Sponsored

2023 Order Timing- What are you hearing on wait times?

inboundnebula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Inbound
Vehicle(s)
None
Ordered on 10/01 via Granger (GT Premium Convertible - 401A/PP/Magneride/AE/B&O). Received the standard confirmation email from FMC within the same day, and an email today (10/27) indicating it has been scheduled to be built on week of 12/12. First Custom order ever.

Granger salesperson provided a rough timeline estimate of 6-9 months until delivery. I am in no rush to be honest (sold my previous vehicle and have no immediate need), so ironically was kind of hoping it would be closer to the 9 months mark as long as it is a 2023 S550!

Say it gets built and shipper sooner, wondering how it would affect delivery since PP has summer tyres and it would most likely still be Winter.

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Same here. Ordered my 2023 GT premium on 10/7. Received this today:
YOUR VEHICLE IS SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION

Dear,

Big things are happening right now. We are excited to let you know your 2023 Mustang GT Fastback has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of December 12, 2022.

MISFITGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
23 GT Premium
Ordered on 10/01 via Granger (GT Premium Convertible - 401A/PP/Magneride/AE/B&O). Received the standard confirmation email from FMC within the same day, and an email today (10/27) indicating it has been scheduled to be built on week of 12/12. First Custom order ever.

Granger salesperson provided a rough timeline estimate of 6-9 months until delivery. I am in no rush to be honest (sold my previous vehicle and have no immediate need), so ironically was kind of hoping it would be closer to the 9 months mark as long as it is a 2023 S550!

Say it gets built and shipper sooner, wondering how it would affect delivery since PP has summer tyres and it would most likely still be Winter.
Now that it is scheduled for production, at most 2-3 months from today I bet you.

Also if you are driving it in the winter I would highly suggest getting all season tires.

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Now that it is scheduled for production, at most 2-3 months from today I bet you.

Also if you are driving it in the winter I would highly suggest getting all season tires.
I think it's more like 2-3 months from production date, actually. So if you get built in December, probably a Feb-March delivery. Don't forget the year end shutdown which will slightly delay things too

Sponsored

OP
OP
PhillyMike

PhillyMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2015 Dodge Durango RT
L

Congrats! Confirms that PP's are being built in December.

Have a GT Fastback 400A, PP, MR, AO order with Chapman a couple weeks ago.
Will see if I get a scheduling email in the next couple Thursdays.

Rather get it earlier than never, getting a set of 255/40/19 winters was always part of the plan, just might be doing in early '23 vs. late fall '23 as planned.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT

I also have a 2023 mustang Granger order being built in December. I didn`t even bother asking them how long it would take because I don`t care either.

Do you really think its a 6-9 month wait? My 2022 custom order took like 4 months.

I feel like if you have a December build you should get your car in February or March. Maybe I don`t understand how it works lol.

As far as summer tires go, these cars are loaded on to a trailer then shipped to dealership. Its really the customers problem I believe.

Last edited:

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
As far as summer tires go, these cars are loaded on to a trailer then shipped to dealership. Its really the customers problem I believe.
Yeah but I think Ford would rather not risk a(nother) lawsuit.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Yeah but I think Ford would rather not risk a(nother) lawsuit.
I get your point but I just do not believe that`s how it works. Plus think about all the other car manufactures that equip summer tires on certain cars. I know for a fact bought multiple cars brand new from dealerships in the middle of the winter here in Michigan.

I am expecting to take delivery of mine during the winter.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack

Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
If Ford can be held 99% liable after someone crossed a enter line and smashed a Mustang leading to the death of the Mustang driver, they could be sued for providing tires ill suited to the temps at time of delivery.

https://fordauthority.com/2022/05/f...bout-2014-ford-mustang-brake-fluid-reservoir/

My mustang is scheduled for production in December.

2 things will happen:

It gets built in December and sits on the lot at the factory until April or May. Right next to thousands of other mustangs with summer tires.

Or it gets built in December and ships out to the dealership as normal by January or February.

I guess time will tell. If Ford doesn`t deliver cars during the winter due to summer tires it will be the very first time ever I have heard of such thing.

Last edited:

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I believe the only cars Ford will not make or ship during the winter are ones with Cup 2 tires such as the mach 1 with handling package. Mustangs with the pilot sport 4S tires still get built/ shipped during winter months. You should be fine

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It’s my understanding that Ford can’t even get the Cup2’s during the winter months which is why the Mach 1 HP‘s (and the Shelby’s that came with the Cup2) aren’t produced from November thru February.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I believe the only cars Ford will not make or ship during the winter are ones with Cup 2 tires such as the mach 1 with handling package. Mustangs with the pilot sport 4S tires still get built/ shipped during winter months. You should be fine
right... it would be crazy to build a car and let it sit on a lot for months. If they cannot deliver the car in the winter they won`t build it. I am actually kind of surprised this is even being talked about. Every single mass produced car brand ships and sells car all throughout the year.

inboundnebula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Inbound
Vehicle(s)
None
I also have a 2023 mustang Granger order being built in December. I didn`t even bother asking them how long it would take because I don`t care either.

Do you really think its a 6-9 month wait? My 2022 custom order took like 4 months.

I feel like if you have a December build you should get your car in February or March. Maybe I don`t understand how it works lol.

I don't to be honest, I am getting the feeling the 6-9 month timeline is just a very conservative one approach as to calm customers' expectations. Now, I find myself very fortunate that we do not need a second vehicle right now and can wait (it's nice not to have a car payment).

As most have commented, I am guessing a Feb-March timeline.

The winter tyres discussion is fascinating to me. I almost want to poll the general forum to see how many customers with PP's have taken delivery of their vehicle. As this is my first time placing a custom order, as well as going with a car with summer tyres (Cars I have purchased tended to come with All-Seasons and I would just purchase a dedicated set of wheels + winter tyres, but that was before WFH).

Granger is only an hour and a half away from me. Debating whether to pay for shipping so it gets here in a pristine state and can properly PPF/Ceramic coat at one of the local shops, or drive there, swap winter tyres and just drive home (with a makeshift PPF to protect the paint as much as possible).

I will wait a few more months until it becomes a material decision, but am pretty excited either way! I really appreciate the S550s and want to get a last shot before new gen rolls over.
Sponsored