique Ferrari's and Lambo's over styling let alone a mustang. You may be happy but I'm not since I had high expectations for this car (I would've purchased it in a heartbeat).

Ford was too lazy to even customize a steering wheel something even the Bullitt had. So much for details.
its not about insecurity or taking things personal so much as its annoying and weird that the car has been out for months and people are trickling in to a thread with their complaints. i'm questioning the point of that. i dont see the purpose it serves other than to get shit started that takes away from the discussion everyone else is trying to have.

Ah yes, so we once again arrive at what I’ve been saying for months... the problem isn’t the car, the problem is the unrealistic expectations people had for the car

I never once believed that the car was going to get a 5.2 or have any more than 500hp, and I was really expecting a bullitt with some stickers. I was so surprised and impressed when it came out that I sold the 2018 GT that I was planning on keeping for the rest of my life just to order a Mach 1
exactly right. this has been the problem since the car was unveiled. i want an N/A predator, gt350 brakes, unlimited options BUT i want it for the price of the bullitt! where did these expectations even come from? what other package that was based of the gt got all of the upgrades some were expecting here? and we have some saying its overpriced as is. there would have been riots on here had the mach 1 included all of those things and was priced at $70k

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, right. So one badge at the rear plus the chassis number inside. Mach 1 has it from all sides outside and chassis number badge inside. That's plenty for anyone to recognize it. Custom style display welcome screen for you to enjoy every drive too.

Literally the same things I've had on my car for 2 years? Genius and groundbreaking innovation. And all those "updates" cost Ford $500.
So your point is what exactly? The +3k paper price over GT covers improved parts, different look and premium for limited edition. Is it too much for you to pay? Then don't buy it, especially if you have GT350. For the rest of us Mach 1 has plenty of visual and hardware differences over GT and if we like them, we buy it.

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I strongly believe that's why Bullitt wasn't as popular - it looked so bland. Lazy.
if you think the bullitt was bland, you don't understand what they set out to do with that car. the whole point of it is to be understated and a tribute to a specific car from history.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
So it's fine that the Bullitt got the dash badge AND the steering wheel center, but it's cool that the Mach doesn't?

Got it.

Sponsored

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
if you think the bullitt was bland, you don't understand what they set out to do with that car. the whole point of it is to be understated and a tribute to a specific car from history.
It was a YUGE miss on Ford's part (backed up by financial numbers too). The original bullitt is STILL more aggressive and aesthetically better looking than the new gen. Big miss. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mach 1 #'s from Ford will be below Bullitt's. Aggressive sells. GT350 had both.

And I stated earlier, I trully like the handing pack "Mach 1" but it should've been the standard version.

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
Am I seeing things, or does the grill look very different on this , then from other photos we've seen? I'm very glad they matched the color with the lowers, but something about this looks very different
1614197817311.png

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was a YUGE miss on Ford's part (backed up by financial numbers too). The original bullitt is STILL more aggressive and aesthetically better looking than the new gen. Big miss. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mach 1 #'s from Ford will be below Bullitt's. Aggressive sells. GT350 had both.

And I stated earlier, I trully like the handing pack "Mach 1" but it should've been the standard version.
Get ready to be surprised then. The Mach will absolutely outsell the bullitt, provided another China virus doesn’t hit us and disrupt production too much. You would be a fool not to think so. The bullitt had to compete against the pp2 and Shelby. Mach doesn’t have those.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Just a reminder.......

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...of-conduct-please-read-before-posting.118153/

3. Inter Model Bashing — The forum will not tolerate any bashing of another member's choice of vehicle, options/equipment, modifications, stock vs. non stock etc. Respect for all models and model years (EcoBoost, V6, GT, GT350, 2015-17, 2018+, etc) is expected of all members. Posting in a thread or section related to a specific trim/model/model year vehicle for the sole purpose of bashing the vehicle will not be tolerated on the forums.

BTR75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (FJG)
So it's fine that the Bullitt got the dash badge AND the steering wheel center, but it's cool that the Mach doesn't?

Got it.
Did previous Mach's get anything special on the steering wheel?
Sponsored