Sponsored

2023 Order Timing- What are you hearing on wait times?

Blue Flame Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 GT 401A Mischievous Purple
That’s odd. Did they actually submit the order? Usually the confirmation email comes very shortly after the order is placed
I hope so. I've ordered countless vehicles from this dealer and haven't had any real problems so I'm not too worried about that. I know ford can be iffy with giving out emails.
Sponsored

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
For those new to the process, the following (from a knowledgeable person on Blue Oval Forum) explains the scheduling process. Could change, but still the way it has worked for some time.

For the week that they are doing scheduling:

Ford provides Dealers with a schedule for vehicle allocation each week on Monday mornings which shows how many vehicles of each model line that the Dealer has allocation for scheduling that week. That same weekly allocation report also includes information on any regional commodity issues or restrictions. On Monday afternoons, the Scheduling Toolbox Report is released which provides more detailed information on commodity issues and scheduling availability on a national basis. On Tuesday mornings, the AM Scheduling Preview Report is available to show Dealers which vehicle orders have been selected or previewed, on an initial basis, to be selected for scheduling that week. The same report is updated and available on Wednesday morning to show any changes based on commodity issues that may have changed.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Regional Scheduler issues a notice informing Dealers of the vehicle specifications available for scheduling for orders not already showing on the AM Preview Report. This provides Dealers with information on what vehicle specifications are available for scheduling should they have orders showing on the AM Preview Report that are not what the Dealer wants.

Ford generates what are called “SIMS Orders” each week which are Ford’s suggested orders based on commodity information available at the time. If a Dealer has vehicle allocation for scheduling that week and has no Dealer orders in the USOB or orders that don’t meet the commodity restrictions in place for that week, the scheduling system will default to trying to schedule SIMS (Smart Inventory Management System) orders if they meet any commodity restrictions in place. The SIMS orders are available to Dealers online Monday mornings and in print form on Tuesday mornings. Dealers can enter their own vehicle orders or change the Ford generated SIMS orders.

Ford Dealers earn vehicle scheduling allocation each month based on reported vehicle sales, current inventory, projected sales, etc. Each month, Dealers usually meet with their Ford Zone Manager to review the allocation offered for scheduling the following month. A Dealer can accept the suggested allocation per vehicle line or change their commitment. Should a Dealer want more allocation than offered for a vehicle line, they can submit a request for supplemental allocation which will be considered based on total allocation available and commitments from other Dealers in their Zone. There are times when Dealers accept less allocation than offered for a vehicle line which makes that allocation available to other Dealers that may be looking for additional inventory. At other times, a Dealer may want more allocation for a vehicle line than Ford has offered. A supplemental allocation request is how Dealers can get allocation for extra inventory.

A Dealer needs allocation each week for scheduling for each vehicle line. Even without allocation for a vehicle line, Ford is pretty good at trying to schedule retail orders even when a Dealer doesn’t have allocation that week. When a Dealer knows that they don’t have scheduling allocation, it’s always a good idea for them to provide the retail order information (Body Code & Order Number) to their Ford Zone Manager and the Regional Scheduler. The Regional Scheduler can reprioritize the retail order to priority code “01” which basically forces the Ford scheduling system to schedule the unit ASAP unless extreme commodity restrictions prevent the scheduling. When a Dealer doesn’t have allocation, the Ford Zone Manager may try to get the allocation from another Dealer that is willing to give up their allocation.

Ford scheduling is done on Thursday’s but at times scheduling may be carried over to Friday’s due to scheduling, commodity or other issues. Vehicle scheduling confirmations are available on Friday mornings for allocation scheduled on Thursday.

With only a few exceptions (Focus RS, EcoSport, Transit Connect) VIN numbers are generated at the time that an order is “Submitted to Plant” for scheduling. The initial scheduling information will show an order scheduled for a production week. Afterwards, the information will be updated to show production for a particular date. Along the process, the vehicle order status information will be updated along with the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) at the dealership.

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
For those new to the process, the following (from a knowledgeable person on Blue Oval Forum) explains the scheduling process. Could change, but still the way it has worked for some time.

For the week that they are doing scheduling:

Ford provides Dealers with a schedule for vehicle allocation each week on Monday mornings which shows how many vehicles of each model line that the Dealer has allocation for scheduling that week. That same weekly allocation report also includes information on any regional commodity issues or restrictions. On Monday afternoons, the Scheduling Toolbox Report is released which provides more detailed information on commodity issues and scheduling availability on a national basis. On Tuesday mornings, the AM Scheduling Preview Report is available to show Dealers which vehicle orders have been selected or previewed, on an initial basis, to be selected for scheduling that week. The same report is updated and available on Wednesday morning to show any changes based on commodity issues that may have changed.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Regional Scheduler issues a notice informing Dealers of the vehicle specifications available for scheduling for orders not already showing on the AM Preview Report. This provides Dealers with information on what vehicle specifications are available for scheduling should they have orders showing on the AM Preview Report that are not what the Dealer wants.

