2025 Model Year Wish List

zachavm

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester & Subaru Ascent
I know that we are still pretty early in the 2024 models getting out to dealerships and buyers, but I've been thinking about what the 2025 might bring and thought it would be fun to chat about. Also, maybe someone at Toyota sees this.

I'm throwing a lot out with my thoughts and I know many will say "you can't do that without driving up the price." That might be true, but this is also a brand new vehicle. Toyota had a TON of costs ramping up production. It wouldn't surprise me if they held features back in the initial model year to save money. Now with production established many of the variable costs should have been driven down which would add room for additional features.

Strong Want
  • Memory Seats - Honestly this is a deal breaker for me if they don't add it to the 2025. My wife and I are a foot apart in height and Memory Seats offer too much value for me to buy a car that does not have it. If it does not get added to the 2025, I'm looking elsewhere.
  • Rear Vents - Not a deal breaker, but honestly close. Oklahoma gets VERY hot in the summer and without rear vents I can't take the kids for more than a short trip. Honestly though I rarely would anyway.
Nice to Have
  • Power Folding Mirrors - Getting in and out of my 3rd car garage bay will be VERY tight and power folding mirrors would offer a lot of value for me.
  • Power Adjustable Steering Wheel - I saw that the new 4Runner has this. It is a small thing, but it would be nice if it tied to memory seats. If it doesn't tie to memory seats though I would rather not have it as manual adjustments are faster.
  • Rear Seat Armrest - Not sure why this is not already a feature. Seems pretty simple, adds minimal cost, and the new 4Runner has it.
  • Trim with Full Time 4WD & Off-Road Features - I would be happy if FT 4WD was added as an option to the TRD Off-Road, or an Off-Road package was available on the limited. Basically though it sucks that you can't get both full-time 4WD and off-road features like MTS, Crawl Control, and a locking rear diff. Full time 4WD makes a dramatic difference in bad weather conditions where you still can't turn on 4WD.
  • Nightshade package - The limited only comes chromed out. I'm not a fan of that look and wish I could get the top on-road trim without it.
  • Platinum Trim - It seems like if they actually added all these features it would make sense to add a platinum trim to the top. This would also give the blacked out look if there was not a nightshade option.
Sponsored

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma Limited, 2023 Wrangler 392, 23 X5 M50i
These are all nice wants but I think we are out of luck on most of them. The earliest you might see any sort of meaningful changes would likely be mid cycle refresh in 2027/8 MY.

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Says the guy with a 3 car garage

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500, Honda Pioneer 1000
I'll take the nightshade off-road with full time 4wd please.

Also air suspension. My current truck has bags that automatically level when the rear end gets loaded down.

More interior and exterior color options in canada - i mean WTF...

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
Power folding mirrors and memory seats would be amazing. My base model station wagon from 2015 has both of those things 🫠 At the very least it’d be nice to see Toyota put those in the halo trims next year then let it trickle into the lineup as an option over time.

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
What time of year does Toyota typically announce the changes for a new MY? I know different manufacturers have sightly different timelines on this?

I'm guessing they change the assembly line over in like October/november?

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
6 foot bed availability with all hybrid models
This might allow the battery to be stowed further back and reclaim the rear below seat storage. Honestly, the more we think about this "new" model, the less of an upgrade it seems to be....especially when you consider the prices.

StreeTaco

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD Pro
Sorry Dan, I don't get it? What part of your comment has to do with future Tacoma upgrades?
It has everything to do with it! Have you not realized that this is a Toyota Pick-Up and not a luxury car? Sure, those upgrades are so cool! But Damn! This will drive the pricing up even more. I know he worked his ass off for that third garage and I’m not knocking being in a position to afford those things,, but he’s listing off items that are not required to live, luxury items! The mirrors on the taco fold manually, why not just reach the f out and fold them yourself if it’s too tight in your itty bitty third garage bay. It’s Daniel by the way

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It has everything to do with it! Have you not realized that this is a Toyota Pick-Up and not a luxury car? Sure, those upgrades are so cool! But Damn! This will drive the pricing up even more. I know he worked his ass off for that third garage and I’m not knocking being in a position to afford those things,, but he’s listing off items that are not required to live, luxury items! The mirrors on the taco fold manually, why not just reach the f out and fold them yourself if it’s too tight in your itty bitty third garage bay. It’s Daniel by the way
I didnt list anything. I replied to the OP's post. Are you really that clueless? Try reading thoroughly before you run your mouth next time. By the way Dan, I have a 4 car garage. One of the bays is for my other toys smart ass.

ridetime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I'm most dismayed about the fuel tank capacity reduction.
Yes! My range is less than 300 miles. Pretty low for a modern vehicle.
Sponsored