• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 dead ?

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
Reading this stuff is frustrating and makes you wonder if this is progress and if manufacturers test this stuff before they let it loose on the buying publc...? I go to work once a week and the car sits for 6 days and there is no outlet to plug into...Sounds like an adventure not knowing if the car starts...LOL Or sometimes it sits for 6-8 weeks while going on vacation and my cars so far all started no problem without any need of charging replacing the AGM battery every 5 years !
Get used to it if you buy a new car. Everything is beta testing. Just like your cell, android, apple carplay, computer, streaming device etc. Car has a cellular modem, if it is behind on Ota updates probably going to have to catch up.
Sponsored

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
Honestly, Ford's system in this Mustang acts like it doesn't have enough RAM like a cheap tablet. We should all get an upgrade if this is the case and Ford just cheaped out and especially if these kind of issues keep popping up.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CamustangSS650
When you don't have OTA or a a cheap deployment system in place you put more effort in making sure the software works as intended.
In such a complex car, these glitches are no fun. What if it happens while driving?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Reading this stuff is frustrating and makes you wonder if this is progress and if manufacturers test this stuff before they let it loose on the buying publc...? I go to work once a week and the car sits for 6 days and there is no outlet to plug into...Sounds like an adventure not knowing if the car starts...LOL Or sometimes it sits for 6-8 weeks while going on vacation and my cars so far all started no problem without any need of charging replacing the AGM battery every 5 years !
This is another step on the path to forced ev usage. Get us used to complacency - oh, just reboot lets see if it happens again, again, again, ….Make us start dragging a cord around, frigging ice engine needs a battery and the darn thing isn’t smart enough to keep itself from Lemming off a cliff, might as well add an ac charger and cord so we can keep them topped off and rip roaring ready to rotate. Starting battery under the hood jump battery in the trunk with the inflator lift oh wait battery is dead, hand pump.

I recommend topping off the battery upon delivery (let it charge at least 24 hours) and keep a socket in a pocket so you can force a reboot (disconnect the negative lead from starting battery for 30+ seconds).
Sponsored