2023 New ZO6 Corvette 670 hp NA

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
very bad years to cite. But 5000 units/yr for 6 years is 30k.

I think they can do 30k no problem.
In today's world with an ongoing war and China going full lockdowns to try to stop covid that's impossible to stop? I'll believe 30k when I see it.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
very bad years to cite. But 5000 units/yr for 6 years is 30k.

I think they can do 30k no problem.
Not really bad years to use as examples IMO. The last two years reflect the current realities of manufacturing a vehicle here in the US. You want to cite years before Covid - possibly those are more realistic. However, I think the odds are we will see slow growth and improvement in automobile manufacturing capacity, but not a sudden leap back to the way things were before.

In today's world with an ongoing war and China going full lockdowns to try to stop covid that's impossible to stop? I'll believe 30k when I see it.
I definitely think 30k is possible, but it will be years - and I agree manufacturing capacities could easily be choked by any number of world or local events.

OP
OP

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I wouldn't be too quick to pay any ADM on a ZO6. Here in S. Florida I have been keeping track of C8's spotting on the road. Last weekend I saw 12!

Today is Saturday and I saw 5 yesterday! One was even parked in front of a house in a lower middle class neighborhood(built in the 50's) and the car must be al least 1/2 the price of the little 2 bedroom house(maybe he was just visiting).

Point is: people that want a C8 are already filling up the "want/I need a C8" pipeline so by the time the ZO6 comes out-the must have people will already have theirs's.

I want one because it's a "cut-rate" 458/488 Ferrari(both were used for benchmarking the ZO6) running 10's.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Keep in mind a lot of people bought the C8 knowing they would later buy a C8 Z06, happens all the time.

I wouldn't be too quick to pay any ADM on a ZO6. Here in S. Florida I have been keeping track of C8's spotting on the road. Last weekend I saw 12!

Today is Saturday and I saw 5 yesterday! One was even parked in front of a house in a lower middle class neighborhood(built in the 50's) and the car must be al least 1/2 the price of the little 2 bedroom house(maybe he was just visiting).

Point is: people that want a C8 are already filling up the "want/I need a C8" pipeline so by the time the ZO6 comes out-the must have people will already have theirs's.

I want one because it's a "cut-rate" 458/488 Ferrari(both were used for benchmarking the ZO6) running 10's.

17Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2013 4Runner, 2015 BMW 328i
Personally would not pay $20,000 mark up on a car. I would find a dealer in another state and make it a nice drive home for that amount of money. But for some it is chump change.

Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C

I see 13 Mustangs at almost every light here in San Diego and the dealers still have ADM on them.
So people are filling the up the want on them like no tomorrow. Still have ADM .

I C8 configured at 2LT is almost 90k. I cant see a ZO6 being under 100k

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I C8 configured at 2LT is almost 90k. I cant see a ZO6 being under 100k
the Coyote engine is $9000 (or less) The Voodoo was what, $15k? The incremental cost of the Z06 powerplant over the LT1 won't be any worse - short of price adjustment because of skyrocketing annual inflation or "just because they can". The Z06 sold like hotcakes because it was affordable. GM is in the volume sales business unlike Ford.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Want an idea what you might expect to pay for a New Z06, take a look at what 2022 base C8s are selling for and their markups over MSRP.
the two aren't remotely connected except that they both are called C8s. You CAN NOT usefully extrapolate ANYTHING from the wildly distorted used car market. When demand craters to negative as fuel continues to climb do you honestly think you can extrapolate those conditions into new car prices? You can't.

You can gloom and doom to satisfy your inner angst but plenty of dealers are (and have history of) no ADM policies so there are more than a few thousand buyers who will be paying MSRP come what may.

And anyway those are not really "used". 5-10 miles are delivery miles. My guess they are playing shinanigans by having a straw buyer "title" it so it becomes used and then it's driven across the street to be put on his lot as "used" so he can duck GM oversight and penalties...

If someone doesn't care about pissing 40 grand away for no good reason just to say "mine" well, let them have it. Oil industry is on another giant rebound so plenty of folks will be flush with "one time" excess income to squander as they see fit.

Last edited:

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
And all of them have a flat plane crank.

Unless there is some other way to have 0.0 displacement other than perfectly straight crank.

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Very interesting discussion. I have a different take on things. I personally believe short of a serious recession, like really bad (which is unlikely as we do not have the labor force we used to have when people had children insted of dogs), car prices will continue to stay very high.

Raw materials have skyrocketed in many ways because of labor costs. Then there is gov't regulation, the growth and need of stuff from India and China which have 3+ times the population and as these countries grow, their costs and demand will increase.

The majority of the world's supply of neon comes from the Ukraine. This inert gas is used with the lasers that make computer chips. Ford as stated that the wait time on a newly ordered Mustang is 4-9 months (my M1 order likely won't get here until Christmas). The lead time on a new Bronco: 2-3 YEARS. That means demand will continue to drive the price up.

The car companies, seeing this problem would rather charge more for less vehicles than make cheap, quantity cars. More profit and as their costs go up, why make small markups on puddle jumpers instead of 10K$+ on each vehicle?

Dealerships are in the same boat as their volume is so much lower, they need to take advantage of demand by marking their cars - both used and new up.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
the Coyote engine is $9000 (or less) The Voodoo was what, $15k? The incremental cost of the Z06 powerplant over the LT1 won't be any worse - short of price adjustment because of skyrocketing annual inflation or "just because they can". The Z06 sold like hotcakes because it was affordable. GM is in the volume sales business unlike Ford.
So you're saying that an 2LT C8 RIGHT NOW is around 90k, but the Z06 wont be over 100k?
Do you believe you will get a Z06 a new one, under 100k?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels