Sponsored

2024 TRD Off Road Suspension - harsh / issue?

RFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off road (soon)
Do guys feel like your front suspension either bottoms out real fast/easy/maybe too harsh with no bump stomp or either rebounds to fast and sorta "clunks" at your feet.

Went over everything it all seems tight.
Sponsored

ldudiaz

First Name
Lisandro Diaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tacoma RTD Sport
I have the trd sport and I feel every bump there is. I definitely get the clunks. It is my first truck ever so I’m not sure if this a truck feel or the suspension doesn’t absorb the bumps real good

Rover Rover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD OR
Do guys feel like your front suspension either bottoms out real fast/easy/maybe too harsh with no bump stomp or either rebounds to fast and sorta "clunks" at your feet.

Went over everything it all seems tight.

Toyota went pretty conservative with the bump stops this time around, I’ve noticed it too. I’m no expert in suspension but you can easily feel it if you find an aggressive speed bump and hit it over 20mph. I also recall a video where one of the YouTubers was beating on their stock TRDOR and managed to damage the bump stop, mind you they could’ve been doing 65 mph on the trail, wasn’t sure what happened there. Furthermore, TRDJon also complained about the stock bump stops in a recent post on YT during his Moab trip, but had no issues beyond them just feeling too high.

OP
OP

RFish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off road (soon)
Ok so you guys with stock tires even feel this. I thought maybe the bigger 285 k03 were maybe too heavy for these shocks Er something.

bking

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
I have 10-Ply 33s and I think it rides pretty well. I think I hit a bump stop once when I hit a huge pot hold at 40mph. Nothing you need to worry about.
Sponsored