Sponsored

2024 Ford Mustang configurator is up, your thoughts?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Built a Dark Horse Premium with only one option, handling package, MSRP of $67,960. Figure that is pretty comparable to my 2020 GT PP2 which had a MSRP of $52,665. (That I ended up getting for invoice end of summer 2020.) I noticed that the Dark Horse models say "Limited availability", so that tells me dealers will be adding markups to them also. Guess I will be keeping my PP2, don't think a Dark Horse is $15k better.

Doug
Your PP2 is an awesome car but not comparable to a Mach 1 or a Dark Horse. And as far as pricing, the world we live in today differs greatly from the one you bought your car in.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
The wheels come with the handling package which includes its own spoiler and version of MagneRide.

As far as the SS 1 LE, so what. It is what it is. People can buy whatever they want.
Which is stupid cause FORD is forcing you to buy what they deem "worthy"

Yep it is what it is:

2023 Camaro ZL1 6.2L SC

6-speed manual trans
Horsepower 650 hp @ 6,400 rpm
Torque 650 lb-ft @ 3,600 rpm

ZL1 1LE Extreme Track Performance Package
$7,500
Performance suspension with DSSV dampers
Red calipers
Satin Black hood wrap
Exposed carbon fiber weave hood insert
Exposed carbon fiber weave rear spoiler
Low-gloss Black outside rearview mirrors
Dark tail lamps
Front dive planes
Unique front splitter with lower DRL deleted
305/30R19 front and 325/30R19 rear, blackwall, summer-only tires
19" x 11" front and 19" x 12" rear low gloss Black-painted forged aluminum wheels
Rear fixed seat
Specific ratios when 6-speed manual transmission is ordered

rapid blue $325

Total MSRP
$77,890

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Built a Dark Horse Premium with only one option, handling package, MSRP of $67,960. Figure that is pretty comparable to my 2020 GT PP2 which had a MSRP of $52,665. (That I ended up getting for invoice end of summer 2020.) I noticed that the Dark Horse models say "Limited availability", so that tells me dealers will be adding markups to them also. Guess I will be keeping my PP2, don't think a Dark Horse is $15k better.

Doug
Same here, but I only paid $38,750 (+$199 doc fee) for my special order 2018 301A PP2 with AE and Recaros. To me, that’s pretty good value. $70K+ for a Mustang is cringe worthy. Hell, with a $1,200 FTB diff cooler, I bet I could stay in their rear view mirror.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Your PP2 is an awesome car but not comparable to a Mach 1 or a Dark Horse. And as far as pricing, the world we live in today differs greatly from the one you bought your car in.
I would have to disagree with this. The only thing the PP2 is really missing is the diff cooler. HP difference is minimal. And, the Getrag isn’t as bad as some people say. For the price difference, to me the PP2 is better value.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Which is stupid cause FORD is forcing you to buy what they deem "worthy"

Yep it is what it is:

2023 Camaro ZL1 6.2L SC

6-speed manual trans
Horsepower 650 hp @ 6,400 rpm
Torque 650 lb-ft @ 3,600 rpm

ZL1 1LE Extreme Track Performance Package
$7,500
Performance suspension with DSSV dampers
Red calipers
Satin Black hood wrap
Exposed carbon fiber weave hood insert
Exposed carbon fiber weave rear spoiler
Low-gloss Black outside rearview mirrors
Dark tail lamps
Front dive planes
Unique front splitter with lower DRL deleted
305/30R19 front and 325/30R19 rear, blackwall, summer-only tires
19" x 11" front and 19" x 12" rear low gloss Black-painted forged aluminum wheels
Rear fixed seat
Specific ratios when 6-speed manual transmission is ordered

rapid blue $325

Total MSRP
$77,890
Gotta admit, for the money I would take the ZL1 with the A10 any day of the week over a similarly priced Darkhorse. It is a badass ride. I will have close to 100k on my GT by the time I pay it off ... What the hell was I thinking!! :p

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't like the S650, and honestly the ONLY reason I don't is because of that front grille. Why does the plastic portion extend down so far into the bumper? Just doesn't look right.

With that said, this pretty much always happens. And then when people see them in person it grows on them. So we'll see.

As far as pricing, that's just the reality of dollars being worth like 2/3 of what they were when the S550 refresh launched. Not that much to do with Ford. Also, the Camaro is getting axed after next year so that doesn't really have any bearing on Ford's pricing either.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
the Camaro is getting axed after next year so that doesn't really have any bearing on Ford's pricing either.
Well chevy is investing almost 900000000$ into the next gen v8, the Camaro will be back.

As for pricing, as with everything else the Camaro went up significantly.

And I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Camaro has a better interior
than the new s650.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
When I bought my ‘68 GT it was just over $3k out the door. I just priced out a similarly optioned ‘24 and it was $50k. That price increase is insane, IM OUT!!
That 3000 in 1968 is worth about 26,000 in todays money. Not sure I can justify 50k more for a Dork Horse. 🤣

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
identical to mine, looks about $3500 more. Active exhaust is $1250 now lol...i think it was like $900 in 2021

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
I just built a non-premium Dark Horse HP for $67.1k. That’s Mach 1 HP pricing, not too bad at all. I would only order the premium if that was the only way to get the CF wheels
To be fair, I got my Mach 1 for a bit over $61k and it’s just about fully loaded. The price you gave is without the CF wheels which I believe adds another $5.5k or so? So like $11k more and fewer options on the car. Even if you don’t compare with the CF wheels since that wasn’t an option with the Mach 1, it’s still quite a bit more for comparable options. Also I think the CF wheels are just about the ugliest wheels I’ve ever seen lol, so I’d never even consider them, no offense to those who like them. Obviously some increase in price is expected as the cost of everything is just continuously going up, but for a car that honestly doesn’t seem like it would’ve taken that much development money since it appears as if many of the mechanical components are being carried over, or at least used as the base and then upgraded, it doesn’t seem to deserve such a big price increase. I think the more usual model year to model year price increase would’ve been more fitting rather than a price increase that reflects a true completely new generation.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
To be fair, I got my Mach 1 for a bit over $61k and it’s just about fully loaded. The price you gave is without the CF wheels which I believe adds another $5.5k or so? So like $11k more and fewer options on the car. Even if you don’t compare with the CF wheels since that wasn’t an option with the Mach 1, it’s still quite a bit more for comparable options. Also I think the CF wheels are just about the ugliest wheels I’ve ever seen lol, so I’d never even consider them, no offense to those who like them. Obviously some increase in price is expected as the cost of everything is just continuously going up, but for a car that honestly doesn’t seem like it would’ve taken that much development money since it appears as if many of the mechanical components are being carried over, or at least used as the base and then upgraded, it doesn’t seem to deserve such a big price increase. I think the more usual model year to model year price increase would’ve been more fitting rather than a price increase that reflects a true completely new generation.
Fair enough. There’s a couple of inbound 2023 M1HP’s somewhat close to me that have stickers of $69.5k and $69.8k. Pretty much loaded up premium trims so not an apples to apples comparison but the basis for my comment. Apples to apples trim comparison, yeah the DH will be a higher price (and probably more of a difference than it should be). I agree with your last comment, the S650 doesn’t feel like it’s worthy of a new gen price hike. I guess we’ll see what sales look like.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
I think the price of these S650's in Australia is going to be frightening myself . No surprise to see them >10% more than same specced S550 here and for a car that almost offers nothing extra . Those horrible screens with graphics made for teenagers . The exterior has grown on me a lot after seeing the Australian Supercar race a couple weeks back with first appearence of S650 but i still think the S550 looks more ' classic ' . If i couldnt have got the last of the S550 available here i would have waited for the 650's to start selling here and bought a '22/'23 low mileage used 550 as cheap as possible and have a lot of cash to spend on mods . I paid $77k for a new '23 and fair chance same spec GT in a '24 will be closer to $90k imo . I know thats going to be controversial . I can see the DH being close to $120k specced out as well

Re Aust pricing , use the US builder to spec a car . Multiply the US price by 1.5 . Add the 33% luxury car tax for anything over $74k , see what you get and thats still likely short of indicative driveaway pricing
ScreenShot1536.jpg

Last edited:

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Pricing not as bad as I was led to believe. MSRP on the MY24 is only a little over $1k more than the MSRP was on my MY22. But, my current model was heavily discounted. I don’t expect to see that for quite awhile with the new model.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Pricing not as bad as I was led to believe. MSRP on the MY24 is only a little over $1k more than the MSRP was on my MY22. But, my current model was heavily discounted. I don’t expect to see that for quite awhile with the new model.
after the new flash wears off and GM/dodge gets back into the market and the economy suffers enough to where people start picking up used highly discounted models instead of 70K mustangs I suspect ford may change their tune.

i would have an entirely different opinion if ford made the car a few hundred lbs lighter while making it cost more and uglier but i suspect it has only grown in mass.

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
And Ford *still* does not have a spare tire for the PP models. ;)
Sponsored