Sponsored

2024 Ford Mustang configurator is up, your thoughts?

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
they did knock 2500 off the performance pack. so thats nice.
Sponsored

jamus34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'23 Mach 1 (on order)
What kind of new performance car you hope to buy for $50K other than a Corolla GR, Golf R, or Civic Type R? (Without marks up)
I can’t quote the Golf but good luck finding a Type R or a GR for less than $55k for at least a year.
The ADMs are the main reason I went with a Mach 1

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I honestly really like the new Dark Horse quite a bit. I really still don't care much for the front end on these thing yet but I'm sure it will continue to grow on me. It is totally wild that the Dark Horse loaded without the carbon fiber wheels is over 72k. A GT500 was that much new without markup. I know that Granger will be able to do a bit cheaper than what the site shows if they continue doing just below invoice or invoice pricing but that's just to much for me to wanna spend on the new one.

Absolutely love all the interior changes and the new color on the car but I will not be trading in or even thinking about purchasing one of these right now or at least for awhile. I'm going to stick with my Mach 1 I think and just get a whipple in a year or 2.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I m happy I got my 2021 Mach 1 at a heavily discounted price and wouldn't want to deal with the s650 at this point. Between the price and the overall look and electronics I m not a fan yet.
Now the mid engine concept , interested .

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
The site isn't really working yet. Best to hold commenting until it is.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
waiting for the first S650 "My DH is ticking" thread.... you KNOW it's coming...

1680017655230.gif

or when that stuck-on double playpad gaming display goes blank... but maybe the Comcast/Microsoft typical scripted "unplug and reboot" will hopefully work to restore it.
----

Ok, I'm being sarcastic and outlandish with the above statements....

It's not to bash the DH or S650, but within this thread and many others over on S650, many die hard Mustang Enthusiasts are making the same comments with the decision not to buy an S650. That decision is being based on how it's nothing more than an overdressed S550 body shell, cabin and floor pan/chassis structure with a very poorly designed interior dash assembly.

When you have many Consumers who are true Mustang or Ford Enthusiasts pointing out the concerns or dislikes of the prototype and it's still just pushed over from Dev into Production anyway, I just don't think the buying base will be as large as past S550 sales.

Save $10k-$20k and let the first owner buy a DH and they take the depreciation hit. Some of the S650's may get dumped shortly after the owner finds out it's not what was expected OR they can't modify any PCM/module parameters due to all the locks placed by Ford.

Sure it's anyone's money and anyone's choice to buy XYZ, I don't disagree at all. However I don't find what S550 owners are posting about the S650 here or "there" to be offensive or appalling in the least. The expectation was a better and totally different design, a totally NEW Mustang. Not a puffed out S550 body shell with Camaro/Dodge likeness and an interior that has such a poorly designed and non-integrated dash cluster.

I'm wondering if the entire S550 dash assembly and center console could be swapped into the S650... now THAT would be much better than the current design.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
So I hated on this thing when it came out, but it's grown on me. I like the exterior updates but I think the Mach 1 will age a little better (they are really pretty close in styling as is, the S650 is just sharper-edged). Interior I wish was implemented better but the software looks cool. I hope they fix that next update, but they probably won't.

I don't see enough in the way of updates to buy one over my Mach 1 though. Maybe mid-cycle refresh will bring more to the table as this was arguably more minor of an update than the 2018 refresh.

The price increases are kind of nuts but that's a whole different story.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
.....it's nothing more than an overdressed S550 body shell, cabin and floor pan/chassis structure with a very poorly designed interior dash assembly.....
This is a real point for me.

Ford has a lot of gall to give the 2024+ cars a new generation nomenclature, as it's absolutely NOT a new car.

I guess the bright side is that we now have a very clear demarcation where Ford shit the bed like Amber Heard on a stomach full of laxatives and vodka.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Another thought............ I went to the BMW site and built an M2
The site isn't really working yet. Best to hold commenting until it is.
For Giggles, I went to the BMW site and spec'd an M2..... Very tempting offering and alternative. They are slowly making it less weird looking. I drove an E36 M3 for almost 20 years before I bought my 2020 Bullitt.... But Alas, I am looking at retirement, want to keep my car 10+ years and just not willing to put my wallet in peril for routine maintenance and servicing nevermind repairs.

I had my stint with high $$ Eurotrash, I'm sticking with my $45K ($52MSRP) Bullitt and $45K Tundra till I cant drive anymore (or I hit the lottery)

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dodd
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP1
Is there any word on the changes to the engine? Just minor or a new gen Coyote with a different block?

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
With all of Fords quality issues of late I’m happy to have a pretty good low mileage one with its few flaws that is a lot like brand new still.

I also think the touch screen stuff is dangerous just too much shit to fool with while driving.

I could buy 2 cars like mine for the price of the Dark Horse here in Canada. I just can’t justify that regardless of being able to afford it or not.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
the only thing that car has I want is the motor. that thing is badass.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2