Sponsored

2024 Ford Mustang configurator is up, your thoughts?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
why are you being so negative? the guy has a point. furthermore, this site is already the 7G's site's cuck since it serves to just funnel users over there so adding more 650 garbage to the 550 area is just uncalled for.
I'm fine, just tired of hearing the same bitching over and over again. For those that do not like the S60 fine, that's OK. But rehashing the same comments over and over takes most of these threads totally off topic and does not allow those who want to use the thread for its intended purpose.

By the way I know this is the M6G forum which is exactly why I mentioned that OP should move this over to M7G.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
why are you being so negative? the guy has a point. furthermore, this site is already the 7G's site's cuck since it serves to just funnel users over there so adding more 650 garbage to the 550 area is just uncalled for.
Not to mention, the focus of my post was in reference to price and not the ugly.

Luckily I have thick, leathery, nearly reptilian skin.

Last edited:

R N M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ, 2013 BMW 535i
My build for Dark Horse came out to $76,355. This is same spec of Mach 1 with Handling Pack that I just took delivery of, so about $10k more!

I much prefer the more heritage styling of S550 vs new one and really not big fan of the Alibaba ipad gauge screen.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Things cost more now then in the past....WOW i can NOT believe it...that said

I just built a car similarly equipped to my 1991 GT and would you LOOK at the price increase....sorry Ford im out.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Its not fully functional, give it another day.

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
I'm fine, just tired of hearing the same bitching over and over again. For those that do not like the S60 fine, that's OK. But rehashing the same comments over and over takes most of these threads totally off topic and does not allow those who want to use the thread for its intended purpose.

By the way I know this is the M6G forum which is exactly why I mentioned that OP should move this over to M7G.
don't complain to people making reasonable observations instead of griping at the corporate shill administration that not only allow the 650 to bleed into our areas but give the new platform its own forum and direct traffic from this forum to that one.

this isn't a corvette forum. its a mustang forum. its not a foxbody forum, its a s550 forum.

this thing is very poorly run from an enthusiast perspective.

the desire to please everyone is what ruins forums but i expect that when this one is just a business.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
So $57K for the equivalent '24 GT versus my '15....

Sorry, Ford. Not seeing the value, even if some of the styling didn't make me cringe. It even looks worse in DH land, $70K+ is laughable.
Agreed.
Give me the poster car Farley talked about! The Mustang mid engine concept that's floating around here would be a start for 70,000. Like GM did with the C8.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Things cost more now then in the past....WOW i can NOT believe it...that said

I just built a car similarly equipped to my 1991 GT and would you LOOK at the price increase....sorry Ford im out.
Except said 1991 GT has a little less in common with the S650 than the S550. But you knew that....

Sponsored

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Agreed.
Give me the poster car Farley talked about! The Mustang mid engine concept that's floating around here would be a start for 70,000. Like GM did with the C8.
IMO a mid engine Mustang would be almost as bad as an electric one. While yes the performance of the C8 and its price point is impressive, I personally hate how it looks and would much prefer a C7 if I had to choose between them. That said, the corvette being less of a muscle car and more of a sports car, it can better get away with going mid engine. With the Mustang being a muscle car (well, technically a pony car) a mid engine set up just doesn't fit the vibe and aura of the car. I’m sure there are those that would disagree, but I just hope that never happens.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
This looks way better than the Transformer C8. Still has that Mustang muscle car look.

1679945649204.png

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
My build for Dark Horse came out to $76,355. This is same spec of Mach 1 with Handling Pack that I just took delivery of, so about $10k more!

I much prefer the more heritage styling of S550 vs new one and really not big fan of the Alibaba ipad gauge screen.
How did you get to $76,355? I just built a loaded DH without carbon fiber wheels of painted strip and only came up with $72,155 with D&H. Not all that much different than a loaded M1.

Cux211

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
22 f250 6.7 platinum tremor
I built a dark horse the way I’d want it and it landed at $70,860 so $4,700 more than the mach1 I have a deposit on which was $66,180 realistically not horrible but not great for a model year bump I guess my main issue is the stuck on iPad look I just don’t like that, everything else about the car I like especially the new gen4 coyote

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
This looks way better than the Transformer C8. Still has that Mustang muscle car look.

1679945649204.png
That is true, certainly looks better than the C8. But renders can be that way, unfortunately my guess would be that Ford would kind of mess it up if they did something as drastic as moving from front to mid engine. Besides the looks, the car’s characteristics would just be way different. Obviously there are advantages for performance when doing so, but I think it would lose a lot of the Mustang character that so many people love. Sure it’s that character that has given the car the reputation as a crowd killer lol, but I think a lot of people like how front engine, rear wheel drive cars feel. Again it’s all opinion, as many, maybe yourself included, would actually prefer how a mid engine Mustang would feel. But just me personally, I would 100% keep an older front engine Mustang over a newer mid engine one, if it were to be a thing. Plus, I’m just more of a fan of the styling with the engine up front. I like the long hood, and short rear as opposed to a short front end and and extended rear that is the case with mid engine cars.
Sponsored