Sponsored

2023 New ZO6 Corvette 670 hp NA

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
How'd you react if a Focus owner said the new GT500 might be the first Mustang worth looking at but he's not giving up his focus! lol.
Now there's a man who understands handling and lightness is far better than all power and no handling.

But we'd still label him an apostate. It's just one of those things that's not negotiable.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 & 2021 C8 Z51
there's a man who understands handling and lightness is far better than all power and no handling.

But we'd still label him an apostate. It's just one of things things that's not negotiable.
So you're saying a focus is > a new GT500.

Got it. And thank you, sir, for the hearty laugh.

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Why do manufacturers make Flat Plane Crank Engines rev so high when they have inherent vibration issues ? Would appear to be more reasonable to make Cross Plane Crank engines that rev to 9000 RPM.
I love all the talk about vibration. Got "more" vibration on my C7 Corvette Z06, factory supercharged with 650 hp (upgraded to 710 hp), than my 2019 Shelby GT350. Actually, from a car guy perspective there is no excessive vibration on either car. Any additional vibration from a FPL engine is miniscule, even if one can feel it. A silly discussion, especially from a car enthusiast perspective.
I guess no one should ask me as I've always loved side pipes, whether on my 1965 Shelby GT350, or my 1969 Corvette Coupe L89 (aluminum heads) 427 cu. in. 435 hp.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I love all the talk about vibration. Got "more" vibration on my C7 Corvette Z06, factory supercharged with 650 hp (upgraded to 710 hp), than my 2019 Shelby GT350
there's good and bad vibrations.
The FPCs generally rev higher because the whole assembly is lighter and is much faster to rev. The bad harmonics are usually removed with a balance shaft or two - not uncommonly placed in the 'V'.

Ford chose to "ignore" physics when they designed their UDUD layout for stupid "feels" reasons. German and Italian engineers are every bit if not more smart than Americans, and UDDU was chosen by everybody for a damn good reason.

If Ford wanted to really break the mold they should have tried for a VR-8 with an included angle of about 15 degrees, or even more radical a W-9. But Engineering should do us all a favor and dig a big hole, shove all of Marketing into the hole, and bury the lot, never to be heard from again.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
LOL, this is a really funny statement. I love Mustang GT's, and have one myself, but you are acting like you own a Ferrari.

The C8 Z06 will be a world class sports car, and has a starting price of $106k with a LONG wait list to get one, or else you will be paying $200k or more.

And what about previous corvettes like the C6 Z06, C7 Z06, ZR1's? How about just the stingray? None of them even worth considering or can hold a candle to your Mustang GT? lol come on, dude.

I'm not a brand loyalist, I've had a C5 Z06, C6 Z06, and a C8, also a few TA WS6's, and several mustangs. I love them all and know where each one lies in the pecking order.

How'd you react if a Focus owner said the new GT500 might be the first Mustang worth looking at but he's not giving up his focus! lol.
I would think the Focus and GT500 are different. It wouldn't make sense to have two cars that are the same, but if the cars are different it might make sense to own both.

I'm not interested in a C8 at all. I also owned a C5 Z06 and I looked at C7s seriously. There just isn't enough headroom in the C7. Now in the C8 they wrecked the car by omitting the manual transmission.

The FPCs generally rev higher because the whole assembly is lighter and is much faster to rev. The bad harmonics are usually removed with a balance shaft or two - not uncommonly placed in the 'V'.

Ford chose to "ignore" physics when they designed their UDUD layout for stupid "feels" reasons. German and Italian engineers are every bit if not more smart than Americans, and UDDU was chosen by everybody for a damn good reason.

If Ford wanted to really break the mold they should have tried for a VR-8 with an included angle of about 15 degrees, or even more radical a W-9. But Engineering should do us all a favor and dig a big hole, shove all of Marketing into the hole, and bury the lot, never to be heard from again.
They designed the engine firing order around wanting a low hood. There are lots of legitimate criticisms to make about the Voodoo, but Ford didn't ignore physics. That's laughable.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
kbreeze72
Thanks for piping into my original post-FROM 9 months ago. I take it that you are a slow reader!

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kbreeze72
Thanks for piping into my original post-FROM 9 months ago. I take it that you are a slow reader!
Silly comment. Obviously I just saw this thread. Sorry, I don't have the time to read every car forum thread as it's posted. But no need to explain that, the bottom line is you just had no other rebuttal to what I said.

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beach Boys fan, eh? I might wind up liking you after all.

But I have to ask why aren't you a miata owner on a miata forum?

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would think the Focus and GT500 are different. It wouldn't make sense to have two cars that are the same, but if the cars are different it might make sense to own both.
I think you missed the point I was making to the OP.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think you missed the point I was making to the OP.
If you like shifting you definitely wouldn't want to sell your Mustang. Make sense?

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
LOL, this is a really funny statement. I love Mustang GT's, and have one myself, but you are acting like you own a Ferrari.

The C8 Z06 will be a world class sports car, and has a starting price of $106k with a LONG wait list to get one, or else you will be paying $200k or more.

And what about previous corvettes like the C6 Z06, C7 Z06, ZR1's? How about just the stingray? None of them even worth considering or can hold a candle to your Mustang GT? lol come on, dude.

I'm not a brand loyalist, I've had a C5 Z06, C6 Z06, and a C8, also a few TA WS6's, and several mustangs. I love them all and know where each one lies in the pecking order.

I won't assume what he meant by his statement. But I could see not giving up the GT as the C8 would be a horrible choice for a daily. Plus at the price it would be a shame to drive it around all the time and risk it getting hit and damaged. But maybe he just loves his GT more than anything else in the world.

OP
OP

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Kbreeze How old are you? 15? Still living in your mother's basement. In case you didn't notice: this is a FORD based board.

We don't need any more trolls or troglodytes on here.

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I won't assume what he meant by his statement. But I could see not giving up the GT as the C8 would be a horrible choice for a daily. Plus at the price it would be a shame to drive it around all the time and risk it getting hit and damaged. But maybe he just loves his GT more than anything else in the world.
Why would it be a horrible daily? It's actually a GREAT daily. It's very comfortable, has decent cargo room, gets relatively good gas mileage, and heck people even drive them in the snow with the AS tires because the traction is so good due to the mid-engine design. It also comes with the front-end lift option which means no problems scraping anywhere.

And the price isn't bad at all if you ordered one @ MSRP like I did. Mine was $70k brand new custom order from Criswell Chevy. Mustangs are not far off these days, especially a loaded premium GT, or a Shelby. Than add in all the mods most of us do to them.

I have no problems if he loves his mustang. I love mine too. But acting as if every Chevy prior to the C8 Z06 is not even worth considering is just silly. He drives a mustang, not a Ferrari. Lets be real.

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kbreeze How old are you? 15? Still living in your mother's basement. In case you didn't notice: this is a FORD based board.

We don't need any more trolls or troglodytes on here.

Oh wow, the age and moms basement comment...really? How original.
I'm certainly no Ford troll, I own two. I'm just a realist and not the childish type that says Chevy sucks, your mopar sucks etc. Or the type that would look at a new Lambo and say, eh, I wouldn't consider it, but it's ok I guess.

Here's what's in my driveway, Two Coyote 5.0 FORD's:

2022GT3.jpg
Sponsored