Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Quick newby questions... Haven't custom ordered before. Since Ford's site is not updated with 2023s info, can someone be kind enough to tell me how does the process of ordering with an order guide works?

Do I pre-fill the information of what I am looking for and give it to the salesperson? Or do they fill it out by asking me questions (i.e. Equipment group/packages/exterior options, etc.)

Since there weren't many changes from 2022 to 2023, can I use the site as a template, fill out and print to have as a reference?

Thank you in advance.
Yet another option is to seek a quote on-line and go through Internet Sales.

Using Ford's web site, fill out the information as closely as possible (it doesn't matter if '22 still shows. I did same, completing a quote for a '21 when I wanted a '22.). Towards the end, there will be a notes section where you can place any information you like, like cutting-and-pasting a message; this is where you can put Order Guide-specific information and explain yourself. Ford will kick that request to the supporting dealer (you enter your zip part of the way through). Later, someone from Internet Sales at that dealer will reach out to you.

The information/codes in the Order Guide is what's available to the dealer via Ford's Web Order Entry system.

I went the above route. I used the initial Ford query, Internet Sales and e-mails to set everything up and haggle to the final price. Finally, I went in, confirmed everything, signed for it and waited for delivery.

I enjoyed using the above versus sitting in front of someone in the traditional way; it gave me time to craft my replies (I can be slow in my thoughts) and gave me the best advantage when discussing pricing.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
If you want to save money use one of the dealers that you will find on this forum that sells custom orders below invoice. If your location in your profile was more specific I would recommend a particular dealer but since it’s not I will tell you of three that are popular. There is Granger in IA that is offering 4% below invoice and Ourisman in VA that is offering 2.5% below invoice and Chapman in PA that is at 1% below invoice. If any of those are close to you see how they compare to your local dealer, pick your options from the order guide of build a MY22 on the website and either email or call them. Pretty simple process really.

inboundnebula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Inbound
Vehicle(s)
None
If you want to save money use one of the dealers that you will find on this forum that sells custom orders below invoice. If your location in your profile was more specific I would recommend a particular dealer but since it’s not I will tell you of three that are popular. There is Granger in IA that is offering 4% below invoice and Ourisman in VA that is offering 2.5% below invoice and Chapman in PA that is at 1% below invoice. If any of those are close to you see how they compare to your local dealer, pick your options from the order guide of build a MY22 on the website and either email or call them. Pretty simple process really.
Thank you @Lgb0250! Just completed my online order with Granger. Appreciate your advice as well as messages. This is a fantastic community.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
I was hoping MP was a one year color, but happy for you.😁
The early Colour sheet deleted MP, however it seems to have a second Life:

MY23 Colours and Codes (note Fighter Jet Gray is Mach-1 only)

Interesting to Note the inclusion of Eruption Green & Mischievous Purple - which had earlier been Deleted -

1664493578725-png-png.png

From the official Ford US 2023 Mustang Order Guide HERE: 2023 Mustang Order Guide (ford.com)

Damonfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
What does this mean on page 7? What exactly is orderable only through 11/15?
036B8243-7740-4668-A0F8-D14B15298CD7.jpeg

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
What does this mean on page 7? What exactly is orderable only through 11/15?
036B8243-7740-4668-A0F8-D14B15298CD7.jpeg
Well either it’s a misprint or there is going to be a very limited window to order a HPP. Best to check with your dealer ASAP.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
rumor is 23 S550 will be a very short run. any higher performance model that is usually late availability is a risky order too.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Interesting there’s a deadline for the HPP but nothing else. The Mach 1 HP won’t start production until 3/1/23 due to the SC2 tires, will be interesting to see how many of those actually get built given the late start.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Interesting there’s a deadline for the HPP but nothing else. The Mach 1 HP won’t start production until 3/1/23 due to the SC2 tires, will be interesting to see how many of those actually get built given the late start.
2023 will be the end of the road for the current HPP engine. Based on supply they are cutting the order date short.

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Guys / Gals,
Yesterday, I ordered my 2023 Mustang GT premium, California Special, A10, active exhaust, equipment group 401A, no GT performance pack, no magnaride.
MSRP = $53,250
I'll keep you posted on how long it takes to arrive.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Guys / Gals,
Yesterday, I ordered my 2023 Mustang GT premium, California Special, A10, active exhaust, equipment group 401A, no GT performance pack, no magnaride.
MSRP = $53,250
Congrats Tommy. Hopefully you will have it in short time. That price though is scary. My fully loaded 19’ GT/CS was $49,330.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
👍👍👍. Color?
Guys / Gals,
MSRP = $53,250

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Congrats Tommy. Hopefully you will have it in short time. That price though is scary. My fully loaded 19’ GT/CS was $49,330.
My 2020 was about $50k. Damn inflation and economy. I wanted the last edition since I like this model. One thing I do not yet know for certain is how much they will offer me for mine as a trade-in. They keep telling me to check Kelly Blue Book because of the constantly changing economy.