Ford generates what are called “SIMS Orders” each week which are Ford’s suggested orders based on commodity information available at the time. If a Dealer has vehicle allocation for scheduling that week and has no Dealer orders in the USOB or orders that don’t meet the commodity restrictions in place for that week, the scheduling system will default to trying to schedule SIMS (Smart Inventory Management System) orders if they meet any commodity restrictions in place. The SIMS orders are available to Dealers online Monday mornings and in print form on Tuesday mornings. Dealers can enter their own vehicle orders or change the Ford generated SIMS orders.

Ford Dealers earn vehicle scheduling allocation each month based on reported vehicle sales, current inventory, projected sales, etc. Each month, Dealers usually meet with their Ford Zone Manager to review the allocation offered for scheduling the following month. A Dealer can accept the suggested allocation per vehicle line or change their commitment. Should a Dealer want more allocation than offered for a vehicle line, they can submit a request for supplemental allocation which will be considered based on total allocation available and commitments from other Dealers in their Zone. There are times when Dealers accept less allocation than offered for a vehicle line which makes that allocation available to other Dealers that may be looking for additional inventory. At other times, a Dealer may want more allocation for a vehicle line than Ford has offered. A supplemental allocation request is how Dealers can get allocation for extra inventory.

A Dealer needs allocation each week for scheduling for each vehicle line. Even without allocation for a vehicle line, Ford is pretty good at trying to schedule retail orders even when a Dealer doesn’t have allocation that week. When a Dealer knows that they don’t have scheduling allocation, it’s always a good idea for them to provide the retail order information (Body Code & Order Number) to their Ford Zone Manager and the Regional Scheduler. The Regional Scheduler can reprioritize the retail order to priority code “01” which basically forces the Ford scheduling system to schedule the unit ASAP unless extreme commodity restrictions prevent the scheduling. When a Dealer doesn’t have allocation, the Ford Zone Manager may try to get the allocation from another Dealer that is willing to give up their allocation.

Ford scheduling is done on Thursday’s but at times scheduling may be carried over to Friday’s due to scheduling, commodity or other issues. Vehicle scheduling confirmations are available on Friday mornings for allocation scheduled on Thursday.

With only a few exceptions (Focus RS, EcoSport, Transit Connect) VIN numbers are generated at the time that an order is “Submitted to Plant” for scheduling. The initial scheduling information will show an order scheduled for a production week. Afterwards, the information will be updated to show production for a particular date. Along the process, the vehicle order status information will be updated along with the ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival) at the dealership.
Way too much info for my meager brain! LOL.😱😱 The movie Jerry McGuire immediately came to mind as soon as I saw this. “SHOW ME THE SCHEDULE The only good news I received this week was that my order is in preview. So hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for refreshing my memory on this. Hopefully we will see the schedule today.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
1666444826787.jpeg

Sponsored

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
I ordered day one. Still have no confirmation email from Ford. Checked with dealer today and they have the correct email.
I’ve ordered numerous Fords including my 22 GT500 and have never got an email. My wife orders a car and gets an email go figure.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Yep, it’s a lot of info. Just seemed to be newer folks who were expecting to get good news on the first day of the scheduling week, which is not the way it works. Thus, unrealistic expectations and more disappointment. Hopefully with MY23 scheduling being done this week lots of folks will get some good news at the end of this week.
Way too much info for my meager brain! LOL.😱😱 The movie Jerry McGuire immediately came to mind as soon as I saw this. “SHOW ME THE SCHEDULE The only good news I received this week was that my order is in preview. So hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for refreshing my memory on this. Hopefully we will see the schedule today.

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Yep, it’s a lot of info. Just seemed to be newer folks who were expecting to get good news on the first day of the scheduling week, which is not the way it works. Thus, unrealistic expectations and more disappointment. Hopefully with MY23 scheduling being done this week lots of folks will get some good news at the end of this week.
Agreed. With this being a very short run there is no telling how scheduling will play out. In a full year run I would imagine the first few weeks of any scheduling would be to get dealer inventory out and on its way to their lots before addressing customer orders. But, in a short run like this with several of the MY22’s still on or in transit to dealers I would doubt they are going to worry about MY23’s going to dealers as inventory. Since they are identical to the MY22 most dealers don’t want them right away anyway. Just makes it harder for them to sell the 22’s they have.

Sponsored

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully there is somebody around that can explain how they are going to start production the week of 11/28 if Job#1 is not schedule now until 12/7. Both guidances coming today! LOL. Typical Ford FUBAR!

OP
OP
PhillyMike

PhillyMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2015 Dodge Durango RT
FWIW, I placed my order and got the email from Ford confirming my order within 24 hours of confirming the DORA was correct at Chapman.

No further communication since then, as expected.

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
No further communication since then, as expected.
That’s one of the things that irritated me with Chapman. Placed an order with them 7/15 for a MY22. Didn’t have any communication from them until 10/10 telling me my order was not selected for production and soliciting a MY23 order.

On the other hand I placed an order with Ourisman on 9/22 and got an email on Friday from my rep telling me my order was in Preview, which is a good thing. With any luck I could get an email Thursday. Night and day difference between the two.

partswiz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape Titanium, 2022 Edge ST, 2022 GT CS
Just for comparison, I ordered a 401a CS/GT in mid March of 22 and it is expected at the dealership next week now in the end of October.
That is interesting as I ordered a 401A GT/CS in mid July and got it just last week. Go figure..