Sponsored

21 Mustang GT Check Engine Light Under Hard Acceleration/Cornering and Low Fuel.

dkdariusz885

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Convertible
Hey guys, had a small and hopefully resolved issue come up on my new 2021 Mustang GT Convertible with under 1000 miles. Recently, had four people in the car and gave it a little gas, 4-5,000 RPM max into a corner and then for a few seconds, maybe 30 or less, my check engine light started flashing and then turned off. I only had about 20 miles of range/fuel at that moment.

The FordPass app messaged me minutes later stating that a warning light was triggered by a possible engine misfire or poor fuel condition. I did not feel or hear any possible engine misfire and would not have known anything happened if not for the flashing check engine light.

My thinking is that having been low on fuel and having accelerated hard into a corner, that perhaps the fuel pump or system felt it had less fuel available given the G forces moving fuel around and triggered the light which then turned off when I let off the gas. I did refuel the car after that and with some similar driving, did not have the light come back on the next few days. Well, it only flashes when I turn on the electrical/accessory power and not the gas engine and then turns off immediately when the gas engine is on.

Just today, I also received my monthly FordPass vehicle diagnostics report which showed no problems. Local Ford dealer said to have it checked out at next service if the light is gone now.

Has anyone here had a similar issue or have any thoughts about this? Let me know, thanks!

P.S. Car has been driven moderately hard as new, has not been redlined or abused much, lol.

-Dave
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I just had the same thing happen on my 21 Mach last night. Just filled the gas tank and was driving a little aggressively. It went away after 5 minutes. Nothing felt weird when driving. Code read the same when I looked in Ford Pass but now shows all good

OP
OP

dkdariusz885

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I just had the same thing happen on my 21 Mach last night. Just filled the gas tank and was driving a little aggressively. It went away after 5 minutes. Nothing felt weird when driving. Code read the same when I looked in Ford Pass but now shows all good
But for you it happened on a full tank?

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

dkdariusz885

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, maybe 10 minutes of driving after filling up.
Odd that both our cars are very new and I'm guessing probably share the same fuel system. I'm going in for oil change October 7 and will have them check the computer in more detail to see if it could have been anything else as well.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Odd that both our cars are very new and I'm guessing probably share the same fuel system. I'm going in for oil change October 7 and will have them check the computer in more detail to see if it could have been anything else as well.
Cool, let me know what they find.
I'd like to find a way to hook up my laptop or iphone to the ECU to read codes.
Researching now

OP
OP

dkdariusz885

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Cool, let me know what they find.
I'd like to find a way to hook up my laptop or iphone to the ECU to read codes.
Researching now
They have ECU code readers you can buy on Amazon, you just then have to research and find what the code means. Yes, I'll reply back with any significant update the dealer gives me.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
They have ECU code readers you can buy on Amazon, you just then have to research and find what the code means. Yes, I'll reply back with any significant update the dealer gives me.
OBDlink max+- $100
Seems legit

OP
OP

dkdariusz885

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
OBDlink max+- $100
Seems legit
So I had the car at the dealer last week and they basically said if the light came on temporarily and then off and has not come back since as in my case, not to worry about it. I showed the error message I got on the FordPass app and they said it could have been the low fuel issue but unless the light is on when the car is at the dealer, they can't check the history of codes from the OBD2 port. Whether this is true or not, I am unsure but I have not had problems since and plan on always keeping 1/4 in the tank as running low on fuel can stress the fuel pump.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Ok what happened is a well known issue. You were turning left so all the fuel went up and over the tanks saddle. so you were starving the engine of fuel for a few seconds. Once the fuel leveled out it was fine

Sponsored
OP
OP

dkdariusz885

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Ok what happened is a well known issue. You were turning left so all the fuel went up and over the tanks saddle. so you were starving the engine of fuel for a few seconds. Once the fuel leveled out it was fine
Seems to be the case.