Sponsored

2023 Order Timing- What are you hearing on wait times?

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
The tires relative to shipping can be debated forever but there is no way Ford or these dealers are not going to deliver them as soon as possible after they arrive. Money talks. Simple as that. I cannot even imagine how hard someone would be laughing if they rolled into a dealership in January right after a snow storm and the dealer told them, nope Ford says I can’t sell this car because it’s too cold outside. Come on! Really?
Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I don't to be honest, I am getting the feeling the 6-9 month timeline is just a very conservative one approach as to calm customers' expectations. Now, I find myself very fortunate that we do not need a second vehicle right now and can wait (it's nice not to have a car payment).

As most have commented, I am guessing a Feb-March timeline.

The winter tyres discussion is fascinating to me. I almost want to poll the general forum to see how many customers with PP's have taken delivery of their vehicle. As this is my first time placing a custom order, as well as going with a car with summer tyres (Cars I have purchased tended to come with All-Seasons and I would just purchase a dedicated set of wheels + winter tyres, but that was before WFH).

Granger is only an hour and a half away from me. Debating whether to pay for shipping so it gets here in a pristine state and can properly PPF/Ceramic coat at one of the local shops, or drive there, swap winter tyres and just drive home (with a makeshift PPF to protect the paint as much as possible).

I will wait a few more months until it becomes a material decision, but am pretty excited either way! I really appreciate the S550s and want to get a last shot before new gen rolls over.
Yea they are probably just giving us a conservative estimate. I am over 9 hours from Granger. I think my dad and I will drive there with a trailer to pick up the car. I don`t want to drive it back either haha, plus it might be snowing in certain areas.

Sucks having to travel so far to pick up a mustang, but I am savings thousands on the deal. Plus it seems like they can for sure get me a S550. I guess its worth the time.

Damonfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
Does anyone know if it is possible to change color after being assigned a VIN and getting a scheduled production week?

Cleesj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium PP 401a 6MT MP
Does anyone know if it is possible to change color after being assigned a VIN and getting a scheduled production week?
Pretty certain that you're out of luck once the VIN is assigned

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Does anyone know if Ford offers any interest rate protection program for ordered mustangs? I will probably get my 2023 February or March but it appears the current rates expire end of this year.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Does anyone know if Ford offers any interest rate protection program for ordered mustangs? I will probably get my 2023 February or March but it appears the current rates expire end of this year.
I don’t think so. Will be interesting to see if they change their rates. They want people to finance with them so maybe they don’t touch them?

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I don’t think so. Will be interesting to see if they change their rates. They want people to finance with them so maybe they don’t touch them?
Seems that Ford currently has some good rates compared to other brands. I fear that could change next year.

WV millwright

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jackie
Vehicle(s)
2018 F 150 2017 Escape
According to Ford's website this morning, a 3.9% for 60 months is locked on most new orders ordered before December. It doesn't include the Mach 1 and some other high demand vehicles but GTs were not excluded

I just saw it this morning so not sure when they started it or if it includes already ordered vehicles.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
According to Ford's website this morning, a 3.9% for 60 months is locked on most new orders ordered before December. It doesn't include the Mach 1 and some other high demand vehicles but GTs were not excluded

I just saw it this morning so not sure when they started it or if it includes already ordered vehicles.
This is a good point. @Mspider i believe Ford classifies the financing as an incentive so you should be locked in and they should honor it at delivery. At least when I ordered mine, I was told I get the better of whatever was in place when I placed my order and what was available at delivery (ended up being the same for me). Might be worth a quick call to your dealer to confirm.

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT

This is a good point. @Mspider i believe Ford classifies the financing as an incentive so you should be locked in and they should honor it at delivery. At least when I ordered mine, I was told I get the better of whatever was in place when I placed my order and what was available at delivery (ended up being the same for me). Might be worth a quick call to your dealer to confirm.
That would be great.

Blue Flame Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 GT 401A Mischievous Purple
A little late since I don't get emails from ford but my dealer says my build date is 12/14 and est delivery is 12/31 (FL) as of last week the delivery estimate was 12/28.
Sponsored